We need alternative options to stats clamping...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STsource Well-Known Player

These are just a few ideas nothing more;

- Increase the CR again for stats clamping
    - Have stats as an option on/off button
    - Include the bonus in the monthly sub going back to old content whilst being max cr.
    - Remove source marks and allow us only get styles and feats.

Anyone else got ideas? dev's to consider?

thanks
    • Like x 9
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Or you could just, you know, deal with it.
    • Like x 26
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

kinda sorta what willflynne said. I'm no fan of the clamp, but I don't see it going away any time soon. you'll get some adjustments down the line, I should imagine, but it's here, now, & you're either gonna have to get used to it, or - like me - just have nothing to do with & confine your interests to endgame & open world stuff.
    • Like x 3
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Bonus week where they just flip it off and forget how to turn it back on.
    • Like x 2
  5. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  6. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

I'm 'dealing with it' by playing less and spending less.
    • Like x 4
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Lol two threads started already, can’t wait for what’s to come out of it.
    • Like x 4
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

All of these "Alternatives" go counter to what they (the Devs) want/need at this time...which means your suggestions aren't viable. If there is any specific issues with any particular content, they are more than willing to look into it and make adjustments. Otherwise, what you're asking for is not likely to happen in the foreseeable future.

It's not what you want to hear at all...but it's the reality we all have to sit with for the time being.
    • Like x 7
  9. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I solved the stat clamp problem by switching to never playing clamped content
    • Like x 11
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

If +15 Cr with stat bleed isnt enough, maybe you need to improve.
    • Like x 17
  11. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yup. There's literally no reason not to offer an option to go unclamped.
    • Like x 6
  12. Requake Dedicated Player

These threads are being created by people that can't block on a skull, do you expect the 15 CR's are going to help them? :3
    • Like x 12
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

I keep hearing about these horror shows, but i honestly dont really see them. Im league-less so im not sheltered from running with the general community. If anything ive seen the communities patience overall go up.
    • Like x 2
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I would definitely avoid trying to speak for the devs.
    • Like x 2
  15. JeanGrey Active Player

I would love if they increased the CR by atleast 15-30 more for episode content (excluding the open world). I like the idea of the stat clamp I just wish I felt slightly stronger in older content.

I think for the open worlds the clamp should either be removed or the CR should be increased by a lot more. It's extremely tiresome and difficult to do the open world bounty quests. And sometimes getting a group to help in chaos gotham for example is not possible. I really want to experience all the open worlds but there's no one in them ever, and it makes it really hard to do anything.
    • Like x 5
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They don’t NEED anything. You and no one is entitled to getting all all feats. Feats are things you work towards. Is some feats are unobtainable than you either have to love on or try to find different ways to improve. It’s funny. People always say they want options but what they really mean is they want other options that let them get things without working for them.

You either do things clamped for rewards/feats or you do things unclamped for 0 rewards. And yes feats are considered rewards. The clamp already has a large amount of stats piercing and the cr Grace zone has been adjusted numerous times.
    • Like x 6
  17. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

I don't bother doing Omnibus stuff so I don't worry too much about the stat clamp, but the only change I would actually like to see would be for us to retain our CR when we go back to older open worlds.

I kinda miss going back to old areas, hugely over-levelled, to beat up bosses that used to be super tough back in the day. It was also a good way of testing new builds (can this tank build survive against Doomsday or Brine Hulk etc...)
    • Like x 4
  18. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

*grabs lawn chair, popcorn, and a bottle of Wild Turkey 101*
    • Like x 2
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its pretty easy with +15, more on top of stat bleeding is just re-trivializing the thing they are trying not to re-trivialize lol
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Then lets quote them.
    Also isnt this you post speaking for the developers on their old game philosophy?
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...stat-clamp-choice.320225/page-24#post-4474621

This you?

"From the go, the philosophy of this game and progression has been-- "revisit old feats down the road if they're to much trouble now, eventually, over time, you should be able to tackle them." Look no further than pre-clamp groups struggling with DWF feats, CTE feats, MOME feats than to see that obviously, simply gearing past wasn't "trivializing" these feats"

Outgearing content to go back to it, IS trivializing it...
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.