Omnibus is great!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Jan 13, 2022.

1. L T Devoted Player

I like Omnibus in general. I think the clamp needs tweaking-- both up and down-- in various instances. Pengbot Maximus is super easy now; that's just plain wrong. The rewards are great-- the big influx of marks plus the loot box with a chance at a super rare collection makes things worth it for me.

That having been said, there are still instances that pop to which I find myself saying "with a pug group? oh hell no!".
    • Like x 6
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its your right to do so.
    • Like x 1
  3. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I enjoy it and it can be improved for sure but I definitely like it .
    • Like x 3
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

I do, and the only thing i want is a penalty for declining a 3rd random queue. BTW, they were different instance, someone was queue fishing in RANDOM omnibus.
  5. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Agreed.
    • Like x 2
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I love it for running FoS 3 or Doomsday once a week. I just keep declining until those come up, the op collections are a great touch!
    • Like x 3
  7. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

*sigh* I thought you were gonna say something else, but I know how that feels 100%...
  8. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I also appreciate everything the DCUO Team does.

I'm sure they try their very best everyday to give us the best gaming experience possible. I have no doubt that if it were in their power to do so, they would give everyone exactly what they wanted today, but there's no way of knowing everything that goes on behind the scenes. I will continue to humbly take whatever they can give us when they are able to give it.

Thank you DCUO Team for all your hard work over the years.
    Thank you for what we currently have in the present. I'm still loving Omnibus. Most importantly...I'm still loving this game.
    Thank you for what's to come in the future.

I'm still hoping some of those items in my Signature aren't too far off. ;)
    • Like x 6
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Why are you avoiding the substance? Im offering a solution to the queue fishing, and you dont like it. So you think im all punishment and penalty when you have a community that could care less how their actions impact their fellow players.

I used to go to school in NY. There was a bus that tons of people hopped in the back of and shirked their fare (including me). It was bad, the bus driver couldnt do anything about it. Until 1 day i noticed a police car was waiting behind the bus. That day i made the choice to go through the front of the bus and let the driver know i lost my student pass (which i did) and he let me on.

Everyone else who "hopped the bus" was pointed out by the cops, dragged off the bus and fined. For them breaking the law but as well as make an example of these people to prevent others from following their lead. Since then i haven't thought hopping the bus was worth a $100 fine for a $3 fare. Its a deterrence, it wont stop everyone (ill occasionally hop the train, but not the bus). But itll cut down on the undesired behavior.
    • Like x 1
  10. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Sorry if this is too much of a derail, but which instances do you Auto-Decline? for me, it's Brainiac's Bottle Ship, Clocktower, and Khandaq. Khan and ClockTower often give me headaches due to lighting issues in Khan and flashing in Clock, add on mechanics that can prolong those effects and I have to "nope". Brainiac's is the only one where the mechanic synchronization can just be too painful for me.

I adore everything from Amazon Fury 2, even though I initially thought those would be rough. NGN, and oldies like Batcave can be a little long if I don't have a ton of time, but they're pretty cool if you can just play 'em. Absolutely loved running some classics lately, with Gates of Tarterus being a total romp, and Fire and Brimstone posing a decent challenge!

Alert-wise, I only refuse Rip in Time, for lighting reasons, everything else is pretty cool. Had a freakin blast teaching some nice people in Silent School the other day, and watching them each get like 150 feat pts in the run was a good feeling.

What instances do you guys say "no!" to, and which are "hell yeah!"? (I cheer for Halls of Hades, myself)

==================================================

As far as punishing players for refusing a queue, I'd much rather see a pop-up that says "Looking for a particular instance? Try /LFG chat, and form your own group!"

I know that for me it can be a time issue maybe I have 30-40 minutes, but not 60-75, for example. And while I'm not claiming that there are some vast hidden numbers of players who share this view, I have definitely heard a few folks express being cautious or worried about going into instances they've never done and being "the weak link". (again, not claiming "most of us" or anything, just like, some people find it daunting, is all.)
    • Like x 5
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I also like omnibus because chances are I wouldn’t touch a specific instance and if Omnibus did that for me well I have to respect it and who knows I might end up getting some feats which is always a plus. After I do my dailies, weekly missions and don’t want to hunt for source marks I’ll just do omnibus. If I end up getting New Genesis again well FKME LMAO I’ll still do it because mama didn’t raise no quitter but now I know how things can turn out in a pugg group.
    • Like x 3
  12. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I love Omnibus, I just wish the Phantom Zone alert gave us specific roles instead of grouping up 4 random players without considering their powers....
    I always reject Phantom Zone cause either everyone wants to dps or everyone has powers from the same role.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Omnibus and the clamp are meh at best to me. I don't hate it, but I also I don't quite like it, would prefer if it was optional. I think I would have much more anti-clamp feelings if I did not have strong characters to begin with.

It really depends on what character I'm playing as and my mood at the time.

If I'm on my main or one of my tanks, I'll pretty much accept anything except Phantom Zone (sick of it popping every time).

If I'm on one of my "B team" alts I'm much more inclined to reject instances that may be too long or that aren't "noob proof". Subconstruct, Clocktower and the alerts that have us go to the open world come to mind.
    • Like x 1
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That was my dilemma, everyone just ques in as DPS. It’s super annoying, you know sometimes I’m tired of playing a tank I just want to relax and not be the center of attention and as soon as I switch to DPS role and try to que into an instance, everyone and their grandma is also a DPS. I qued for Omnibus one time. I had switched to DPS role but Omnibus still had me as a tank despite me manually switching to DPS. When I entered the raid everyone was pretty much DPS.

It was the funniest thing ever, but when I’m a tank, everything else goes fine and smooth. Sigh….
    • Like x 1
  15. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

100% this

Some of you might enjoy waiting over an hour for an older raid to finally get enough people in it. Well, I guess I value my time differently (better).
    • Like x 2
  16. L T Devoted Player

Clocktower and BBS are definitely among my top "Oh HELL NO!!!" reactions.

Khandaq I'll give 5 minutes to. 3-4 people can clear the water keepers if they work together well.

They're my favorite raids. The absolute pinnacle of DCUO content. Not pugging them. "stop killing the adds!" "stop annoying the forge spirit" "you can't kill the dog, that's the point". Pretty sure I'm not the only one who's typed those phrases or shouted them on voice chat, and I'm relatively certain I'm not the only one who's been ignored.
    Oh hell no. Especially if I'm tanking and have to depend on someone to occasionally lunge the first boss. And not continuously summon hordes of adds.
    I've actually gotten tired of Gates popping all the time! But yeah I've also had fun running some instances I haven't been through in a while.
    RiT is actually doable with a pug group as long as you have a decent healer. Gotten that a couple of times. The only alerts that trigger a hard "no" from me are Asylum and Strykers-- they're just too too long.

I think the reason for this is so that players don't reject a piece of content and then get immediately invited into it. 1 minute really isn't much of a punishment.
    • Like x 2
  17. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

Can't you just take off your gear and "clamp" yourself? Smh
    • Like x 5
  18. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

I couldn't agree more!
    • Like x 1
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

You have custom queue.

You should have up to 2 chances you decline what you don't like, but players clicking random and fishing for specific instances should be deterred by a penalty.
    • Like x 1
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Had 11 years of that, didn't work out. When it requires the cooperation of 7 typically random players to also do the same. And the likelihood of that is basically nil.
    • Like x 1