Instances you won't run with the stat clamp?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by aikuma2, Jan 22, 2022.

1. aikuma2 New Player

For the most part, I'm a fan of the stat clamp, because it widens the number of instances available. But I wondered if there were instances that you guys just didn't want to deal with, unless you get to stomp right through it.

For me, it's:
    • STAR Labs Research Facility (T1 Alert)
    • Fortress of Solitude: Power Core (T1 Raid)
    For these, I'd rather take the penalty than do the instance. I'm sure, with proper coordination, they're no harder than others in their respective groups, but those two feels like a chore at their "proper" pace.
  2. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

I'm one of the people who absolutely hated the stat clamp (and still do), and I don't really run anything stat clamped. I miss the days when I could do Elite $$$ runs for rare collections or styles. :(
    • Like x 5
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Probably Darkside War Factory but tbh, I dont really leave instances. I want to help players run and complete things. No need to leave and let 7 players wait for a replacement making the run longer and everyone be miserable then more people leave making it even longer.

Yeah, this thread will do just fine lol
    • Like x 7
  4. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I pretty much ignore all the clamped content and stick with endgame
    • Like x 4
  5. Saami Loyal Player

I will do my best to finish to every instance i get in. Being fan of stat clamp or not... No opinion.
    • Like x 1
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

I stick to raid but i wont queue for Gotham Courthouse
    • Like x 1
  7. BatgirlS2 Level 30

Phoenix Cannon (the disconnect problem)

Clocktower, Halls of Hades - with a bad group those can take all day and maybe even not finishing if people start to leave/ people not joining if it's after 1st boss.

The T1/T2 raids - they're too long.

For alerts it's crypt of Penthesilea, if I'm not in my tank I usually skip it.
    • Like x 1
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Is that because it offers no rewards (source marks and prestige), because it is annoying, or both?
    • Like x 1
  9. Saami Loyal Player

I was not who was asked, but i would say annoying :)
    • Like x 1
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

None, I’ll run anything as stats clamp or non stats clamp doesn’t affect me in either situation.
    • Like x 3
  11. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Phantom Zone.

But if assuming I'm not on my main character;

Alerts:

-Star Labs
    -War of the Light alerts

Raids:

-Batcave raids
    -Fortress of Solitude raids
    -Khandaq
    -Halls of Hades
    -Unholy Matrimony
    -Brainiac Bottle Ship
    -Darkseid War Factory
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its as flavorful as hospital food. The story in there is mundane, the bosses are mundane, how it feels structured feels mundane. That instance is on my "Will not run more then once per day if asked, and will not run at all willingly by choice"

I think ive run it twice in my 10 years of playing. Once pre-clamp, one post-clamp.
    • Like x 1
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

You still can and your still OP clamped. Now if you dont have it in you even OP, thats a “you” prob.
    • Like x 1
  14. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Unholy Matrimony
    Darkseid War Factory
    Brainiac Bottle Ship
    Arkham Asylum and Stryker's island alerts
    Every elite raid

These raids/alerts are usually long enough without clamping and since there arent any cool rewards, I just avoid them.
    For elite raids, they shouldnt be clamped nor give source marks, there are too many elites to make a good group for (even more if they dont drop pets) and they are almost 100% a fail with pugs.
  15. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Yeah but I liked to just random queue for the elite raids (not a pre-formed group). Usually there'd be one or two people in there that would be getting hard carried, but we made it through. I get a funny feeling if I randomly queued now, 10/10 times it'd be a total and utter fail.
    • Like x 3
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

You're probably not alone. I see very few complaints about the rewards being FUBAR for the following instances, which suggests most people avoid them or they rarely hit the Omnibus choice:
    • South Gotham Courthouse
    • Stryker's Island Penitentiary
    • Coast City
    • Arkham Asylum
    • League of Assassins Stronghold

See anything all of those have in common? They're all former tier 3 4-player alerts. Somehow, the former tier 3 4-player alerts missed the stat clamp rewards changes.
  17. Ryll Committed Player

It is actually more about the players there for me. If you get someone who is unwilling to help then I bail. I also have an hour limit on instances too.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I stick to the solos for Omnibus, but I don't exit the queue because of the clamp.

Anything that I haven't reached yet (solos beyond Deluge) I'll cancel out of. I hate running content out of order. LOL

Beyond that, it just depends on the mission. The AF1 iconic solos I'll avoid (especially the Circe mission) without a second thought. The Gotham University Warehouse mission will depend on my mood. Some days I don't mind going through all the fights against all the cats, other days I just want nothing to do with it. Everything else is pretty easy to deal with and I'll just run it.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Anything like Strykers or Arkham where it's just tons and tons of adds 'busy work'...just too slow now. SGC is another. Pretty much any raids where 3-4 people can't carry the day most times(as chances are that's who will be upright at the end). Honestly its a way shorter list to say what I DO accept...full groups notwithstanding. I'll run most anything if I build a full group (but of course thats when Cherry picking is easiest...no penalty).

5 runs a week though, at most, per toon I run on. 3 solos (Manhiems, Funhouse, Starlabs, Wonderverse), 1 alert and 1 Raid.....never more. There are better ways to get source, prestige and gear once that omni checklist is done.

Of course this does not include feat runs (which I've done very little of post clamp)...of course if I wanted a feat, I'd endure the clamp as needed....it hasn't come up yet.
  20. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

Anything with more than activating a few consoles is an absolute no, after 10 years I just cannot be at the mercy of pugs