Can't Send Cash?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The 'way' of moving cash from 1 toon to another on the same account is by either A) enlisting a trusted friend by trading to him/her and then signing in on your alt to get the money or B) using the broker to 'move' money by listing something on Toon A that needs the money then buying on Toon B that HAS the money. Unfortunately this will cost you a 5% listing fee 'tax' to do.

Also, as villains cannot trade with heroes, method B is the only way to move cash between alts of the opposite faction.

And yes, many people have been asking for a shared cash feature or to have a 'cash' slot in the bank we can deposit and withdraw from on alts (this would be my preference). Neither has materialized in 2+ years of cash mailing being down.

And you can't move MOST drop gear in the bank. TC gear, Avatar Bombadier, and a few 'tradable' styles like Raven's hood or Robin's utility belt are tradable, but those are all pretty much early game gear... the exceptions being a few late game things like the flight ring in HQ. It is tradable and is late game CR gear.

And no....real life banks would have issues if you could not transfer money between linked accounts (like your kids are your 'alts')....but if in real life we had multiple trillions in counterfeit money added to the economy in a few short months...permanently breaking the economy....they might not.
    • Like x 1
  2. Star King Active Player

Wow. Seems like you to grind for everything on this game for every character then, unless you use real money, the feats and styles alone costs replay badges to unlock that you can't get in game without buying them from the market or subing.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Gear yes...can't really trade gear (unless you want to go the TC/Avatar route). Feats, yeah...replays are easier than re-grind, but a LOT of feats are semi-easy, so you don't need to unlock them all.

But yeah, no replays dropping in game. It's one of the things I'd LOVE to see added to the Dr Fate vendor....even if at a high price.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The exploits were fixed though. They first shutdown direct trading and the broker while they were working to fix the exploits. I think it was a few days after that is when they shutdown trading cash via mail because we all knew a cash wipe was coming. I'm sure several were clever enough to get ahead and hide their money, gold sellers for example. A couple weeks after that is when they implemented a partial cash wipe: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/economy-actions-taken-today.306336/

It was said they were keeping an eye on the economy and that there may be further actions taken but this was all right before the Covid pandemic. On at least one occasion that I can remember the subject has been brought up and it was communicated that the mail restriction would be lifted. This of course never happened. When the subject was brought up again the communication was that they were looking into a new method of transferring money between characters on the same account.

The main reason I think the mail option is still locked has to do with how gold sellers do business. Originally their service was done via mail only, probably because cash can't be traced through the in-game mail system and now gold sellers are forced do their business via direct trading.
    • Like x 3
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There were a few people on XB that were using the exact same exploits, this wasn't isolated to PS/PC servers.
    • Like x 2
  6. IcuyIcuy New Player

Tbh its been years and i think it's time we it back
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Do you know this for a fact? 'Cause I was around during the whole thing and the economy was not affected at all. Nor were there "duplicated" black and white neon chromas on the broker at any given time.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Why I love DCUO so is cash not simply just account bound like quarks?
    • Like x 4
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

If you think about it deeper, it wouldn't make sense because once you get the cash on another toon (even cross-faction), what's stopping you from spreading it elsewhere?
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Spreading it elsewhere how and why exactly? How is it any different than already going through the hurdle of trading it to an alt already? You can already get your cash to an alt if you really wanted too.

All the devs are doing is creating unnecessary road blocks that serve no purpose seemingly whatsoever other than to create an inconvenience that annoys their customer, so the real question, is, why?
    • Like x 1
  11. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Where else would you send that money? If cash was "account" bound like quarks, then only your toons could use it; you would not be able to trade, mail or donate it. All you could do is make purchases from the vendors and broker.

The issue with account bound cash is that you CANNOT send it to another character outside of your account by ANY means, just like quarks. That would send many players into a fiery stake and pitchfork frenzy on these forums. I'm not sure if the devs would be ready for that.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

No, I just meant it behaved like quarks in that it was account wide and visible and accessible to all and any character you logged in with.

It would still be entirely tradable to another player in the same way it already is.

This would be a far better experience for the player, because it means we could do trades and the like on any character on our account with greater ease, could use the broker with greater ease and just have better access when needing to buy things.
    • Like x 1
  13. myandria Item Storage

Ahh ok, my bad. I thought you meant account bound access only. I still agree with you, though; either that or have a cash storage slot in the shared bank option (or both) would be better than what we have now.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah for sure, it can be in the shared bank, I just figure making it account-wide access creates one less step for the customer, but either or is better than the mess we have :)
  15. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I prefer the shared bank idea but as Premiums now have unlimited cash, I guess either way works.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah true point I guess you'd still need to escrow it for the free players though.
  17. gofeezy New Player

In other games like Star Trek Online even cash can be placed in your shared bank. Never understood why they didnt do it here.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The exploit itself was old, only a few knew about it and they kept it to themselves. This evidently went on for years until one person told their friend and that friend told their friends and those friends told their friends... That's why our economy went out of whack almost overnight because multiple people became aware of the exploit and very indiscreetly abused it.

There were only a handful of people doing it on XB, more than likely at the start when XB servers first went live, so you wouldn't have noticed a major shift in prices like we did.

Edit: Even Mepps confirmed that the EU server and XB servers had been minimally impacted. That's why your server didn't undergo a cash wipe like we did.
    • Like x 1
  19. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Maybe, but gold sellers are around since ever and they dont sell with the same accounts they use to advertise ( for obvious reasons). I dont think the devs can trace or ban people for trading cash either (And gold sellers could still use the broker). I believe mail was just more convenient for them because of time zones and delays.

Anyway, the devs very likely know the reason its disabled, so our specutalion doesnt help much lol.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's how gold sellers are getting caught because direct trading leaves a trail. If a player is handing out multiple sums of money to multiple accounts that raises a red flag.