We need alternative options to stats clamping...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

gratz on the calmness of your arguments
    I see these threads over and over and have to fight getting frustrated with some of these people
    • Like x 5
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You only appreciate people who you agree with and try to pick at anything anyone says who disagrees with you. That’s not a healthy way of living/posting. I don’t care if I agree or even like someone. If I think someone is right than they are right despite how I feel about them.

The issue is that people keep asking for things to be handed to them. As harsh as it sounds being told to get better is sometimes the correct response. If you can’t do something than you should either try to get better to achieve it or move on to a different feat. Real life doesn’t work that way and no game works that way. I can’t beat this boss so the devs should make it easier for me to beat it. That’s an incredibly bad statement. Get better or move on. Harsh but true.

And the devs do listen. Just because they don’t listen to you doesn’t mean they don’t listen. One thing the devs care about most is the long term success of a the game. That matters far more than any group of peoples opinion. Part of the community wants easy mode free feats. Another group wants hard core sweaty gameplay. Neither one will happen because it will alienate part of the community. That’s for game play and feats. I don’t have all feats. I didn’t play some dlcs and some had grindy feats. So it was my own fault. I have no right to ask to be given those feats for free.

And the people who are saying they want a clamp optional feel they have a right to choose what rewards they get. “I don’t care about source marks or gear so you can remove them from the unclamped options. But I want unclamped for easy feats so unclamped should give feats”. That’s an idiotic statement. Clamped for full rewards and unclamped for no rewards.
    • Like x 5
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

and those players that did the feats while the content was new had a much harder time of them than the players complaing about them while running the same content 15 cr higher than the content in question. while new we are always lower Cr than the adds and bosses
    • Like x 3
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Shhh, someone likes me. Don’t spoil it. :(
    • Like x 5
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

If I go into Ep. 39 Long Live the Legion, am I ruining the fun of the new players to that episode?

If not, then why can’t I keep the same proportion between Ep.39 & Ep.42 when I go into clamped content?
    • Like x 4
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Actually, all the charts I have looked up have showed a steady increase in population. Wonderverse and 31st had lower populations than other recent games. And according to charts ep41 actually had a good number of players. December did see a drop in population in charts but we all know why that happened lol. But that aside, recent dlcs have actually had a good amount of player retention
    • Like x 2
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

When a dlc goes into early end game your stats are not the only things clamped. Content in that dlc is nerfed too. Look at FGSe, people are actually farming grail for the pet. Something that wouldn’t have happened in end game. The open world bosses were also severely nerfed. So with with the clamp the dlc became easier the day it went to early end game.

And the response given to you was actually very fair. If you’re ok with stats clamp in one game than you should be ok with it in a different game. They both achieve the same thing and they are both implemented for the same reasons. The only difference is that dcuo did it after you hit gear. But the results are the same.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are 100% right.....for solos... or for a single person doing a role or running unfamiliar content for the first time. Anything that relies on you having the other players do the same that theory falls apart. I can take something hard for me and completely demolish it, but I can't do it solo...well, except for solos. Can the 1 person teach the rest? Maybe, but it would depend on THEM....not the 1 person, but that is not something that should be required...ever time...repeatedly, yet it is many times.

When I was a kid, it took me a bit to learn how to ride a bike....I practiced...I got better...I improved. No one made me plop 7 other people on the seat with me and told ME to 'get gud' when the bike keeps falling over due to the weight and the other 7 not pedaling. I'd guess anyone seeing that would call me stupid for even trying....and they'd be right...so I'd get off the bike.
    • Like x 6
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

God I wish I could clone myself sometimes, playing this game. So many things I’d love to try, but I can’t. :(
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not debating it's easier or harder, but your example of people farming it now vs before is kind of silly as now there is no loot lock...before there was. People are also hitting it for the renown and farming grail, it's the path of least resistance. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it being easier than pre-clamp, just more cost effective now that replays are not needed.
    • Like x 4
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I see some of your reasoning but I would counter that anything with 4 or fewer people is pretty easy to explain a room to a group who is new and its generally clear to see if someone is unfamiliar with a piece of content.
    wither they listen and put it to use is up to them of course

I would also go so far as to say if your queing for group content its your responsibility as a player to pay attention and figure out what your supposed to be doing by watching or asking.

if all someone wants to do is tank and spank the whole game just running through ignoring everything as they allowed us to be over geared for everything for the longest time. then they should adapt.

granted that was on the DEV's for allowing it but it created a giant group of players that has no clue how to play the game they play
    • Like x 1
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

Mind pointing to that data?
    [IMG]
  13. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Source?

Just curious. I don’t doubt you but would like to know you are privy to such information. Is this official from Daybreak or is it from some independent tracking firm?
  14. Requake Dedicated Player

Steam data..
    https://steamcharts.com/app/24200
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Now what happens when you end up in a Peloton. Where your success relies on other people co-oping
    [IMG]
    Better learn how to work with your fellow teammates.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

IF we were using steam as an example of trending sample for the game's success and IF we looked at the times when HOL launched to now. (Launched end of August 2021.)

[IMG]

We see that HOL didn't really cause the downward trend from the summer spike and it still gradually went downward, not up. We will also see that on steam, the numbers go in waves over the last year. I actually think IF we are using these as an example, it really didn't impact the statistics at all.

Conclusion? Steam pretty much has a specific number of about 1200 players (I'm included) that run the steam client of the game and steam doesn't probably get new players and I think the real platform that would give the correct statistics doesn't provide such numbers. Which would be Playstation, but the game is on 4 different platforms. Steam really isn't a good example of a sample for the health of the game.

Edit: We can also see that Legion of Doom wasn't as good to the steam players. lol
    • Like x 3
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I have accepted the fact I am to be clamped. My point of contention is the amount of clamp versus the more acceptable CR gap between Ep. 39 and Ep. 42.

None of the stat clamp champions has been able or are willing to answer my question. Only to attack me for not liking the clamp or being tolerant of the clamp in another game.

Why is having more than +15 CR such a threat to the pro stat clamp champions?
    • Like x 1
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Do you really think anyone who is against the clamp is against it for solo/duo or 90% of alerts? Well, you'd probably be wrong, at least you are for me. I can pretty much still solo or duo most alerts (I do so pretty much every Omni alert I do), but don't worry, those are in pre made groups....so I'm not 'ruining' anyone's good time but my own...I rarely random queue Omni alerts and never EVER random Omni duos.

Although there are a few clamped alerts that have mechanics that apparently CAN'T be explained to most of today's new players (yeah....looking at you Fatal Exams 2nd test), there aren't many. And for the ones that can't learn, you let them die and continue. I'd say most alerts that are passed on are simply due to their needless piles of worthless adds or scripted delays (Arkham, Ace, Inner, Outer, Star labs, Coast City), not pure difficulty (except maybe VMF, DR or Damage Control....all have last boss issues) which make the runs take excessively long...wasting our time for little reward.

And sorry, but most 'successful' groups I see in random Omni raid runs are still ignoring everything they can get away with, it's just now it's 5 or 6 ignoring as long as they have the roles covered. Yeah, it's less than pre clamp, but it's still there. People are already doing it in the new duo/alert/raid, not sure why anyone thinks the behavior would change any more than it has to.
    • Like x 3
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Your example is spot on...if 1/2 of those other riders were either A) missing a bike (equipment, mods, artis, sp) B) were blind and deaf (won't listen to on screen, typed or vc, instructions) or C) still sitting at the starting line (squatters, afk, walk outs).

But other than that....spot on....great comparison to something completely unrelated....again.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.