Further Account Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Um. No.

They aren't "removing non glitch xp" so much as "allowing certain banned users to get their accounts back, despite having violated the terms of service, only with some bits missing due to their cheating."

It's not a case of the cheaters being unfairly punished, it's a case of Daybreak being EXTREMELY generous by allowing the players to return at all.

Because, let's face it, they could just leave the cheaters banned. The same money you are falsely claiming is being taken away by removing xp would be completely gone in every respect if they left the players banned. And Daybreak would be completely justified in doing it.

This is an extremely generous offer to some of the cheaters.

I hope they keep a flag on all those accounts, watching for suspicious behavior in the future, as well.

The fact that they are ONLY taking away xp from artifacts they used the cheat on is also generous. I'm not a nice person. I would have just removed all their artifacts completely, and just for good measure all their in-game currency, including source marks. But then, I'm mean and nasty. The devs are showing a great deal of mercy.
    • Like x 2
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Sorry for being rude .... but if you would avoid outright lies in your posts, then perhaps your vision of the situation could be taken into account ... otherwise it is not worth a penny, and there are suspicions that you are one of those who used this exploit...
    • Like x 2
  3. lanternspartan Level 30

We cheat in the game the moment we pay real world money to level items. It is just allowed because it benefits them. Pay to win mentality controls this game now. That is why the artifact leveling system is set up the way it is. Yet, no one pays attention to that. It is made to force us to pay to level. Then you have the in game players that demand 200 artifacts to be able to join groups. Which makes people feel the need to pay to level. Catalyst drops were removed. Vault was removed that gave high xp nth metal drops. Seals don't get dropped. You have to buy them from Constantine or the marketplace. This current artifact leveling system is broken
    • Like x 2
  4. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

I've never cared for the "pay to win" argument. It is a PvE game. You don't *need* high Arts to do anything.

I started playing on Switch a few days before Christmas. I have 180sp. With just 3x80, I'm able to Tank any normal (regular if US) Raids in the game. I've been doing all Bounties (except WV and Legion, obviously) in 10-15 mins since 150sp. Trans/Solar 120, Everyman 80, as Fire.

For dps, the Member gifts and out-of-season-2x XP means I already have Trans/Strat 160 and Solar 120.

The only money I have spent on Arts on Switch, was getting Stabs on Sale, and using just enough to get Quarks to buy Soder and Solar. Which I didn't *have* to, no one forced me. I could have made friends and/or joined a League sooner, have someone who was around when Kryptonians existed on Switch (via Account Bound Resugence), mad them make a dummy Toon just Replay Feats to get them, and trading whatever we would agree 10 RBs are worth.

It is a free game. People are free to say: "I've paid money to get Arts 200. I only want to play with others who make the same commitment." Just as you are free to decide wether you want to join or not.

Catalysts occasionally drop during Bonus Catalysts Week. Loot Locks have been REMOVED on Instanced Content below End-Game. What? You need 200 Arts to spam FoS3? o_O

Vault gave you 3000 xp per week + 200-400 daily. Toon Boound. Daily Rewards gives you just as much Account Bound. Yes, I agree that sucks, for those of us who used to play 3-6 Toons each day + all 30 through Vault once a week.

Seals. Finally. Are available. In Game. At a rate that, as a member, feels right. Not counting 2x Nth or 2x XP, my SoPs are breaking on 20-120 Arts as fast as I get the SoPs and feed the Arts.

I loved Artifacts before Episode 41. I *hate* almost everything about Episode 41. This current artifact leveling system is the best it has ever been, and very f2p friendly.
    • Like x 2
  5. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Gifts + bonus weeks + the daily rewards totally eliminates the P2W argument as long as you’re a member.

I agree seals in the fate vendor are one of the best additions made.
    • Like x 1
  6. metro2k Well-Known Player

I agree, finally a serious post

• Like x 1
  7. JeanGrey Active Player

Thank you guys so much for all the gifts! Having so much fun with this update. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. JeanGrey Active Player

I think having all their art experience go down to 0 is a worse punishment. I know it would be for me lmao.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You have zero clue what cheating even is. You are the one that’s incapable of leveling an artifact to 200 without spending. Others have done it multiple times. So this “it’s pay to win… blah blah blah” is ridiculous. If players have items reset to 0 because they used exploits than it’s a punishment. What’s the difference between that and getting perma banned? If you get perma banned than you lose those items. This was a compromise for those first time offenders. If you feel like cheating is needed to do something that plenty of people have done than it’s a sign of your character as a person and not the system.
    • Like x 6
  10. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

This is a really bad argument. It’s like saying it’s cheating when you pay for Battle Pass on Call of Duty as you get 2x XP for the season so it’s justifiable to exploit an in game glitch to get a free Battle pass.

90% of online games allow you to progress faster or benefit if you want to spend a few extra dollars. That does not justify actually cheating in a game lol. The game needs to keep the lights on so paying extra money to progress faster is an option that’s available. No content in the game is locked off due to artifacts so it’s a completely optional feature.

As others have already said, you do not need to pay money to have maxed artifacts. A lot of us have saved our nth metal for double xp events for literal years at a time. But even if everyone’s artifacts were 200 due to paying for it, that still wouldn’t be cheating and taking advantage of an exploit is cheating.

As for the real money being spent and lost due to exploiting - like I said previously y’all are lucky you’re getting your accounts back at all and Daybreak is completely within it’s rights to reset your glitched artifacts to zero. To be honest Daybreak is within it’s rights to really do whatever they want to your account. Read the TOS instead of just making up fake stories about how paying money to a game is a form of cheating lol.

It’s insane how many crazy rants I hear from cheaters about why it’s everyone’s fault but theirs that they cheated and why it wasn’t wrong. People need to grow up and take some responsibility for doing something stupid but seems like they’ll never learn since Daybreak is using kid gloves again.
    • Like x 2
  11. kabeq Well-Known Player

Can't believe it's been over a decade. Thank you for the gifts.
    Please keep on keeping on. Best game ever.
    • Like x 4
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’m a bit confused and not sure if it’s to do with this but it’s happened to me on one toon and 2 friends on one of their toons each. The weirder part for me is I only played for maybe an hour and then stopped playing for a week since everything was so screwed up. But yesterday, logged in and all my toons were fine and normal. One friends alt toon had his head augs reset to 0. He’s like damn, maybe I put something in I shouldn’t have. Ok whatever, we all have stacks upon stacks of food. So we’re running a few toons thru different things. We decided to alt run TSDE. He gets back on that toon. Everything is back to maxed. I’m on my troll alt which I had fed in last dlcs head augs. I’m assuming that’s still ok to do? Because I always buy every single head aug and feed them with my leftover food and then feed them into new ones next dlc. So my troll fed his 2 resto/ 2 prec/ 2 dom ones into his 2 new might ones. They were sitting at lvl11 breakthrough.

Got on him this morning, all down to 0. Fed them again and logged off cuz figuring it’s still all messed up? Really not sure what’s going on. Rest of my toons did the exact same thing and none of their head augs have changed and they’re all maxed out.
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Fixed that part for you. :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Irvynnge Loyal Player

a fair & reasonable response. the proper offenders get what they deserve, & the silly sods now know not to do it again. nice one, devs. & thankyou for the gifts. entirely unexpected & very very welcome. two jaded old thumbs up.
    • Like x 2
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

If I go to the convenience store, put a pack of gum on the counter, give the clerk a $5.00 bill, then grab the cash drawer and bolt out the door, only to get caught by being identified on CCTV, I can't then go after the store to get my $5 and pack of gum.
    • Like x 8
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

2022 seems like a good year for DCUO.
    • Like x 2
  17. Ryll Committed Player

Quite possibly the dumbest metaphor because you left out the final part. When you get caught do you get off scott free or do you go to jail for robbery.

They shouldn't reset the artifacts and let them back. They should be permabanned.
    • Like x 2
  18. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Not sure why that called for an insult, we're not disagreeing with each other. I was speaking to the person who claimed that DI was stealing from exploiters who may have bought mats. As far as I'm concerned, the gravity of the punishment is up to DI. If a permaban had happened I would be okay with that.
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Everything isn’t black and white. Not everyone abused to the same way. Some did it here and there through bad judgement. Others outright abused it and tried making dummy accounts to try and sell them. That’s why different laws have different levels of punishment for breaking them. Someone who stole a wallet wouldn’t get the same punishment as someone who killed someone. So yes his metaphors was good.

And for the record I have not been banned and never used the exploit. So no I’m not defending those returning. The punishment was fair. Those who used the exploit had the items that were affected reset to 0. That is a good punishment.
  20. Ryll Committed Player

I replied to you because you quoted me. If you look at the names they are the same. The gravity of the punishment is up to DI yes, but your metaphor is broken because the "$5" doesn't de-facto become property of the "convenience store." That is the issue I have with this situation. Not every artifact that was glitched started from 0 experience. IF those that used the glitch purchased stuff like catalysts or nth metal it is still considered theft.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.