We need alternative options to stats clamping...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Oh interesting! I didn't realize this announcement had been made. Do you know when this option is being rolled out? Sounds like you joined the staff from the way you're making such proclamations.

Hopefully all feats earned pre-clamp from any overgearing situation are rolled back asap.
    • Like x 5
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Requake Dedicated Player

I agree and any feat that hasn't been earned before the next DLC becomes unattainable as well!
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im going to ask you this question, since it might be easier.

Would you genuinely WANT that? Because i dont see Yass asking for his feats to be removed. Hes fine with being grandfathered in, but he wants the clamp gone. So he willing to use straw-man arguments to try to make a point that, "Since the rules were changed, lets retroactively change them for everyone.....But if they do ill quit!"
    • Like x 3
  5. Requake Dedicated Player

It was sarcasm.

But technically, I wouldn't mind either, but the way the game is built up, it's impossible to do this, as feats are directly tied to skill points.

Other MMO's where achievements are there purely for bragging reasons could and some do.
    • Like x 1
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

The Explorer title in WoW gets harder for every new player joining due to the game increasing in size. However you get grandfathered in if you do the achievement before increasing the map size, FFXIV is the same. You get a title for maxxing out all your class levels, but when the level cap is raised, it gets progressively harder for newcomers, but those who already maxxed out their classes are grandfathered into the title.
  7. DAnomalous Level 30

Just reset everyone's feats to 0

Then everyone will need them, there will be plenty of people doing them and no delinquent expectation that everyone you're playing with has over 500 skillpoints even though they cant read mechanics written across the middle of their screen, their artifacts are less than 80 each and the only ally they have is oracle bot at rank 2
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Why are you over dramatizing what everyone is saying because you don’t agree? It’s fine if you don’t like it. No one is saying you have to like it or you’re wrong. However you are also not entitled to any feats. Either earn them or skip them.
    • Like x 6
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Interesting how people are resorting to “if I can’t have it no one can” lol
    • Like x 7
  10. L T Devoted Player

And when my son was 2, he used to stamp his feet and say "No! No! No!" over and over some times. That didn't really work out for him either. Good luck!
    I'm thinking this is going to be a recurring thread the same as "this game is dead".
    But... But finding the block butting is SO HARD!!! There's literally no reason not to have an auto-block feature!
    • Like x 6
  11. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I consider clamp a failed experiment, that is slowly dying. It hasn't revived old content, and if people don't like it the general solution is "I just don't do it". Seems like the original intent has backfired. Instead of more vets playing with newcomers, more vets just avoid it. At least a noob used to be able to get a carry through ZooE/PanE each week, lol. Now they have the choice of FoS3 or Happiness Home. Yay?

I was originally in favor of clamping. The way its been implemented though? It's just not satisfying to play the content. I usually do an Omnibus raid, but that's about it. The pacing is just... off, either still a total steamroll like Starro alert in 3 minutes, or kinda sloggy but still easy like Stryker's at 15 minutes. And it makes a lot of the game just... dull. The Tiers are too wide and the instances lack variation because of it. Everything feels the same, and kinda slow, not tooooo slow, but slow enough that you notice -- or still fast enough that it seems like the clamp is meaningless.

The current "balance" level my be the worst possible - not hard enough to challenge, yet somehow just slower. Looking at the forums and who's building groups for what etc., I'm not sure there's a good place to land. It will either be harder nd make more people feel like it's too slow or their progress is trivial, or it could be faster, and then feel even more steam-rolly. There is little point in pursuing either.

Omnibus is a cool idea, and it can be fun when you have time, but it's hardly a reason to implement such an un-fun change throughout the game. Feels bad, man.

As far as adding an option to turn off clamping and just loot lock regularly, I don't feel like the people who would take advantage of the option are the people who even play clamped content in the first place. Like, I don't think we'd be losing players from the available pool for queueing omnibus or old content.
    • Like x 5
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Remove source marks is a big no from me. That's exactly why I run older content. You need source marks for just about everything. Catalysts, style feats, generator mods, old content gear sets, and did I mention catalysts.

Option on/off, nah, that would cause way to much complication with queuing.

Increase clamp, maybe, but 15 higher Cr makes one pretty powered for the content.
    • Like x 2
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im curious, what did you expect the clamp to be?
    • Like x 2
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The issue is that the people avoiding it aren't evening giving it a chance. They just say clamp and they ignore it. They could increase the clamp by another 30 and people would still avoid it. So making it easier just does not do anything. Then as others, including myself, have said. We avoid the specific raids/content where players have to follow team mechanics since these days players just want to button smash until someone else does mechanics for them. They can remove the clamp and these ones would still be a pain. So the clamp isn't even the issue. The issue is players wanting everything for minimum effort.
    • Like x 10
  15. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Exactly..

All you pro-clampers shouldn't have a problem with giving all of the feats you earned pre-clamp back then..you know, now that you can "really earn" them because of the clamp
    • Like x 4
  16. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

What an interesting thread...(No) And the answer to all stupid suggestions is "NO". Get good.
    • Like x 4
  17. Requake Dedicated Player

You know, some people actually get all feats while it's the current DLC, which is similar or possibly worse than it is right now. They invest time into those raids (they git gud) and eventually do it.

Next to that, I know you guys are basically trolling and trying to get feats for free,
    HOWEVER, now that I think of it, they could make a sort of new game+ feat tab, so you can 'prove' yourself again with stat clamping. Maybe not even for all feats, but the more iconic ones like Epic Odyssey, no death FGSE/FFE, .. pure cosmetically, could be fun AND increase the lifetime of certain raids.
    • Like x 4
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What’s the point of this thread? We’ve all said our piece, and nobody’s going to change their mind. I’ll just be over here, lamenting my crushed dreams.
    • Like x 5
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

How about this, we give them feats, but those feats dont grant SP unless done clamped;)

So they can get those feel good achievements for face-rolling but not actually giving anything to them at all.
    • Like x 1
  20. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's actually fun watching the failure that is stat clamping circle the drain. Its advocates inevitably turn to petty insults and insist everything is fine while large chunks of the community avoid it altogether. What a success!
    • Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.