Mr. Myxptlk needs to be a little more “idiot-proof”

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ergotth, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Ergotth Committed Player

My biggest complaint here being the punishment during the turrets game. One player can screw up the entire group when the first minigame only punishes the player who missed it. Because of that I’ve met my share of matches ruined because of that one idiot who just fiddles around with the turrets. At least on normal version, can we just not get punished by the sheer stupidity of others?

PS: That aside, the QoL additions to Myxptlk and the Forger’s bossfight were just delightful.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Some players are under the impression that it's faster to disable all the turrets regardless of the consequences.
    • Like x 3
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

The solution is already in place. If someone does this and wipes the group maliciously or through repeatedly refusing to listen, it’s fair reason for a kick. You’re probably doing them a favour in the long run.
    • Like x 3
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Just did this to our healer who instead of healing us thru the Mr. Mxy adds decided to disable all the turrets instead of the five (not sure if they thought as Lorax said it would be faster or they didn't see the other player disabling the other turrets too) but because they weren't healing or shielding us we wiped. First time I've lost on the Mxy round that's not Elite. And to cap it off while I was typing to say that only one of us should disable turrets the healer ran back in and left the three of us out of the room. So that's when I initiated a kick. The first one of this episode. Obviously they were too impatient to finish the alert they weren't bothered to do their role. I know we had a thread about players not doing the Mxy Simon Says correctly but I've noticed in TOWW what really pees me off there'll be that healer or tank instead of doing Support on the Mxy hordes will mess with turrets. Why are some players just all about messing with them? Such an annoying mechanic
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What some healers don't understand is that the consequential damages ignores shields and is a OHKO if that's player's health bar isn't full. It's very unnecessary behavior when people do things like this.
    • Like x 1
  6. Saami Loyal Player

Im not surprised that people do not care anymore. I hate that alert for elf part in end. Luckily i dont have to play it, but some people might want marks from it and that is a bad thing.
  7. DAnomalous Level 30

I would say I can count on one hand the amount of times my group has ever done the mechanics correctly to all the games. I've never wiped on the fight though. That tells me its already idiot proofed
  8. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Idiot-proof is one of those imaginary things. We want it, but will never happen.
    • Like x 3
  9. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of teamwork? I know this sounds tidious but throw out a few requests before fight. Example:
    • start with turrets on one side first, left or right u pick
    • assign 1 or 2 people do them
    I do agree on stupidity of others though, the devs should have made the person who used an extra turret get warped to a Stryker's prison's classroom with a number line.(Instant kick)
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  11. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I only run this on my healer as the role optional is broken. That said, I leave the dice for the dps so I can heal the group. On occasion I’ll let someone die on the emote part to see if they are at their controller. Do they pop a soder or just stand there? For the dice, I’ve been wiped once I think and yeah, people can’t count it seems. If 2 people die by then, idc as I’m a healer and still have the last (good) dps standing to do the presents and all that.

Just adapt to it and see if they learn. Although adding them to ignore list is the first step after you try and help them somewhat. Heh, idk, maybe they speak brail or something. We have a matching picture, chat box, numbers above the dice, it even adds it up for you, what more you want!!!!?
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I've seen this move. In the long run, it probably is quicker....like by 30 seconds total.

Thank god we just had a clamp put in so that things take 10x longer for everything else....you know, cause no one likes getting done fast, right?
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's even easier IF everyone just did one thing.....grab a dice, get your number...push that number of buttons. Don't grab a dice, don't touch anything. BUT....of course...buttons are shiney and require pressing. How will everyone know how cool you are if you can't run around the room at super speed pressing everything? Amiright?

Put a DPS score penalty on a wrong button push and the practice would stop....100%...cause we all know that's all that matters.
    • Like x 3
  14. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I believe I stated that in the thread I made couple weeks ago. What you smash is what you break. No one else touchy wouchy.
    • Like x 1