Further Account Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Are you absolutely certain someone didn't drop a few hundred bucks or more into the game to get their stuff up to 200? I mean, that's a pretty huge step on a limb to be making accusations.

Figure, the dev team has a record of what is what in the game, so I'm pretty sure they know who did, and didn't exploit. Thus, if you see someone with high artifacts at this point, chances are they did it legitimately.
    • Like x 3
  2. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Best news all day!

Thanks for taking this seriously.
    • Like x 2
  3. ELEAN0RA New Player

...Wait...what happened? ...What exploit? ...Might be a PC thing; (I'm playing DCUO on Playstation 4). o_O
  4. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Are the gifts account bound? Re: Seals
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Someone is looking for a loophole...
    • Like x 4
  6. Dene Devoted Player

"I was wrong but I hope I wasn't *that* much wrong" lol
    • Like x 2
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

Bit disappointed that the cheats were not permanently banned. I think they have got off lightly. But I’ll enjoy trolling a few of them over their crappy artifacts and augments over the next few weeks, so there is that.
    • Like x 5
  8. Ryll Committed Player

I think they got off lightly as well. I am still in favor of banning them all. If anything it will just be a speed bump in getting their artifacts back to max by the time the next double xp week comes around...if not sooner.
    • Like x 2
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

They are pretty much having to pay back to the game everything they "stole" + a bit more, it's like community service. I think they handled it the best way, most first time offenders will be able to pay and support the game again and people who tried to sell multiple cheated accounts or participated in other exploits are gone
    • Like x 2
  10. BumblingB I got better.

It affected every platform, including console and was easier to trigger with the consoles.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd love to have heard that all 800 were converted to permas, but it makes sense some of those were 'accidental' or someone who maybe made a 1 time error in judgement and get a 2nd chance. Thanks for taking into account that the ones that don't catch a perma also don't get to keep the ill-gotten gains (as some OTHER exploiters did on the last thing), which just might help send the message that maybe it's not worth taking the chance.

Hopefully some of the speedhackers and gold sellers get the message (but I'd wager not).

Also appreciate the gifts....very generous and always appreciated.
    • Like x 2
  12. C3alix Committed Player

I would have added a permanent dunce cap head piece that cannot be removed. And while in combat, it'll shoot out words like cheater, lol, and bad.
    • Like x 2
  13. Siramez Well-Known Player

i have my strategist card sitting at 1.74mil xp and i did not use the exploit, its the damn crit during 2xp! imagine reporting me because i went over the max xp, what a dumb move...
    • Like x 3
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I'm OK with this solution-- not only did exploiters miss some huge bonus weeks (doubled ally, Nth and Source, Artifact XP), but they're way behind on the newest episode, missed a big chunk of Season's Greedings, missed the best sale of the year, the launch of the Anniversary Event and they lose a lot of their fortification gains beyond just what was ill gotten. And they obviously miss the reward we all got for not exploiting. Stack all of that together and that's pretty rough. I hope they're serious when they say serial exploiters and very serious cases will get permmed though.
    • Like x 4
  15. lanternspartan Level 30

Yeah, I see that causing a problem. So, you are saying if people spent money to get their artifact to 160. Then used the glitch to get their artifact to 200, you are removing all their exp in that artifact and resetting it to zero? That wouldn't be an issue if this game was set up the right way for leveling artifacts but, it isn't. You have to pay to level. That means you are taking the money that person put into leveling the artifact, getting/buying catalysts to breakthrough, and buying seals to ensure breakthroughs. Real world money is not fake in game money. So, resetting that whole artifact of that person is you guys stealing that person's money. No matter what justification you use. So, if you guys do that you need to return their seals and catalysts they used for that artifact.
    • Like x 1
  16. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Would it be possible to get some stats on this?

For example, amount of artifacts exploited past 200, or amount of dummy characters or alts created?

I just really like stats…

Thanks again!!
    • Like x 2
  17. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

If people take issue with DI enforcing their Terms of Service, I'm sure DI wouldn't mind being dragged to court.
    • Like x 1
  18. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Smiling knowing my main and all 5 characters won't lose a thing. :)

Thanks guys nice job!! ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

This post right here is the perfect example of why another slap on the wrist isn’t enough. Daybreak decides to be lenient and allow the exploiters to keep their accounts and your response is to demand to be reimbursed for the kid glove penalties players brought on themselves.

Ban all the accounts and throw away the key because it’s just going to happen again and the exploiters are just going to blame it on everyone but themselves and act entitled about the entire situation to add insult to injury.
    • Like x 3
  20. lanternspartan Level 30

This is funny. This game is set up for pay to win which is why the artifact glitch even went wide spread. It is impossible to level an artifact to 200 just from grinding. You only get 10s and 100s nth metal exp drops. That accounts for nothing as far as leveling artifacts. Even with double exp months. Saying otherwise is just straight up lying. Yet, it isn't addressed or fixed. I actually got threatened to be banned from the forums by Mepps himself for even bringing up this topic. Which I thought the purpose of the forum is to help make the game better.

The artifact system is broke. It is pay to win. It creates an elitist attitude because groups want people with level 200 artifacts.

Seals for breakthroughs can only be acquired from the marketplace or loyalty vendor. And breakthroughs from 140 to 200 have low chances of breakthroughs. Yet, catalysts aren't drops and only acquired for source marks which makes the need for seals like Seals of Completion more important. Just so all those catalysts don't get wasted.

That is why the glitch got used by a lot. A glitch that only required grinded in game exp items to level artifacts. Which is something that should just get implemented.

This artifact leveling system does not equitable no does it promote equality. Not everyone can drop $300 to get their artifacts up to 200. And it isn't fair that people who did drop that money are chastising those that don't have 200 artifacts.

Nth metal for artifacts need way more 1000s, 3000s, and 12,500 xp drops. The 10s and 100s should be relegated for open world npc kills.

1000 nth metal xp drops should come from solo/duo bosses. 3000 nth metal xp drops should come from alert bosses.
    12,500 xp drops should come from raid bosses.

Each Solo/duo boss drops 30 1000 xp nth metal
    Each alert boss drops 20 3000 xp nth metal
    Each raid boss drops 10 12,500 xp drop
    Each elite version boss drops double those amounts.

That will increase Omnibus stat clamp play and provide a better leveling process for those who can't afford to drop hundreds of dollars on artifacts

And the 50% reduction for feeding one artifact into another needs to be removed. It is bad enough that catalysts and seals will still need to be used for breakthroughs of the new artifact. A 50% xp reduction from the old artifact on top of that is ridiculous. We shouldn't have to wait for double xp weeks to feed an old one into a new one. If that won't be changed than the new one shouldn't need to have breakthroughs from the xp feed into it from the old artifact.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.