We need alternative options to stats clamping...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Why do you ask? I'm just saying it in general, the impression is that they just want whatever achievement/feat to keep its difficult or boredom in the case of grind feats, so only the "good" people can get them (more like only the "good" people who can also get other 7 "good" people), while inadvertently gatekeeping the stat points as well. I would get behind them on this if feats weren't associated with our stats.
    • Like x 3
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

if it was revamped this way i could log in, do dailys, run elite just till i had renown an marks for gear then wait till next dlc. Yup, make feats not worth doing at all lol, Sounds wonderful……

Yea no thanks, i prefer to keep the feats worth doing even if they aint worth much at all after about 385 sp. at least its a little health, at least its something. Yea cosmetics r fun and all or whatever for a niche group but if your playin this to get stronger (even if only slightly) then yea, fluffy cosmetic rewards aint gonna prompt much feat runnin.
    Also, feats help episodes last longer. Take away the reward for the feat and alot of us are done with the episode w/in a few days or even a few hours.
    No feats to chase, no reason to keep playin.

I see what your tryin to do, issue is, your trying to solve an issue that doesnt exist.
    No one is gate keeping sp. its rite in front of you and ripe for the picking. You just have to do it like everyone else.
    What you want is a way to have what other have w/out doi g whats required to have it.
    Sorry, not how this works.
    Stats need a revamp, but not to hand them to everyone. It needs a revamp to make them more valuable, more desireable, more sought after and more relevant.

Heck, if they did that, maybe everyone would stop cryin they dont have em or cryin it takes to long and would go start figuring out how to get them. Now theres a concept……
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

You do realize the game is designed to work together with others in group, chat, league etc?
    We get you wanna have all the same stats but do nothing required to have said stats.
    I can respect your honesty at least.
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I mean I DID solo it during CR Relevancy using a Mental AM loadout in 2:38, so that's almost twice the time you really *need*...

.... sorry, knocked over the cat, did an eyeroll so hard I cartwheeled, what are we talking about again?
    • Like x 2
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Not worth much at after 385sp only if you are a dps, and fine with being squishy.

So you are saying that feats themselves, without stat gains, wouldn't be enough to make you chase them. Do we agree that we do not want to do them purely for the thrill of an achievement then?

Ah yes, an issue that doesn't exist. Like, why does this thread even exist then? Why do some people want the clamp to be optional so obtaining feats is like it was before HoL? It's all because of our character progression being tied to a feat system. Stats need to be accessible, not gated behind feats.

Yea, yet our stats are still individually based. So why should they be tied to feats that aren't solo?

I'm currently sitting at 657sp, with difficult feats such as Abrupt Disruption and Superior Simultaneous Shutdown achieved during relevancy. Did I really do nothing to have said stats? Stop thinking everyone complaining about feats is some <200sp rookie, this is a veteran player that will still do the feats but is tired of this lousy system.
    • Like x 7
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

I ask because of the statement you made “ So in the end, this thread is just people trying to gatekeep feats while also gating SP behind it.”

I ask because if we actually get down into the details, very few feats require an entire group to coordinate for a feat. There’s probably more feats and SP behind Time Capsules than are behind difficult feats.

There’s ~700 sp now available in the game and you need 310 to max your primary stat. I bet you could get 550-600 or so without doing any of the truly difficult feats and for sure you could probably fall into 350 sp just from playing the game regularly.
    • Like x 3
  7. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Or ya know just pay for them, which we all know is the true endgame (pay2win)
    • Like x 2
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

1. If I had to hazard a guess, it's because some folks got too used to having the god mode/near god mode situation that was in place for quite a while. That's not to say I think they aren't up to snuff as players, but when easy mode is in place and it gets taken away, some will adjust better/quicker than others. And those stats are accessible. There'd be a stronger argument to be made about stats and feats being gated if we still had to pay to access the various episodes. But none of the content is really gated anymore with episodes being open to all.

2. Because it isn't a solo game. It's a multiplayer game, and as such some of those feats are going to be in content meant for multiple players.

3. If you're talking about the time when the CR differential was in place and having a higher CR meant you were leaps and bounds ahead of the NPCs (and being lower in CR than NPCs meant some hard roadblocks) then I would question how much a player actually had to do to get feats. I remember taking some trips into walk-in portals for some content during that time, and content meant for a full raid/alert group was a cake walk. The only challenges I couldn't overcome were mechanics that involved hitting multiple cogs at once.

If not, forget all that. LOL But as a veteran player, you should be well aware of how the system works by now.
    • Like x 3
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

lol ill give you that one because you didnt quote me good one :p

you were talking about us like we were devs tho
    • Like x 1
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

no, mate. I'm talking about those who seem to think that they are the devs, the ones who shout down any & all dissention with gems like, " fine! you can have your unclamped runs! but you get nothing! " or " no feats! no feats! " or " git gud! " or " deal with it! " those people. the ones who seem to think that they are the be all & end all last word on the matter. you know who they are. I know who they are. they know who they are. we all know who they are.

also, glad you took the joke in the spirit it was meant. it's rare to see cooler heads prevail on these forums, these trying times. you have a great day, now, chum.
    • Like x 6
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are easily confused then. Example, I'm against the selling of 250 bottle duos because you SHOULD have to go into the duo 250x and run it. Now....are those duos hard? No....but they weren't really hard at launch either...OR when we were OP, but there is a TIME factor, which is why people would pay to NOT run them. So if you break the seal on the straight selling of feats (not the pseudo selling of them we have with TCs or styles in the HOL), with some sort of 'feat pack' or 'sp bundle'....how long do you think it would be before those 25 Grodd bounties we have today became 250 Grodd bounties? That 50x Raaaaaid feat in FGSE becomes 300? Don't think that would happen? Well, nice to live where you live, but it's outside reality. I can't see anyone starting the game in a year, not opting out of 100 WV bounties(easy or hard...it's 50 hours) looking at maybe a $5 'feat pack' for WV instead.

See I don't care if some guy who started a year ago was able to get his 'Artifact finder' feat by doing 2 man walkins that took 5-6 mins each vs 8 man runs that took 20-30. As long as they went in the required 13, 20 or 50x to knock it out, they put in the work IMO. You are more fixed on the fact that they were able to do it quicker or 'easier'. It's a strange fixation really. Neither way takes 'skill' or is 'hard' yet, you keep responding like they do. Again, sounds more like jealousy than anything else.

I'm about typed out on this, so I'm stepping out. As I said before, I doubt an option is coming...so the discussion is moot. I got my feats, I'm keeping up on the new grindy feats because they are part of what I run pretty much every day. I'm perfectly fine with the change to old content FOR MYSELF, as I don't really need to go into it much. As I said before 'F the other people then'. Seems like that's the overall stance, and the Devs seem to be onboard with it. No issues, cause I'm not 'the other people'. They will have to fend for themselves.
    • Like x 3
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I am still failing to see some of you players argument. In what way are SP within content gated? They are acquired the same way they have always been if anything there easier now than when new. and more people are running the content since in a way its all kind of relevant now. there is no barrier to SP progression outside of spending money on the fake ones in time capsules
  13. The Con Dedicated Player

Said it before.... saying it again....

I'm not a fan of the stat clamp... I'm all for the natural progression of strength.... and I think that marks should always be given for content accomplishment.

It seems to me the biggest killer of old content was the taking away of marks for its accomplishments.

"B-b-but!!! You can't have the best of both worlds!!" - :mad:

"Why not?" - :cool:
    • Like x 6
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

1. Maybe that is part of it. There are posts around of people saying that for them it is this "god mode" feeling of being Superman being taken away from them. And no, the stats aren't accessible as a whole, there are still feats remaining that won't be obtainable by players that aren't "gud" since they cannot offset their lack of "gudness" with stronger equipment that they did work for, only time will they if those feats will ever stop being a pipe dream to those people with the so called "stat bleed".

2. Multiplayer game or not, having a player have part of their stats locked behind stuff that can only be achieved with 7 other people who are "gud" is a burden.

3. No, I was not talking about that. Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned 2 difficult feats that still aren't out of relevancy.

And yes, I'm well aware of how the system works.
    • Like x 5
  15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

How so? It was already stated that is gated behind feats. Whether they are easier now than when they were new I do not know at the moment since I have most of the feats not associated with grinding or scam capsules.
    • Like x 2
  16. L T Devoted Player

Willflynne is going on my ignore list! He totally SPOILED a 15-page thread for me in the second post!
    Have some consideration and warn of spoilers next time.

But seriously... 15 pages? Can we just let this die?
    • Like x 4
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If I put a link to this thread in the Bring in yer dead post, does that nail the coffin??? But good news, a whole new post about the exact same subject is going on so this one will die of natural causes shortly.
    • Like x 3
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, what I was moreso expressing was the seemingly contradictory nature of your position or view.

You're against selling the feats outright on the marketplace, but are seemingly fine with wanting the clamp removed, only resulting in the content being decimated in seconds or minutes, which isn't realistically on any practical level far from the effortless nature of just allowing someone to open their wallet.

It seems like the only distinction you make seperating the two is the thin line between buying it and bothering to just queue at all.

All of the people, including you, because it's in your post always drag this argument back to "Time", the reality is you don't want to spend any amount of time in an instance over and above what you feel is appropriate and certainly not any amount of time over and above what you previously were when the game was unclamped.

It's actually somewhat ironic that your post expresses a level of "care" in the fact that a new player is basically forced to take a longer time to complete content than they would have had to in the past, but in doing so, entirely dismiss any level of care you should have to the other player in your instance who is dragged along with you, learning absolutely nothing and experiencing absolutely nothing because you want to one shot a bottle duo in 30 seconds rather than 5 minutes.

The real issue for a lot of you here seems to be that you don't want to actually spend much time playing the game, you want it over and done with as quickly possible and you want it as easy as possible, you don't want old feats to offer any resistance at all, you can deny that all you like - but it is the cold, hard, truth.

You might not be running that argument for yourself Reinheld, but you're still running it vicariously, not to mention whether you like it or not also, the future of this game continues, feats continue and if they were to unclamp and make feat hunting in old content as a byproduct super easy again you still stand to gain from the clamps removal on a personal level.

Everyone would gain from the clamp being removed, but it ignores the reason why the clamp was introduced in the first place.

It was and is not healthy to destroy the content in the way it was being done when unclamped, we all enjoyed doing it, even I did at times, but when you actually take a reasonable approach to it, on many levels it was legitimately ruining the game for other people when they never got an opportunity to participate, never saw what was happening or going on, never learned anything and were probably constantly locked out of boss fights by CR350 Dorkwad3000, hell in some circumstances they probably got locked out of loot - all cool though, right?

The clamp brought balance, some people might not like it, but deep down it is ultimately what was best for the game, as always report the outliers, get on with it, none of it's that difficult nor is it really that long and besides you're either here to actually spend 'time' playing the game or you're not.:)
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

You say "feats won't be obtainable by players that aren't good, since they cannot offset their lack of goodness

Genuine question, but at what point does it just become too much?

Players progress through relevant content so much so that by the time the DLC reaches the end of the 3DLC relevancy window the players reasonably exceed the content, when it drops in the EEG (as evidenced by Wonderverse) it becomes even a little easier, yet again.

How easy does something have to get? Exactly how much do we have to pander to these players who aren't "gud" before it just becomes a little ridiculous?
    • Like x 3
  20. Dry Cleaning Well-Known Player

i can't disagree tbh
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.