Omnibus is great!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Jan 13, 2022.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

You want a achievement? In the games current format? Go to LFG and seek out a group. Just. like. everyone. else... Am i missing something?

Do you think i care about who agrees with me and who doesnt? I didnt come to this forum to join anyone echo chamber, i have a perspective as do you, but some don't want dissenting opinions to be allowed on this forum. Dont you ever forget, we are the vocal MINORITY. We don't speak for the general community, my perspective means just as much as your and yours is a good as mine. We can disagree and thats ok. But some forum users like Catastroflare and Yass Queen would love nothing more then to see me kicked off the platform for daring to not agree with them.

When you're on a forum expect a wide array of opinions some you may agree with some you may not, but dont ever use the like of players who only speak for themselves as a indication of whats good for the community as a whole.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I guess your threshold for what is 'bad' behavior is just way lower than mine. I see gold spammers, hackers, toxic chats, squatters....every day in game. All those are 'bad' as well, no? Maybe my priorities are messed up, but people 'opting out' of a run? Sure I suppose that's some level of 'bad'. Honestly as often as queues pop or done, I hardly notice. If you decided to 'be a tool' and do the terrible thing of NOT running a run you'd rather avoid (maybe you ran it 5x this week already), it would make no difference to me.

Since you are the arbiter of all things 'bad' for the game, *BAM* I hereby grant you the power to decide what should be worked on first. Here are your choices in no particular order:

Toxic chat
    Cheaters
    Omni Queue cherry pickers/Squatters
    Bugs/Exploits
    Gold Spammers/sellers
    Squatters (outside of Omni runs)

So please...decide for me which is worst so I know how to think. We can then together right the wrongs of DCUO and FINALLY get this game working right! Let's pick the right hill and die upon it TOGETHER!
    • Like x 1
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

ALL OF THEM.

They are all equally as important in managing to ensure the quality experience and enjoyment of the game.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Whats funny is you don't see anything wrong with the fact that there isn't 1 post in there regarding older content. Not 1. At almost any given time 'pre-41', at least on the hero side, you'd see SOME alert or raid shout for a feat run. Some of them were 'and then you can leave' for sure, yes...they were easier (in theory), but they were runnning....no one is running them now and you see this as a good thing. I see it as bad. Especially bad for the new players who need or want those feats.

EDIT: Added 'pre-41', forgot it.
    • Like x 3
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

They need a feat for a old instance? LFG for it. If i need a feat from a old instance, ill LFG for it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

But your are not on about all of them....nor is anyone else on that 'punishment' hill with you. Does that tell you something?

And you didn't prioritize for me, so I will continue to NOT feel the omni opt out is much of an issue, at least not as important as some of the other issues we have, sorry. You should have made it #1 and you'd have company on the hill with you.....missed opportunity if you ask me.

BTW...I'm done. We are WAAAAY off the topic now. I apologize to Caroline for my part in that as it was a nice post about thanking the devs. She likes Omni as do many others (not 'most' I still say...but I have no numbers either so I'll agree 'many') and I'm glad she and you can enjoy the game more now even if I don't agree with the changes. Keep after your 'punishment' system if you want, cause if anything makes a game more fun...it's punishments....I'm tapping out.
    [IMG]

Yes Regis....it is.
    • Like x 3
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Rein, its the same reason the US congress will never ban themselves from trading stocks, why would they want something implemented that would only inconvenience them from doing what they are already doing no matter how messed up or immoral it is?

How about we stop the jerks from being jerks!

Jerks:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. Grim931 Committed Player

"Im ok with having a choice, but its a choice they wouldn't like. So its not a choice at all to them."

This is the issue. You cannot impose a choice on anyone, you don't dictate what others can or cannot ask for. I could not care less about anything you said in that post regarding you or others, it's drama and has literally nothing to do with anything I said.

You still think that you have control over someone else's request. You do not. You can't say you'd allow something, it's not up to you to allow it or not. Ask for anything you want, I really don't care and it's perfectly fine to disagree. I said that in my post earlier, right? Or did we skim passed it when we started to see red?

What I am pointing out, is that you seem to think that you can impose restrictions on what others are asking. You literally don't have that kind of power here, and I don't know what gave you that impression.

Are you able to edit my post? Remove anything I say? No? Then maybe you don't have the kind of power you think you do. And that last little bit of yours was the definition of irony. Gave me a good laugh, thank you for that.

I'm regards to your LFG-only opinion, I've had plenty of groups fall apart just waiting to fully form when it was pre-clamp. I wouldn't even begin to try that route with this current system. All I'm saying is that it was clearly an option before to over gear and get feats, so having that as an option again makes sense. If it's doable without forming a group with me and a few friends/league members, why waste time a shouting for an hour or two when a few of us could just get it done and move on. It doesn't hurt anyone to have that option.

Also, sorry for going off topic to the OP. I do think that omni is a good addition, but it does need some work and improvements. There's really no incentive to me to even begin to waste my time with it, but I'm glad it is helping others.
    • Like x 4
  9. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

That's not it at all. But thanks for playing. ;)
    • Like x 2
  10. Omgilovesteak New Player

I'm new. I have not tried this yet :D
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

Are you reading what im saying? This is what i mean by cherry picking.

DId i not agree, Yes you should have a choice in the stat clamp. However what im not in favor of are player getting REWARDED for doing content in their sleep.
    • Like x 2
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It gets extremely tiresome seeing people trot out this tired canard that people want to one shot everything or do content with their eyes closed. It's been pointed out hundreds of times by now that many older feats still presented a very serious challenge, pre-clamp. No one was getting DWFE feats, SGE feats, CTE feats, FGSE feats with their eyes closed.

When people continually perpetuate this falsehood that what advocates for an unclamped OPTION want is everything on a silver platter it reveals that they're arguing in bad faith and can't be taken seriously.
    • Like x 6
  13. Grim931 Committed Player

Cherry picking from what exactly? Options that you provided? You've still failed to see the problem. You can't impose choices on people and that's what you seem to want to do. That's ok that you don't want it that way, but others do. They're not wrong for it, and they don't have to abide by your restrictions when asking for something.

They aren't asking you for permission.
    • Like x 4
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

It may be just me but if someone leaves sometimes due to connection issues and we are fighting Zod, I have the habit of allowing the instance to be open. This causes some issues. A lucky player can just enter the instance and not do anything (like me) and get full rewards. Another issue is that this can be seen as not contributing just because you happen to be lucky enough to enter when they are already at the last boss and almost defeating Zod.
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I wouldn’t feel badly about this at all. It wasn’t your fault the mission you qued up for put you into a nearly completed instance. You had no choice in the matter, and you did in good faith que up. If anyone said anything adverse to you about it, ignore them. They should know you can’t enter the combat zone once it has already started unless it is the Event version.

Graciously accept the rewards. You did nothing wrong.
    • Like x 1
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I shouldn’t feel bad but I can also understand other players who join at nearly the end of the instance because the instance was open. What I had a problem was players who are able to fight choose not to fight because they are to busy whining because a player is locked out and they believe that one player is leeching. Worry about yourself and do your part. Don’t just stop dpsing and complain in chat lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

You play by the rules at any given time, previously the old feats could be obtained unclamped and were easy, that what it was.

Rules changed, feats are still easier when you go in clamped, those are now the rules, play by the rules.

Rules change sometimes.
    • Like x 3
  18. Yaiba Committed Player

I wonder if spamming a specific content counts as playing omnibus, because if it's true, then it's actually "great", you get 10+ source marks for less than 5 minutes.
  19. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I haven’t tried to get any missing feats in now clamped content. When it is said that “feats are still easier”, is that in regards to the new / lower level players who are being scaled up in the content? Or is that in regards to end game players who go in clamped to +15CR with at small percentage of bleed from arts/augments?

Serious question, I’m not wanting to fan any flames of rage, just genuinely curious like the cat I am. :)
  20. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Some feats are definitely easier, a lot, probably most, aren’t though. And yes, players are forced to play in the environment the devs set for us. But I’m not going to sit here and pretend most of my SP didn’t come from stomping through unclamped content while telling people that unclamped feats should never be an option if the devs ever give us the choice.
    • Like x 3