Omnibus is great!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Yeah the Khandaq setting just seems to trigger headaches for me, due to lighting. The content isn't bad, and I actually enjoy RiT if I wear sunglasses or can count on a quick run, but not from omni.

I really like pugging HoH, I know it can be easy to get ignored or have people screw it up, but it seems like after a couple of wipes people start listening :D And I just really enjoy the raid.

And I don't have an issue with a 1-minute penalty, either. I'd still like to see a pop-up suggesting the proper method, though.

The pop-up should also mention or point to Custom Queue, good call. We disagree about 3-strikes though. See when that player declines and gets their 60 second penalty, the game seeks for another player to take their spot. I'm sorry that you have encountered a string a of repeating declines, but that only occurs when hardly anyone is using the omni queue, nor trying to fill holes in queued groups.

If it sometimes occurs that you get a stream of refusals, try queuing all your favorite instances from custom, then re-queuing omni. You can often get it recognize that you're now queued for specified content, and it will use omni fill that group. I have done this many times to good effect, try it out!
    • Like x 1
  2. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I was reading your Signature. Running no Healer for almost 6 months?? SMH. I feel for you friend as my role is still neglected to this day.

Two days ago, me and my Healer friend queued into the Doom Alert. Before we even got to the first pack of enemies, one of the 2 DPS immediately said, "No Troll". I didn't switch...both DPS left.

There's no reason an instance should be made to run without a certain role. In my opinion, group instances should be made with ALL ROLES in mind.

I LOVE KAHNDAQ for it's focus on Crowd Control. It gives my role (Controller Role) a purpose for existing in that raid.
    I LOVE the Legion of Doom Elite content for their focus on Crowd Control.

I'm hoping these instances are a sign of what's to come in future content.

Make every role matter. Give every role a purpose in all group content.
    • Like x 3
  3. L T Devoted Player

I think that's actually a very good idea.
    • Like x 2
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I know it must seem like I’m always calling you out at this point but it isn’t anything personal lol. I swear. But anyway, isn’t this the epitome of a double edged sword? Cuz chances are the more you punish people, the less they’ll use it. Wouldn’t it make more sense to set it up sort of like the Ui of the crafting? Basically each player could go thru all the content list and check off which ones they will absolutely not run? (Yeah, I’m aware that’s how the old menu works). This way, I’d que omnibus and inner sanctum and new Genesis would never pop so “I” would never wait out a timer or unque
    • Like x 4
  5. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I think that's a good idea.
    Sort of like the Random Menu in Super Smash Bros.'s stage selection. You can CHECK OFF which stages you DO NOT want in your random stage queue.
    • Like x 2
  6. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

I like the Omnibus for the weekly marks. Omnibus is great.
    • Like x 3
  7. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I like this idea, but also see it as double-edged. Perhaps limiting the numbers of how many you can opt-out on, e.g. 3 alerts and 4 raids or something like that. Otherwise I'm afraid we'd have nothing but FoS3, Doomsday, Happiness Home etc, which feels like it's at cross-purposes with omnibus.

I think there is a middle ground to be had, and you're on the right track with some level of opt-out. I'd want to see such a thing implemented very slowly at first, say 1 opt-out and see how it plays out and is received.

Overall, this is a very positive thread -- good job DCUO community -- look at us being constructive and shii- um, stuff. It's almost like we all play a team game together :D
    • Like x 2
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, exactly. Except unlike old menu, make it a “once and done” setup. Anything I check off stays off my willing to do list indefinitely vs old ui having to do it every single time. That’d be a great QoL addition imo
    • Like x 1
  9. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

A proper reminder is also a good idea to me.
    Pop-Up message could be cool.
    • Like x 1
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

Since the clamped instances all take longer now than they did previously, especially Elite content, and ESPECIALLY gathering feats in old Elite content, how do you suggest we punish you for being one of the bigger cheerleaders and wasting a LOT of people's time?
    • Like x 7
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Dang, called me out on that one haha. Yeah, it does seem to fall under the same doubled edge now that you say it. But yeah, you’re idea works too. Maybe 1 “hell no” per tier for each solo/ duo/ alert/ raid list. Cuz you are correct, I would 100% leave only those. Er, I mean others would. I sure wouldn’t. No way.
    • Like x 1
  12. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Random q is random. I was main Troll on PS. When I quit, we were doing RWn in 10mis if Tank and 3 dps. If it was Tank, 2 dps and me BTroll it was 7mins. I just hit Switch Role and swapped Solar & Strat for Rao & Claw. I only did half the damage of the dps, since I lost 10% Role Buff and 2 Arts. Rao gave us all 15% more dmg, Claw buffed us all 7% Might BUT I also got rid of -12% Roleless debuff.

The removal of Roleless (de)Buffs in Early-End-Game have made Trolls completely obsolete in those Alerts.
    • Like x 1
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im subjected the the same issues you are, so wouldn't that be "punishment" enough?
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

You get punished enough by doing duos with me.
  15. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

• Like x 3
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I'm happy you enjoy the Omnibus (I'm sure many do), please don't make assumptions. 'Most of us' seems like you have personal knowledge of A) the player base numbers and B) their inclinations as far as Omni is concerned.

Now if you want to say "I appreciate"....or "My friends and I"....or whatever...Go for it. Or if you want to just talk about your experiences like "I've run XYZ run and had a GREAT time" or something....totally warranted and valid.

Because for SOME, it's been not as great. I had a low alt I wanted to progress through the WOL2 checklist a week or 2 ago and needed LnW. Queue took 30+ min to pop (well 'finally' pop....it came up several times then people opted out), and when we got in...after several staffing changes, we ended up failing at WW/Carol enough that people voted to disband and I was left in there alone with no option to re-open. Now granted, getting in pre-omni would have taken 30+ min too (well, not for me...but as a general example), but once I'd gotten in, I'd have gotten it finished.

Again, that was MY experience (and for about 15 other people who came and went along the way), so I'm not making any assumptions there. But I still wouldn't be able to say 'most' people don't like it off that, even though SOME definitely didn't like it for that run with many opting out...walking out...or just plain disbanding what they drew vs completing it.

And ewww....Gotham Warehouse solo? Sorry, but that one still gets a hard pass every time. I ran that probably 100+ times trying to get the feats originally...and score the Mayan gear. The lion cubs, the gas as a flying toon and that redundant 9x last boss fight make it a hard nope for me. The whole run is just 'busy' work....I've got enough of that. But I'm glad you had fun in there....I really am.
    • Like x 2
  17. Hraesvelg Always Right

If we're getting this dada-esque in our perspectives, the people fishing for the instance they want are also wasting their time, so it's all a wash at this point.

I mean, you did get what you wanted in the end, so that's all that matters, I suppose...
    • Like x 2
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Not at all, dont mind.

You get it, the more players try and game the system and fish for queue after the 2-3 declines. The system SHOULD punish you for trying to game it. The more people are trying to game the system the less incentive that have to use it. If youre playing the game through normal means and are an average player who isn't super picky, wouldn't notice the penalty. However those who've grown accustomed to trying to game it, is going to notice it quickly, and deter them from queuing random to try and game it.

I do like the idea of a "avoid slot" or 3. That you could choose to avoid, on top of the 2 queue declines players would be allowed. However i think that, the game would need a "Satchel of Exotic Mysteries" to entice players to do the instances that tend to avoided most often.

But the one question that the players who don't want penalties will be able to answer me.

Is what deterrent does this game have for any degree of bad/rude behavior? And i don't mean a 1 minute penalty....

I want to know why do some people feel so strongly against bad behavior being deterred?
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ah yes....the eventual 'the system is working so great, let's add penalties to it when the 'rewards' are not enough to make people run old content'...message. I wondered when that would show up. You know all you'd end up with is going IN the run, then people walking out or 'accidentally' DC'ing, right? Oh wait...I forgot, people getting disconnected get punished too....'screw the PS players', right? OR, people would pre-form 8 man groups, run their 1 omni raid of their choice and you'd be back in there all alone again. Not sure why we'd need a punishment added when 'most' people love it...right? It is 'MOST'....isn't it?

And why all the dropping friends? They wouldn't run omnis?:(
    • Like x 5
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Youve had the game un-clamped and free to do whatever you wanted for 10 years. Youve dealt with the clamp for...5 months?
    • Like x 1