Simple Question

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Star King, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Star King Active Player

Who here actually joined or rejoined this game because of the CW Arrowverse tv shows? I know it played a big part of my return. I can't wait till the day the CW app is allowed in Canada. I mean The Flash is one of my favorite shows. I liked Arrow, but he was a little too 'batty' for me. Lol
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Inb4 polls aren’t allowed. :D

Ewww, I hate it when a show blatantly couldn’t get the rights to Batman, so they turn Green Arrow into an edgelord to replace him.
    • Like x 1
  3. Star King Active Player

What's an Inb4?
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Polls are not allowed on the forums, so 9001BPM got inb4 (In before) the post gets locked up or deleted. But seeing as how this is not "really" a poll, our robotic overlord Mepps might grant you clemency and just rename the title of your post. ;)
  5. Eve YouTuber

Nope, I'm a DC fan in general and my friend introduced me to the game back at 2016 and I've been playing since then.
    Tho watching a DC movie or show does give me the excitement again to play now and then when I need it lol
    • Like x 1
  6. Star King Active Player

Why aren't they allowed? Is it a by-law of something?
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Forum rules. Don't know why...but we all signed up to follow them.
    • Like x 2
  8. Star King Active Player

Thank you. Had a look at the rules in the help section.
    If you read this Mepps, could you change the heading to, 'Reasons For Joining The Game'? Thanks in advance.
    • Like x 2
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I got in to the game because I've loved DC comics ( well comics, in general, but especially DC comics ) ever since I was a little kid sitting on the floor in me Uncle Don's house pawing through his old Captain Marvel & Batman & Green Lantern comics.

I was very ( very ) ill a whiles back, after a long & painful stay in hospital, & suffering from depression, & it was my brother who suggested that maybe I would like to try out an MMO to give me something to occupy my hands & mind. he knew that I was a big fan of the PS Final Fantasy games ( 7, 8, 10, especially 10 ), & thought that a game that involved that much running around & farming but never actually ended would be right up my street. I searched online for different free to play games, & found DCUO. 7 or 8 years later, something like that, here I still is.

as far as the CW shows go, I gave up on Arrow almost immediately ( didn't even finish the first season ). seriously, that ain't no Green Arrow, man. the Flash, I absolutely loved the first few seasons of, especially once they introduced Elongated Man into the mix, but, sadly, the quality's not been great these last couple of seasons ( haven't even bothered watching the current ones ). Supergirl was the same, a couple of great season's then rubbish. couldn't even watch the last season. Legends, was, briefly, glorious, but that lasted, again, about 2, maybe 3, seasons. the current & last season's are / were unwatchable. Batwoman was just awful from the word go. terrible terrible show.

right now, they got Stargirl, though, which, along with Doom Patrol, is probably the best live-action superhero anything out there.

you know what I miss? not a CW show, but, damn, was I gutted when they gave it the chop. Krypton, man. Krypton was awesome.
    • Like x 1