Hmm, Isn't It About Time For A Producer's Letter...?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Jan 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

For me, it's been a point of confusion for years that messaging isn't more consistent or better from the team to the DCUO community-- an ongoing game needs ongoing communication and leaving players in the dark does nothing to encourage those on the fence as many seem to be at the moment.
    • Like x 2
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That everyone is expecting our regular ongoing constant transparent informative announcement-rich in-depth candid producer's letter feels good. Sorry it's not here! We expect to have one in January - we're buttoning up a few things and I want to be able to address the exploit with it behind us.

Thank you for the feedback on the DLCs. Everyone here is still working on this game. The team is growing. Have fun!
    • Like x 18
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I've been here for a decade, on this game. I can say that communication from the devs to the community has immensely improved over that time.

As for the last 4 dlc's, I'm not displeased: they keep bringing new content, even if some are re-skin city locations. It's effort, it production, and it's not always going to please everyone.
    • Like x 6
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Can you give us more details about the whole topic with „team is growing“ how much bigger or other information how will it impact episodes and so on in your next producers letter.
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

I love the game and looking forward to hear what's coming next. Wasn't able to play lately due to constant crashes\disconnects during loading screens that I hope today's downtime on EU will fix. I am not displeased fully with content, I did write down what I liked and didn't like in one of the threads here about Episode 42, but at the end of the day I still enjoy playing and running content with friends so this is all that matters. Keep up the good work Devs!
    • Like x 7
  6. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I see lots of good steps in the past 4 DLCs, elite duos and alerts and multi-level elite raids. As has been covered in other threads, cutting the elite raids down to 2 levels (1 and 5) is probably good enough. Even though I don't like allies much, having the non legendary allies be easy to level with source marks makes them available to everyone. Even though I don't have much time to play omnibus, I like it when I get the chance.
    Hopefully the dev team hears the positive feedback as well!
    • Like x 2
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

"talking to the community" primarily means "be subjected to a string of outrageous and often disgusting personal attacks and slanders," rather than bringing up issues of substance to be discussed in an adult and respectful manner.

That's just what happens in any live stream chat. Fact. Are there valid questions and comments from players? Sure. Do they drown out the pointless insults and libels? Nope.

So I can understand attempts to "talk to the community" outside of the forums as possibly being seen as less than ideal formats for conveying information about the near-future of the game.

I speak for nobody but myself, but I see Mepps and Charon and others constantly answering questions multiple times a week, most weeks, here on the forums. How anyone can say this isn't communicating, I have no idea.
    • Like x 9
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Since you have zero way of knowing what's going on beyond your imagination, stating your fantasies, positive or negative, and claiming that they're fact, is less than useful to anyone besides yourself.

"I'm telling you people" is not actual information. It's just your almost certainly incorrect speculation, at best.
    • Like x 5
  9. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

And your reasons didn't actually include the reason I am unhappiest, although it allured to it... The exploit!

But, then, the punishment of those who exploited - They got off lightly! - AGAIN!

The forum's were awash with people calling for stiff action (AKA bans) and a month after suspension the cheats get allowed back with atrifact resets - what a load of b****cks!

They'll have those arti's back up in no time.

IMHO it's a big F U to the honest folk in the game.

I haven't played since they announced the punishment, just logged in once or twice to get my daily rewards.

I've unsubbed and will play occasionally until my sub expires, but I can't support a game where they allow cheats to prosper, so no more cash injection from me.
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

What if their analytics contradict what a youtube video says?
    • Like x 1
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

If their artifacts were send back to 0 how long or how much money you reckon itll take to get it back to 200?
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

i just hate how threads like this start off so strong, then a green pops up and people start boot licking. i can tell by the way mepps wrote that post we arent getting any new animations this year
    • Like x 2
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's kind of a bummer to have requests for more consistent communication met with a sarcastic over-exaggeration of those requests :(
  14. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

people always bring up stats, where do these stats come from? can someone slide me a link?

also, when people bring up a growing number of new players, are these just people who download the game n play through the 1-30 then uninstall or are there published stats on player retention? i downloaded on my xbox, made a character and never played it again, was i counted as a new player for doing that?

we often get surveys. have they ever published any of the data gathered? if they have can someone send me the link? have they ever adressed the feedback from a survey publicly? im not saying that they haven't but i dont recall seeing it. well, besides the blue beetle suit
  15. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Sure, some might take a while, I reckon a sizeable proportion will be back to normal in no more than a week or 2. Money also might not be an object for some.

They will also likley have in-game resources to fall back on, such as various in-game currencies, catalyts or a full account of toons (yes I know many will have exploited on their alts too, those were probably perma-banned - I'm talking arti-resets only).

Some may have millions or billions in the bank to help. Some may have online friends / leagues to help them get there.

It's a wrist slap compared to full account ban. It's totally not enough punishment IMHO and it totally sends a weak message to those who cheat.

Ban and they start from square one if they want to come back.

How long or how much money would it take to restore a full compliment of toons to what they had at time of suspension (quests completed/SP/arti's/ally's/feats/etc, etc)?

That's what you should be asking.
  16. Eve YouTuber

Apparently people aren't allowed to comment and considered "Boot Licking" if it doesn't fit your narrative? kk.
    • Like x 6
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

And this is exactly the sort of disrespectful, abusive, insulting, remark that typifies the childish approach of too many gamers.

Thanks for providing the example.
    • Like x 6
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

You can pay for a CR skip, pay for artifacts, pay for ally favor. Whats really stopping them from being back at endgame within a week or 2 if even you admit.

Some players will opnely admit to having a perma banned account. but whats a ban to a Free to play game?
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The stats come from the actions we take. Click "Accept" on a mission? Data point. Cancel a queue through Omnibus? Data point. Travel to the House of Legends or any other location in the game? Data point. And so on and so forth.

The devs can see pretty much everything we do in the game, and in turn can use the data generated from our actions and decisions to help decide what directions they want to take the game. At the same time, there are avenues of communication like the forums and social media where information that might not show up in the data can be delivered.

They've got a lot of information they can work with, even though some of it can have a really bad signal-to-noise ratio.
    • Like x 1
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Sassy. ...But I like sassy so this is fine.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.