We need alternative options to stats clamping...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentiency Well-Known Player

I get that and normally I’d agree. But I feel like we’re not actually being heard anymore. These threads start and end the same. You have the same people telling us to get over it or get good, and it ends after tons of debates with a message from mepps locking the thread. It’s gotten to a point of redundancy. We’re arguing amongst ourselves but meanwhile the devs haven’t said (I could be wrong, I just haven’t seen it anywhere) that they’d consider implementing an option. Maybe that could change in the future, idk.
    • Like x 4
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I hear you. But there's a reason the old adage "squeaky wheel gets the grease" is a thing ;)
    • Like x 4
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, the OW was definitely OVER nerfed, the solo is about the same except maybe Grail the green version...her teleport smack still hits pretty hard if you don't roll out.. This is not 100% true in the raid or alert. I've seen several groups struggle in the alert Posidon fight and a random FGSR run you can finish with less than 12 names on the board after several failures is pretty uncommon, IMHO. I've had to come into several of those on LB as groups fall apart when a friend will ask for help.

The point still was that if the 40-50 CR differential makes things so trivial, why isn't clamp on everything but the latest DLC? Why aren't all the clampers lobbying for that? Oh, yeah, cause they ALSO are still cheesing out those runs...you know...cause 'challenge' and all that.
    • Like x 5
  4. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Same here. I die easily sometimes if I'm distracted, but content is a slight challenge now.
    • Like x 2
  5. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Agreed overall with your post. The implementation is a real head-scratcher.

And yes, a simple option for a "classic" mode (ie-- no source marks except one from the loot picker, styles, feats, last boss chase items) would not cut in to people queuing clamped. They're completely different sets of folks pursuing different goals. In a scenario like this, I would be fine with perhaps upping the frequency of super rares (Ultraman Cape, Dark Robins, etc) in clamped content and leaving the new pets exclusive to them. That would incentivize people running those versions.

I'm still so confused why people are so threatened by folks going in to old content more powerful than it was at level. I'm thinking of all of the failed DME, ZOOE and CTE runs I saw pre-clamp.
    • Like x 5
  6. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

We voice our opinion because we are invested in the success of the game. We know that our perceptions are more accurately aligned with the reality that the clamp has been a disaster for the game and will be its downfall if left unchecked.

Maybe they'll fix it, maybe they won't. Our only hope is that our warnings will be heeded. And if they aren't, at least the game administrators won't be able to claim that they were ignorant or otherwise unaware of the problems.
    • Like x 4
  7. RokVar Active Player

Just a fly by response. I fixed the stat clamp problem for myself. I just don't do old content. Haven't done much except seasonal content since the clamp, and I don't see that changing for me, with the exception of new DLCs. I find I have a lot more time in my life now to do nothing. It's not great.

The devs feal that the clamp is important to the future of the game. I don't fault them for that, but I respectfully disagree that it is anything that I personally will ever enjoy. Therefore, I just don't play it.

Not only the clamp, but the boost. I made a new toon the other night, used the cr skip, had 47 SP and out dps'd a clamped player with 450 sp. THAT is not right.
    • Like x 6
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

THIS! Exactly this! No one has explained adequately to me why this disparity is ok while it is still end game content but as soon as it becomes not end game content ONLY +15 CR for you! (plus a little arts/augment bleed on the side, enjoy)

I, as well as others earned our stats, so yeah I want to keep any much of my CR as I can only because it is my CR. I too choose not to play stat clamped content so whatever. Peace
    • Like x 6
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

If you have this issue here, you should be upset at S.E for it as well. But your criticism of it isn't applied fairly or evenly on this. Its about the principle of it. Not about "it affects me personally so its a bad thing"

If you understand why S.E does it, you should understand why DCUO did it.
    • Like x 3
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The problem with that is that our perceptions of what we see in the game may not match the reality, and that folks might be seeing what they want to see.

What we see in the game is limited. There are some ways of checking some numbers to try and come to some conclusions, but those can be limited. We can't see everything that's going on in the game, but the devs can. We're approaching six months now into the clamp, and if clamping truly was the unmitigated disaster that some would make it out to be I'm pretty sure we'd have seen some major changes to it by now (if not the removal of it).

That hasn't happened. Some adjustments have been made, sure, but nothing near removal of the clamp or a full-on return to what amounted to be god mode in the game.
    • Like x 4
  11. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

CR change was an adjustment. Adding Source Marks back to endgame, that was the total removal of a failed idea. Lowering the total needed weekly raids and alerts for Omnibus to 1, is as major of a change as you can make without removal.

Obviously we don't have all the relevant info. But your assertion that we haven't had major changes or the removal of initial core-concepts is untrue.
    • Like x 3
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Again, this is the only kind of response I ever get to the question I originally asked. Not to beat up on you Ryuko, but how does this response answer the question of why it is alright to have a 40-50+ CR difference in the oldest end game content with 100% of my arts/ augments/sp, but as soon as it becomes not end game I am only allowed to keep +15CR above and a tiny % of my arts/augments/sp? This is insulting to me for all of the hard work I put in to developing my characters.

Progression in this game is now only for end game content. It has nothing to do with not end game content because every end gamer who goes into any clamped content will be equal regardless of how high there CR was, how may sp they have, how high their arts/augments are, everyone of us will be clamped to the same +15CR and % of sp/arts/augments. It is better for a low level player to go in to clamped content because they are clamped up and from what I have observed personally from the scoreboard, appear to out class any end game player. This is just my experience in the very very few clamped content missions I have played.

Whatever. I don't care anymore. I made my decision to not play any stat clamped content. Everyone else can have it. I'm done with it.
    • Like x 2
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

as an alternative and I'm just going to lay this here

someone could take some thing that is hard for them
    practice and learn mechanics
    then improve
    • Like x 5
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

thats intresting I can think of many reasons but you say there none :eek:

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im going to be blunt, some people want to throw clearly false information out there because its suits a narrative that has been debunked time and time again. To the point where Mepps doesnt really bother commenting on it anymore. If he clearly says their stat bleed and youll always be more powerful then the person who isnt as geared as you. Why are people out here saying "progression doesnt matter" when it clearly still does?

You only stick to league runs, you are sheltered from the broader community that i play with day in and day out. All these horror stories i dont see, all these hour runs people are complaining about? Rare. You have a very strong opinion of a clamp you refuse to participate in, but wont actually give it the time of day.

You feel your progress is stifled, and im telling you by experience that is untrue. When i first ran clamped content, i was getting outhealed by a clamped healer by 10 million. To me it was obsurd! But his gear, artifacts, sp made all the difference. But that flies in the face of what you want to believe and you arent willing to see it for yourself.

I ask to run with you all the time, so maybe you can see what its like when outside your sheltered space, and see maybe you're being unfair...But nah, you're not willing to look, just assume its horrible. So you're fighting against something you arnt giving a fair shake and is that really feedback, or a personal gripe?

And yes i call you out on it because its a biased argument that isn't based on the merit of the system, but your personal investment into it.

I like you but im not beyond calling you out for something i see as hypocritical lol. Im not letting you off the hook because you're homeslice lol.
    • Like x 5
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

None of this addressed what I asked. Why is it that 40-50+ CR above the content plus full arts/aug/sp is acceptable in the oldest end game content but I am only allowed +15 CR plus a tiny % of sp/arts/augments in not end game content?

How is progression not stifled? Every end game player running stat clamped content will be clamped to +15 CR above plus the same percentage of sp/arts/augments regardless of how high they are in end game. Upclamped players are prioritized, period. You know that to be true.
    • Like x 2
  17. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Prime, for example, is 75 cr with full suit.
    Why would Prime in a 330 cr suit be fun exactly?
    That is the reasoning behind stat clamping. Clamping us down to the CR stats
    of the content being played. It isn't a nerf or unfair either one.
    • Like x 1
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You do know that there are people who actually get feats while the content is new right? So a lot of the people with high so actually earned it. And the devs gave plenty of warning about the stats clamp so you had plenty of time to get the “hard” feats
    • Like x 5
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

To be honest, players should get to flex their muscles some in endgame where the gear is designed to fully be maximized and the content is designed for that gear. But allowing current endgame gear to be taken back to content 7 years ago with random players who also want to have some fun and participate? Your presence in such over-stated gear breaks raids, an dictates singlehandedly the pace of a instance that has to accommodate 7 people. So they toned down our gear stats relative to the boss in outdated content, but still shows your progression relative to other players.
    • Like x 4
  20. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It’s a nerf to me. Prime is 75 CR full suit +15 CR for end gamer plus tiny % of sp/arts/augments = the bleed. Why can’t I be at 125 CR instead of 90 CR?

I accept that the clamp is here to stay full stop. I accept that end game players are punished to +15 CR only. But why does it have to be +15 CR when that is not the case for the lowest still end game content? As far as “feeling stronger”, I feel far stronger in the Anniversary Event content than anything stat clamped that I have run.

They got their wish granted. This High CR player is choosing not to ruin your fun by running the not end game content.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.