That fine line between hard and too hard

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saami, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Saami Loyal Player

Today i did newest raid with my tank with pug. THere was no tank so i had to change. I was ungeared, unmodded because i have been dpsing mostly lately. I had to use all my skills to survive.

I was at the edge of my skill level and finishing that raid without wiping felt so satisfying.

However im wondering what is others people´s opinion of challenging yet fun or satisfying experience in game. Is it pushing your skills to the limit or something else?
  2. zNot Loyal Player

tanking difficulty with how the new raid is designed is mostly determined by the group the difficulty isnt on the tank itself but mostly on other rolls.

If we look other raids good examples would be false idols elite,monsters of metal or darksides war factory is where the group couldnt carry the Tank(s).

So the current raid is decent id give this one 6/10 interms of tanking difficulty
    • Like x 1
  3. Saami Loyal Player

You are propably right. Im not young anymore and my reaction time and other things have take several hits.
    • Like x 1
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Thats absolutly understandable i mean you went in as backup Tank and still completed it with pugs well done!
    • Like x 2
  5. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

That’s how the content should be. No need for elite ****. You need to use your skill, figure out the mechanics, avoid the dying part, and teach the group. If you sit there and don’t have to try, then it too easy. If you start the fight and immediately take a knee, then it stupid hard beyond skill. Only one difficulty is required.
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Only one difficulty is NOT the way to go. You have players crying that the clamp is to hard. There was even someone saying that the hardest thing should be event versions. No matter how you cut it there will always be someone complaining. The different difficulties are for players who want harder/easier raids. If elite is to hard than just skip it. Some players want very hard content while others want easy mode. Why should one group decide what everyone else runs? Elite with varying difficulty levels helps the devs adjust for a larger player base.
    • Like x 3
  7. Requake Dedicated Player

I tried to mention this in a different thread, I got lynched.. But people claimed some feats would be impossible to obtain and they felt like stat clamp made it impossible for them :sadface:
    • Like x 1
  8. zNot Loyal Player

One difficulty? U remember paradox? It had no elite.. idk about, id say that 2 difficultys is needed
  9. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yep, this is the best solution. It's clear that too many resources are being wasted on elite content that not enough people run.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Do you have any data to prove people don’t run elite? Just because you don’t run it doesn’t mean others don’t. Whether you like it or not elite content is needed. Games need game modes that can hit different target audience to be successful. If you drive off the elite players than you tend to drive off some of the whales. And if you drive off the casual players than you drive off the bulk of the population. Your likes do not outweigh the likes of others no matter how much you believe they do.

Elite content is needed for the more hardcore players. And event/regular content is needed for the casual players. I disagreed with zNot that elite had to be extremely difficult. That was before they started adding varying difficulties. Now they can make the highest rank of elite as hard as they want while still having the lower elite for the less hardcore players. Now they can adjust elite to hit a larger target audience.
    • Like x 1
  11. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Lol of course I run it. That doesn't mean it's not a complete waste of resources.
  12. zNot Loyal Player

The only waste of ressources is elite duo and elite alert :)
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Nah. Look at Paradox or Nexus. Those are considered classics by many yet they only had one difficulty setting.

Elite content and elite gear was a mistake.
  14. zNot Loyal Player

Lol im fine with one difficulty if the difficulty is like paradox.. so u pretty much just saying remove reg because the paradox/nexus were harder then most elite raids..
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

16. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Solo e mad easy and alert e is fun tbh. Loving the new raid too.

The real difficulty in this game is maxing things without money. Got me in the broker buying rare alliance for cheap
    • Like x 1
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

What we're seeing is less content though. I run all elite and get that gear set out of the way first. However if the choice was two raids with one difficulty only vs one raid with elite options, I think most people would choose two raids.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But who benefits? Let’s say they do 2 raids with the difficulty of dox or old school fos2. Or dwf. Will the casuals be ok with that? Having 2 hard raids. Or will people cry that they are to hard and elitist skewed testing to gatekeep gear? Or will they make easy raids like ffr and fvr and have the hardcore players upset that the games being made easy for the casuals? Who wins and who loses?
  19. zNot Loyal Player

We started seeing less content as elite alert/duos/solos came a thing.. id say ep 42 the elite duo and elite alert combined are costing same ressource worth of 1 large raid not even counting the alerts/duo itself,the devs need to focus more on raids in general. 2 raids should always be in a episode,minimum.

Heck a duo takes same time to make as a raid?! I mean its a no brainer to me that a second or even third raid is always going to be better for the game then a duo and alert or solo i know only the devs have the numbers but thats what i think based on my 10 year experience of playing this game.
  20. Sentiency Well-Known Player

I agree. I think options for players that want to have fun in different ways that involve varying levels of difficulty is good for the overall health of the game and keeps people interested in the content.