We need alternative options to stats clamping...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I'm not the creator of this thread but I still believe the bulk of the player base would be in favor of a clamp option than not.

Besides, anyone can click a like button, taking the easy route instead of thoughtfully articulating why they like the stat clamp or why an optional one is detrimental.
    • Like x 3
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I wish I could get gud and magic up 7 slaves to try hard content/feats with me but I can’t. A not insignificant part of the entire game is effectively sealed off from me. :(
    • Like x 2
  3. Trykz Dedicated Player

War Party is always recruiting :)
    • Like x 2
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

On EU?
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Never say never haha. I’m in the same boat. I no longer run old content. The only things I ran were blind qued elites for fun. Many many times, I’d finish those raids solo/ be last man standing for a long time in a lot of fights. I know that’s not going to happen anymore so no need to go back. I wasn’t getting feats or really needing anything, was just for fun. I played probably 4 to 5 hours a day and more on the weekends especially during Covid peak. I’m now down to 45-60mins a day. But that’s fine. Still enjoy what I’m playing. They did roll back on the source marks being removed from end game so that’s why I say never say never. Do I think mine and a few others posts and comments changed their minds? A bit but I think some of it had to do with however many of us canceled our subs the day that was announced. I think if the clamp is hurting playtime, there is a chance it will go away like other changes have before. If we all keep doing whatever we’re doing then it will either fail and go away or succeed without some players.
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Dox was a bad example, I shouldn't have lumped it in. It was mainly an example of the fact that you used to be able to do it in 2 min with randoms....now it's more even in the best group. I actually like the Dox feats being they way they are. Every feat in there is a 'skill' based feat and with the right group can be done in 1 run. 5 min?, maybe with a full league run....but even a decent LFG group will take longer, a random queue....please tell me you are joking. Heck most times I've been in there it takes over 5 min just to burn the Tyrant after the tunnels and that's assuming he doesn't get his glitched out phase where he sits there untouchable for 2 min. Not sure If I can say easier or harder than launch, as I wasn't in there when it was launched...or was not high CR enough to partake in it. But I did get all the feats in there maybe 30-40 CR over geared, so IF it were using the same system then as today, it would be around how WV content was right before the clamp. Same as someone knocking out LLL feats today with Max LOD gear has it.

I did run HH at level though and don't remember having to have 2 or more burners watch for the drone to kill it to avoid the wipe. So not all EEG is adjusted the same....I think WV got a heavier hand than some others.

And no...we will not agree on this apparently. And as you say, that's fine.....for us. You enjoy the clamp...I'll enjoy avoiding it. IF they ever announce some 'option' I guess we can go at it again.
    • Like x 2
  7. Trykz Dedicated Player

Noooooooooo :(
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Thought not. I’ve had this exact conversation 100 times. Thanks anyway.
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Apparently there are many people on this thread who will team up with you to get them...7 I'm sure at least. Make sure they stay for the grind ones too. I'm sure they won't mind. Good luck.
    • Like x 5
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im with u at the start
    Yes, this game has TONS of feats that dont require skill, they require you do the grind. Specifically to ur nexus example i say yes, find ahealer and/or tank buddy an walk rite in an do it (i 3 manned it w/ease just the other day). The clamp didnt really clamp us enough to make these feats unattainable or harder or even that much more time consuming. Its still miles faster than at relevancy.
    Thats the basis for my premiss in that i dont understand what these ppl have to cry about. Its takes infinatly less time to get the sp now than originally.
    Take your blessing and walk away. I dont see the issue, i just dont. Find the league, make the group, do the run. They are mind numbingly easy.
    The game is tuned so far down crom what it once was is all im sayin.
    Ppl cryin its too hard and takes too much time…….. do it at relevancy in relevant gear then come tell me about the horrors. If they spent less time crying and boycotting or whatever it is these ppl do and just played the game an built groups an joined decent leagues they’d see feats rain from the heavens with ease. Its just not that difficult
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

It’s quite literally having a copy of every instance with a separate set of conditionals…that would need to be managed/maintained. It makes more sense for them to occasionally upscale certain pieces of content, as in Save the Universe, rather than create unclamped versions of the entire game. That way they can adjust the traffic of people to specific clusters of old content rather than open everything up and have lower numbers across all content.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

But how many are on EU?
  13. Dry Cleaning Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    lmao all i see is u crying a lot about different types of players lmao total snowflake
    • Like x 1
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The optional clamp is detrimental because it would functionally place us in the circumstances that we were in before - where midrange content necessary to developing players barely ever queued and when it did? It was always carried, as opposed to having any necessary mechanic interactions with the instance in question be required for completion of said content.

Engagement increases retention. Brand new players don't tend to stay engaged or learn anything when someone just sets everything on fire and leaves.

Omnibus and player engagement works because - as a whole - we interact; if you divide the playerbase into the clamp segment and the E Z mode segment, you're removing the combination of interaction. At that rate, you might as well be playing Dynasty Warriors.
    • Like x 3
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

It went from being a 4 minute solo to being like a 2:30-3:00 solo. I have absolutely nothing else to add to this point in discussion, but I had noticed the turbo speed in this instance.
    • Like x 2
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Kimone is right. Plus a fractured player base is not anything I would ever want. I hope all on here realize the reasons for the passions on display, it’s because this is a game we all love and want to be the best it can be.
    • Like x 4
  17. Proxystar #Perception

It isn't really that I enjoy the clamp, Im just neutral towards it, it doesn't bother me because it's just not that bad in my opinion

I mean I guess to an extent I certainly enjoy that there's a degree of challenge if we go that far and since ive been through both now, although I also enjoyed the ability to absolutely destroy something unclamped, I probably enjoy the balance that comes with the clamp a little more.

We wouldn't argue if they introduced an optional unclamped system because it doesn't bother me too the extent where I would care.

I know you think I'm gating people, it's not really what I'm doing, I'm simply expressing a view that surely it gets to a point where things become just so easy they're effectively meaningless and I don't think that's a healthy place to be, which in retrospect to my old stance on clamping is where we probably were.

Everything in EEG was pointless, easy and meant nothing, players never learned anything and despite allowing easy feats, it wasnt building a more skilled playerbase.

Changing that back might give people easy feats and high sp, but it won't make them good players, it'll just create the illusion that they are.
    • Like x 3
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I had something all typed up, then figured....'what's the point? '

Most anyone who ran Nexus at level spent 0 EXTRA time getting Artifact finder likely. They ran the run for loot/gear for months and the feat was just something to keep them attentive while they did that. Bounties, checklists, counts....all are relatively doable just doing your daily/weekly runs (FGS '1st boss' feat is somewhat of an exception with 75 counts needed in a 1 year 'lifespan') when current. So 0 ADDITONAL effort/time....it can't be easier than that unless the feats are granted or sold. However, those feats require effort once they are no longer in your daily/weekly, current, content (LLL/FP/LOD right now). Even if they are 'easier' than launch, they take MORE time than 0...they are harder than 0.

TLDR;
    You got feats...I got feats... Proxy's got feats, even 9001BPM's got feats.

F the rest of them I guess. Enjoy the grind people, apparently it's easier now. Even easier than 0 effort people put out when they were current.
    • Like x 4
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I got my feats running the content, that's what others should do too, unless you are suggesting they just sell them all, which probably isn't far from being unclamped I guess lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Have you run many pure omni runs(queued solo not with 2 or 3 known buddies)? Cause the bad players are still out there (it honestly feels like more now), but unlike before we can't carry them through. Good or bad, that was an option before.

Again completing the content or doing 'skill' based things is not what I mainly object to. If I needed something in a particularly 'hard' run, I'd form a group and we'd destroy things I'm sure. But if that something will require 20-30 runs? Yeah, that's a touch more difficult and it has nothing to do with people's cr/sp/artis...or skills. It's pure time. More time than before...way more time than when the runs were part of a daily routine.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.