Instances you won't run with the stat clamp?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by aikuma2, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

outside of events and solos i wont touch the stat clamped stuff
    • Like x 4
  2. Achikah All About That Base

It really depends on how you're queueing.
    If I'm queueing with my league in majority numbers, everything's on the table (minus Elite content- I'll LFG for those.) However, if I'm solo queueing, there are far less options I'll run. In fact, it'd be easier to just write what I would accept as a solo queue:

Alerts: Oan, LoA, Trigon, Intergang, Demon's Plan, PZ, SJ/WC, and Starro.
    Raids: Doomsday, Bombshell, Necro, FOS3, Gates, Prime, Kandor, and TTB.

There are multiple reasons for only doing these instances. One is there are a lot of people who queue for the Omnibus who are very new or green to the game. Their CR being low really isn't the issue anymore, but their understanding of loadouts/powers/support roles/etc. is very limited and can make the run 5-10x longer than it needs to be. Secondly, there's the mechanics of the instance itself that needs to be explain and experienced, which adds to further hiccups. The above instances are ones that are straight forward, on the quicker side, and have easy to understand mechanics, if any at all.

Now, this being said, I'm not fully blaming or avoiding newer players- everyone needs to start somewhere, and honestly I don't mind helping. In fact, I'm usually always happy to teach mechanics or even get easy feats for those in need. However, more times than not, no one wants to read group text, no one is in instance chat, and there's the rare occurrence of 1-2 players being AFK. There's also a small percentage of players who will be curt or rude when writing/replying back which is just always incredibly disheartening when you're just trying to facilitate a smooth run or help others understand.

At the end of the day, I'm not a saint- my patience wanes, empathy turns to apathy, and soon I find myself giving up entirely and even loathing the game and logging off. It's just really difficult/tiring when you have to consistently explain loadouts/roles/mechanics to people on the most minimal, bare-bones concepts of a game designed for 8 players to hold equal weight through its content.

I don't know how to ultimately fix this, and again, I'm not opposed to the clamp in any way (other than elite raids being painful again and me missing my elite furniture drops...) But when it comes to Omnibus, I have definitely had to adapt my play style to save myself some mental anguish and fatigue.
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

all of them. I'd rather have me few remaining teeth pulled.
    • Like x 4
  4. Batladin3217 New Player

Same Here.
    • Like x 3
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I run things the same way I did before stats clamp. If it involves mechanics that require team work (like hitting 4 switches at the same time) I will skip. This isn’t because of clamp but because people don’t follow directions. And those content would’ve been hard even before clamp because of it. So I’ll usually skip those unless I have others with me.

The other thing I skip is phantom zone because it doesn’t ask for each role. So unless I’m on my healer or tank I’ll just skip it.

I don’t avoid anything because of the clamp. The clamp isn’t as bad as some others are making it out to be. Things that were a pain before are still a pain. If anything they were worse before. Before players would keep smashing buttons and expect everyone else to do mechanics. Now if the tank and healer stop to do mechanics these braindead players who just smash buttons risks dying so they also have to follow.
    • Like x 2
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I won’t run stuff below this endgame stuff. What’s the point if our stats are slashed off. It’s like Superman goes to stop a bank robber and dies via a lead bullet because Superman got clamped.

Hell, I don’t even do that weekly raid thing as it pointless as impossible to sit through raids keep popping up. No thanks!
    • Like x 5
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Not because im clamped, but because im not going to deal with imbeciles who dont do mechs & ignore the chat. Of the things I actually get popping up in omnibus, these i will immediately cancel.

•Crown Of Thorns
    •Atlantis Throne
    •Darkseids War Factory
    •Monsters Of Metal
    •Spindrift Station
    •New Genesis Now
    •Happiness Home & Throne Of The Dead (ill usually feel it out, these 2 aren’t always a mess)
    •Fellowship Of The Arcane
    •Labyrinth Of Lost Souls (ill feel it out, if i end up w a tryhard who cant do stone mechs i will leave)

There are others im sure, these are the ones i see frequently that i will not waste my time running w pugs
  8. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Hmm... I rather won't run with people who can't use block... and roll... and interrupt... and other things called mechanics. Instances doesn't matter.
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I only run old content if I need something I couldn’t get at the time. That’s not an option anymore so I don’t run anything.
    • Like x 4
  10. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Skip everything except DD, FoS3 and Starro Alert.
    • Like x 1
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

But theyve stated multiple time your stats bleed through even the clamp....Also doesnt Superman's "stats" heavily alter to fit the situation?
    An old Batman giving Superman some problems

Superman is able to completely shut down Batman
  12. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Same..

Won't even touch clamped group content
    • Like x 4
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That’s like a lot of DPS in the game lol
  14. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Bleed through, sure. But what’s the point? I have like 120k might and I go into an instance and it capes me at 10k and the bleed adds an extra 5k to make it 15k. For the content at relevance it may make a small difference of improvement but I’m still out 105k might that is not being utilized. Why bother getting 700sp or maxing out augs, etc, just to lose most-to-all of it running old content for what…marks? Even for the wonderverse content, our heads are already cut off for stats and our cr.
    • Like x 2
  15. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

If I'm not running something it's because the cut scenes too long
  16. RokVar Active Player

I don't run anything that is clamped outside of seasonal content.
    • Like x 2
  17. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

I avoid most of it. I do my 1 Omnibus raid and alert each week and even then I only accept the instance if I know it's an uncomplicated instance to run.

Other than that I'll run something if my league or friends need help, but that's it. I'm not a fan of being stuck in something for a long time when I out-leveled it years ago.
    • Like x 1
  18. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Spindrift station.

That’s 3 hours of my life I’m never getting back.

Also Arkham asylum as it’s just way too long for an alert
  19. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I’m choking, gimme oxygen, I’m dying, red intensifying…dies. Group is like, why you die?

That sums up that raid like a suffocated answer.
  20. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Oh like how paradox wave I did before in under a minute and now it takes awhile again. Scoreboard popped before side bosses appeared. Lol. It’s like a roller coaster and we on that chain again going up and up and up and up….and up…and up…