Hmm, Isn't It About Time For A Producer's Letter...?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Jan 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Super curious to hear about what's on the way :D
    • Like x 4
  2. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

This one is pretty delayed, possibly some interior conflicts / sense that the plans wont live up to expectations. This year, for me, has been quite a let down. And well, every year since water has been rather boring. The devs see that people like myself are getting restless, go look at the update to the forums guidelines if you dont believe me.

Blue beetle got pushed back
    Ps5 will probably get pushed back ( dcuo is the only reason i stayed w sony and didn’t get the new xbox)
    We probably wont see any new animations ( if you remember what i said last month, it still stands)

Well get a bunch of allies, which im not a fan of because now we have fully moved away from adding to our characters. Atleast some artifacts gave new animations.. as small as they were. I see the next dlc has arts, this year we might see about 6 arts but the allies will ratio. Again, we stray further from our actual character getting new animations.

I decided to sit out on the allies mechanic. I bounce between tank and troll, as long as i can debuff and pull adds i doubt ill need them. I do feel bad for the dps that think they need the newest most meta item, which if they’re “ comp” they likely will need. I chose to sit out on these, so yea i guess you can say im making myself bored. But to throw money out the window for 2second iconic hero animations…

Idk guys. Some of you will be more then happy to see my final message. Ive grown Pessimistic in my old age
    • Like x 2
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Lots of people are unhappy right now.

So it might be wise to wait a bit before making any king of announcements about future plans.

Why are people unhappy??
    Many reasons.

Some are unhappy since House of Legends.
    I saw it in my numbers as soon as I made my first House of Legends video.

With House of Legends people were unhappy with

The new Ally System.
    The new Daily Reward system and the removal of the Vault/Promehium Lockboxes/Stabilizer mission.
    and.....

The Clamp. Many many many were unhappy with the Clamp.
    I know that some are happy with the Clamp.... but I saw a lot more people unhappy with the Clamp.

So since House of Legends we had LOTs of unhappy people.
    Not to mention those who were already unhappy for a long time like those unhappy with PvP.

So we had LOTs of unhappy people.... so we needed a BIG WIN... heck not just a WIN but a HOME RUN with the next DLC.

And sadly.... we got Legion of Doom which had many issues......
    which...... I would say threw gasoline on the fire..... but that is not enough.
    It threw an Atom Bomb over an Inferno.

Heck the recent post about the Forum Guidelines illustrate that very well...
    People were not happy.... and were very vocal about not being happy.... and were very angry in their comments.

Sadly... at this point we need a HOME RUN to calm people down.
    Not just a WIN.... a HOME RUN.

The Christmas Seasonal was not it. It was not even a Win.
    It was... lacking with the new rewards we got this year.

The Anniversary Event... not really a Win either.
    Reused Posters and Reused Lexcorps styel?? not really something I would call a Win.

Although I did enjoy the Anniversary gifts and the new HoL Lair.... but I doubt that is enough.

But we will need a HOME RUN... and sadly..... the next DLC will be.... next April/May???
    That will be a loooooonnnnng time to wait for something new to make people happy once more.

So no real surprise if they are waiting a bit for things to calm down before making some sort of announcement.

Obviously.... they cannot wait for the next DLC.... but I would not be surprised if they wait a few more weeks before telling us about their plans for the future.

Guess we will have to wait and see.
    • Like x 7
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Hmm, that's an interesting take. I would think it's the opposite-- maybe the best way to deal with an unhappy base is to make some announcements that will make them happy and / or encourage them to stick around.
    • Like x 3
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It depends on what they do announce.

If they announce that the Blue Beetle style will be pushed back...... again. That will make NO ONE happy. Quite the opposite that will throw some more gasoline in the fire.

So they might be waiting for things to calm down a bit before possibly throwing more gasoline on the fire.

Unless they can announce...not just some good news.... but some GREAT news.... they might want to wait a bit.

If I was a betting man.... my guess is that they don't really have much in terms of good news for right now.

They may have some good news for the next DLC??? maybe??? but that is still months away.
    They may have some good news for the Graphic Update??? maybe?? but again that is months and months and months away.

We need good news.... Now...... not good news for something we may have in 6 months..... that may be pushed back again

Short of giving every one a Free Superman emblem and a Free Cosmic Chroma.... not sure what kind of good news might do the trick right now.

Guess we will have to wait and see.
    • Like x 2
  6. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I think the number 1 problem we have is one they have zero interest in fixing and that's the lack of communication. It's amazing that some game can do weekly livestreams talking to their community but DCUO can't even do anything like that monthly or bimonthly. I do believe that's were alot of the anger comes from the low amount of communication we get .
    • Like x 2
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I have league members who are hinging their future with DCUO on this producer’s letter. If there is no serious effort to address EEG elite clamping, then they are likely going on a break. Maybe they’ll return after a few months. Maybe they won’t. I don’t know.

What’s the issue? There seems to no longer be a point to playing. If your max gear can’t do elite in end game, then you’re done. There is no progression in EEG. So why even bother getting the max gear? Inevitably the question becomes - why play at all? It’s a road to nowhere.
    • Like x 7
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

People keep saying that everyone is so upset and leaving the game but every chart I see actually shows DCUO growing. If you look at the steam charts the steam player base has been the highest in a long time. Since April steam charted peak populations over 1k for 5 out of the last 9 months, 2 others over 900, and just 2 months under 800. And the 2 months with under 800 were not even the STU update. It was the last 2 months of flashpoint. By the numbers alone STU was very successful. If you look at the MMO population charts DCUO has been having increased subscribers every since month for the last few years. In fact the population of the game was pretty solid. December was the lowest population, in recent history. But we know exactly why that was. Even with the population drop it did not drop below average populations of past years.

Does DCUO has its issues? Definitely and quite a lot actually. But saying that your view counts were lower doesnt translate to the player base not being happy. Just today I was doing weekly bounty hunts for an alt and i ran into new player. Started playing 1 month ago. The person said they were really enjoying the game. Talked a little but the overall take was positive. Yes I know that was just 1 person. But that was the perspective of a new player with no biased opinions. A lot of people have issues separating their personal bias to see the facts of a game. According to some people, the game has been dying for years lol
    • Like x 3
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

DCUO devs have been one of the most transparent in any game I played. We had weekly livestreams for half a year and a 3-month schedule + episode releases in between.

This time though they havent talked much, but we just had a episode and holidays
    • Like x 2
  10. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Same. Panderus hasnt been active for the past 2 months and Charon said they were still looking at stuff for 43, so maybe that explains the lack of a producer letter/dev update.
    • Like x 2
  11. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I've played since the game came out in January 2011 and commutation has always been a problem . It's definitely gotten worse over the years to the point now if we do get a livestream it's not about talking to the community or answering questions it's about selling the latest capsule.
    • Like x 2
  12. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

No one seems to care, but the last 4 DLC’s have been half ***** garbage.

I’m telling you people, they are working on the Marvel Universe Online. We are getting whatever time they have left.
    • Like x 3
  13. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I think you might be right .
  14. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Two different teams and DCUO has/is hiring more people.
    • Like x 2
  15. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I understand they need to sell stuff to make money etc but to dedicate a hour for just Those things Lol.
    • Like x 1
  16. Apollonia Dedicated Player

The vacuum of silence is as bad as disappointing with poor releases. Players do need an announcement but it has to be something legitimately good and not platitudes or empty PR at this point. Platitudes will make things worse.

I'd say they need to announce plans for the upcoming year and those plans have to include things people want. Like new powers; and ones *most* players have been asking for too -- not just obscure or generic ones that 5 forum bros have been campaigning for or ones that the Devs felt would be interesting; just as an example. Something like that would instantly create positive buzz. Then it's just a matter of delivering.

Do I think that's realistic? No, not really. I don't really think anything can turn things around at this point tbh..
    • Like x 5
  17. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I feel like ever since the Glitchsperacy or is that Glitchergate? It's been a bit more quieter than usual especially on YouTube. Most of the more prominent DCUO YouTubers should've had more vids up but I'm noticing a serious decline. Hope that's not a sign of the times. I know some people say it was the holidays and covid blah blah but that was the same thing last year and things weren't this slow. It really feels the glitch fallout didn't start the end of the year to the new right and I'm dreading this is a very worrying symptom of this game's future. Hope it's not so, need some good news soon I think
    • Like x 1
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Just watching this thread like..
    [IMG]
    This tea hittin..
    • Like x 2
  19. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Tbh i think this is what the youtube community should b making vids about right now. Maybe daybreak will catch wind. Idk maybe allies are worth it to some of you, ive always found it real hard to understand the people that come on here and defend their use of recourses, but if people r saying that using man power on 2 second long batman pop ups is better use then giving us power reworks i just cannot fathom
    • Like x 2
  20. Kuno Loyal Player

I think we need something cool added, because it's been in a constant dissapointment for years.
    The last impresive thing they added to the game was Atlantis episode. I would love to have fun and be excited about the game again.
    We need the graphical updates for PS5, new animations, new powers to play with even if they only expand iconic powers but come on.
    Another cut and paste episode its not going to make it.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.