Omnibus is great!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ugh, I was out....but they sucked me back in....just for this reply, cause it's Proxy.

Please note. I'm not asking to change anything. I'm not going against any 'rules'. I think you are talking to the wrong person in this thread who is unhappy with the outcome of a change THEY wanted and is lobbying for further changes so it conforms to what THEY expect. If you are talking about my use of the word 'earning' please see my other reply where I explained that was sarcasm.

Ok....back out I go.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Who paid you to create and promote this thread? ;P
  3. Proxystar #Perception

For the avoidance of doubt obviously created by the wording of my prior post; when I say feats are easier, I'm saying they're easier than when they were first released. That is an indisputable, demonstrable, fact.

It seems some people are upset because they want them;

(a) even easier, and;
    (b) so easy they can random queue with randoms and just randomly pop every feat they ever need.

The only only way that can be achieved is by making it possible to just stomp the content and the only way that's possible is to remove the clamp.

Some people realize that the clamp is a healthier approach to the game and some people who want it removed are even trying to guilt those players into supporting its removal by suggesting they did something wrong by previously getting feats within the confines of an unclamped game that now no longer exists but did at the time they got their feats, it's pathetic and flawed logic

People need to move on, the game is now clamped, the clamp is clearly not going anywhere, continuing to wriggle around on the ground like a crying baby isn't going to make the situation any different.

The feats are easy enough clamped if you get a group of competent enough players together with that mutual goal in mind, it just requires the players who want it to stop crying, stop procrastinating (if the feat is what they want) and form a group without relying on other random people with other random motives (such as just wanting to get in and out) to assist with their feat hunting on every omnibus experience.
    • Like x 4
  4. Proxystar #Perception

It is easier than when the content was first released.

A feat is hardest to obtain when it is relevant content, it easier when you gear up in the next DLC, easier yet again with another DLC (at this period this no clamping).

When the content is eventually clamped it is even easier again.

When you are trying to obtain a difficult feat, that you're struggling to obtain when its new, the premise is always that you'll go back when its easier.

The question isn't whether they are 'easier' it's clearly "how easy should they become".

Previously some or most feats, where DPS didn't ironically undermine getting the feat through over damage, were super easy because there was no clamp - you could basically sleep walk to the feat eventually.

The clamp has prevented the extent of ease to which some people can now obtain feats, some people don't mind it and others are losing their minds about it, seemingly because they expect to be able to just queue omnibus with randoms and pop feats they still need.

The truth is also, people getting feats, especially the hardest ones, even in earlier relevancy periods are forming groups or running in leagues to get them, suddenly though when it goes clamped that expectation seems to change, not sure why, maybe it's because the anti-social lot don't want to go through the group forming process to get feats.
    • Like x 4
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Thank you.

I guess I should try a clamped instance for myself sometime, maybe I can get a feat I am missing. I do know I still have that feat for taking x number of rings from civilians at the Ferris Airport mission.
  6. Caroline Dedicated Player

While you think it's an assumption, I could say the same about you assuming that most of the players are unhappy with a certain thing. I still stand by my words, because I've talked with many players about it and just because you think it's incorrect, doesn't mean everybody else feels the same.

With that being said, I'm not looking to start more additional drama. Tiffany is correct, my intentions were pure and sometimes being positive and giving your gratitude towards the devs doesn't hurt. There's literally nothing else but complaints in this forum and sadly in this thread as well. So yeah, if Mepps closes it that'd be great.
    • Like x 3
  7. Murderotic New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Rawrrrrrr
    • Like x 2
  9. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Down kitty. Down...
    • Like x 2
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yeah the feats themselves are easier than when they were at level. But most aren’t easier than they have been for the last 7 years. Also getting a group, or que, for certain instances, is also harder now than ever. Admittedly, this was it issue before omnibus, but some instances are affected even worse now in my own experience. Some content has literally become a no go zone. Even when it does pop, people always decline
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't believe I ever said 'most'. The one time I said it to make a point...I also said I had no real reason to be able to make that 'most' statement as I also don't have any 'real' number. I can say 'many' (as I do know many...as do you) and generally say 'I' or 'me' (which I'm 100% sure of).
    • Like x 1
  12. DAnomalous Level 30

My only problem with omnibus so far is the players
    • Like x 1
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Out here in the Birds of Prey Raid, sweating it out.:p
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. fightfriend Active Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. Caroline Dedicated Player

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok...I said I was out, but y'all are carrying on without me....I feel left out.

I see you took advantage of the new '12+ person raid' party. I've gotten a lot of experience with that 'feature' of Omnis. Using 12+ people does make it better, guess that's why we see it so much.

Congrats on finishing Elite in under an hour though! Going to need to make that a feat for every raid now. I mean....it was Elite, right? I count 65 bodies at least....that's GOT to be Elite...right?

Whew....my 'snark' tank was overloaded....I had to post for health reasons.
    • Like x 3
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes....Omni solos are just fine.
    • Like x 1
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

A few people didn't want to stick it out, but those that stayed till we downed it, it was good spirits all around to see Oracle-bot drop when the group pulled came together and followed the mechanic lol

I was proud to not see most of the group willing to stick it out, where a few years earlier it wouldve been group disband after wipe #2
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You do you bro. I'm not there to drag people across the finish line, unless they are my friends/league. I'm happy you had fun turning a 20 min raid into a 1 hour schlep. If that floats your boat, more power to you, but I'll avoid CT via Omni still. That box and a few marks isn't worth an hour to me personally.
    • Like x 5
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

That ones challenging for pugs bc it requires abit more coordination then hitting square to win lol
    • Like x 1