Omnibus is great!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Jan 13, 2022.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Some content is pretty close to impossible to a lot of us. Making a group doesn’t always work.
    • Like x 2
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Then that is a feat that will remain outside your reach until you can rise to meet it.
    • Like x 3
  3. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

That's how I remember things going before stat sync was ever a thing. LFG for [x feats] going on for minutes at a time.

Did people stop looking for feat groups at some point in time over the last 5 years?

And I like the Omnibus, but I would like it more if it didn't feel like Alerts defaulted to Phantom Zone 9/10 times and Raids didn't end up with New Genesis Now the same number of times.

When I first read about it coming back, I was thinking I would be seeing like Bludhaven, Seeds of Rot, Khandaq, and the Batcave raids. Not NGN, HH, HoH, GoT, and PZ almost exclusively.
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh, right. Silly me. If only I’d thought of trying that.
    • Like x 5
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

Because as much as people hate it, there needs to be punishment added for players queue fishing and chain declining.
    [IMG]
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

you on drugs, bruv? where exactly do I "literally" say that "everyone has an opinion?" the only time I even mention opinion is to point out that Solo will not accept any opinion that doesn't allign with his own ( " whereas you are completely & utterly opposed to any dissenting opinion & choice on the matter " ). how did you get "everyone has an opinion" out of that? also, arrogant dismissal ( "lol just go to sleep" ), on top of making sh*t up is not a great look.

civility costs nothing. if you disagree with me, that's cool. but don't be a dick about it.
    • Like x 5
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Ummm…. Wouldn’t that mean “most of us” would choose unclamped content since that’s clearly the path of least resistance? (I still don’t care because I don’t run old content)
    • Like x 6
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

There tend to be three groups of people (this tends to be true no matter the product), some people who like Omnibus, some people who don’t, some who are completely indifferent to it. This is true of everything. Some like vanilla ice cream others like chocolate ice cream (which is pure bliss, the most purrfect of all flavors), and some who don’t like either flavor or ice cream in general at all.

Omnibus serves it’s purpose and it is optional. I personally don’t use it but I’m happy for those who do and I hope they get both enjoyment and satisfaction from it.

Omnibus shows that the development team is willing to try new, different things to spice up our gaming life within DCUO.
    • Like x 4
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

It applies to us all, so whats the issue?
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Yes.

Its human nature
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Do autism and Dyspraxia apply to us all, as well?
    • Like x 2
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

I apologize, but i cannot account for every disability or or unique case. It you cannot obtain the feat for whatever reason, then you will have to go without it.

You are not entitled to obtaining the feat. But you have access to it.
    • Like x 2
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

that's all you ever go on about, mate, isn't it? punishing people. imposing penalties on people. forcing people. if they don't like it, f*ck them. man, you're a piece of work. . .

I see you.
    • Like x 8
  14. L T Devoted Player

Not for nothing, but that's why it's a feat. Some feats are easy -- buy an emblem from the broker-- others are intended to be challenging. Keep at it. Pay attention to what's causing you to fail. You'll get it eventually.
    • Like x 3
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Then apologies also, but I will continue to be anti-clamp despite preferring the game with it 99% of the time.
    • Like x 2
  16. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

So how does autism come into the conversation exactly? Let me hear your reasoning here.
    • Like x 1
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Do you see nothing wrong with the screenshot, or is me wanting to not deal with whats happening in the screenshot a bigger problem?

Is me having to waste my kick on a DPS who queue up as tank to jump the line not a problem to you?

Is me wait for a replacement Tank, because the tank zoned in, looked around and immediately left inconveniencing the 7 others who could've been doing other things while they've waited for a player who would've actually started the run.

You guys are abit too comfortable allowing players to inconvenience other players with no repercussions and im saying.

If you want to waste other peoples time, you should have your own time wasted as a penalty.
    • Like x 2
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Finding a good, stable league is pretty difficult when your social skills aren’t up to par. :(
  19. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I find omnibus can be fun when you're in the mood. If you've logged on to face an elite challenge, chase a feat or finish that collection -- don't do omnibus, it will feel sloggy and like a mandated struggle.

BUT

If you feel like nostalgia, teaching, or just rolling the dice for a little surprise, it's very rewarding and fun. I must agree that the reward boxes containing OP collections is pretty awesome, and makes a much better incentive for me than do source marks.

IF

You feel like it's mandatory for the rewards, then I will re-iterate my suggestion that you get 1-2 friends or people from LFG who play support roles. If you bring the roles and knowledge in your group, it will be easy peasy, quick and cheesy.
    • Like x 5
  20. Irvynnge Loyal Player

you wanted this, you deal with it.
    • Like x 2