Music Power?!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by BYSIS, Jan 20, 2022.

1. BYSIS Well-Known Player

XD I know it sounds ridiculous, and I'm certain that this'll never happen. But I think it'll be pretty cool to have a Music Power. I mean, Pied Piper's power is with music, and those cursed Satyr bards use the same power too. I honestly don't know how they would flesh out that power for public use, but I believe it would make a pretty cool Troll power. Lol it could work like the Hunting Horn players in Monster Hunter.

Please share y'all thoughts.
    • Like x 5
  2. DAnomalous Level 30

Theres also the Fiddler who was in the Stargirl show too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiddler_(comics)

Its actually not ridiculous especially in a computer game like this

You could also incorporate vocal powers like Black Canary and Silver Banshee's screaming powers
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A Bard inspired powerset would be cool.
    • Like x 2
  4. Trykz Dedicated Player

5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Yasssssss I would have so much fun being able to sing and destroy my enemies or enchant them
    • Like x 1
  6. Emoney Dedicated Player

They could name it Acoustics, and include both instrument and vocal powers. And yeah, it would be a great controller power, maybe tank...if you could control the adds and flip them on a boss or other adds.

Definitely enough canon to work with, itd be more interesting than serums people been asking for.

Imagine tanking a boss with a controlled add, rocking a two handed electric guitar...lol I'm down!!!
    • Like x 2
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

In the cartoon show called Dexters Laboratory there’s a metal guitarist superhero who uses his metal guitar to blast his enemies lol
    • Like x 1
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Heroes:

Villains:
  9. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Cant forget Punk Rocket

[IMG]
  10. Ergotth Committed Player

A Sound-based troll power would be hella cool, especialy if they go the extra mile and have a voice skill thats a clear operatic note instead of a scream. (and for the record, we do have a powerset with a distinct male and female scream sound being Munnitions)

11. BYSIS Well-Known Player

XD image us being able to Rick Roll our enemies xD
  12. BYSIS Well-Known Player

I was thinking that they can split the powers with two mechanics.
    Harmonic, and dissonance.
    Harmonic would use more lovely instruments like the lute, the flute, or harp, which power heals allies, and stuns enemies, like that sleeping power that mental and gadgets have.

Dissonance would use more vulgar, Distorted sound instruments like electric guitar, and screeching vocals. These headbanging sounds buff your allies, while debuffing your enemies
    • Like x 1
  13. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Supercharges should be with special instruments, like saxophone, vocals, or violin. And what they do is up for discussion xD
  14. BYSIS Well-Known Player

It makes sense cuz the troll is supposed to be the beating heart that inspires and drives the team, whether it's via buffs or power. And the Music Power would Soooooo fit the description of a Inspirational Charismatic troll power. Like hunting horn in Monster Hunter.
  15. Deathsaurus Well-Known Player

There is music broken all over the game without any powers)))
  16. Ergotth Committed Player

They can easily have a skill that uses Brawling's Right-click Clap but with the sound of cymbals xD
  17. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The Bard's Tale - such a CLASSIC.

"El Cid" was a Bard and a central character in this classic game. His music DID indeed inspire, sooth and was crucial to party performance. He was also a decent fighter and combatant.

Music DOES give a certain positive effect. Don't believe me?

Just check out the AWESOME Mad Max - Fury Road and see for yourself, lool.

When that Guitar Guy dies at the end, Immortan Joe and his Merry crew loses.
  18. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Ok... That Double-necked electric guitar would make an excellent supercharge power.
    • Like x 1
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

Oh god yes. Yes and yes. I was going to make a thread asking the same thing.

Yes and yes.
  20. BYSIS Well-Known Player

N
    Lol as soon as that power is made, There will be TONS of Cosplay toons of ppl like Sly stone, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, KISS, Epic Sax Man, Rick Astley, etc xD