Omnibus is great!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Caroline Dedicated Player

While it's not perfect, I still quite enjoy Omnibus. Going back in old content brings memories and it's like a breath of fresh air in today's (sometimes) tedious and repetitive gameplay. Not saying that the content sucks, it's definitely the other way around, but the constant running of dailies takes a toll.

Yesterday I spent 20 minutes in Gotham University Warehouse and I honestly loved every single minute of it. Once I got in, I realized that I hadn't done that solo in years and was so lost, lol.

I immediately remembered a moment of the very first year I started playing this game, my gear got so broken to the point of losing the ability of using my weapon, so I was throwing hits at enemies and quickly getting one shotted by them.

I didn't know how to repair for 2 days straight, so I kept walking around with 0% durability gear, crying to everyone about how it's the game's fault. :D

So yeah, sometimes I do enjoy a good struggle. Even the raids that I queue in through Omnibus happen to put me in groups with players who don't know what to do and that's totally fine, because the moment you realize you were once in their spot, the memories hit back and the willingness to go through it with them kicks in.

And that's not even the end of it, the rewards we receive are pretty nice, too. Source marks always come in handy and picking our reward from the box is way better than it used to be.

With that being said - Devs, despite all the negative feedback you receive towards anything and everything, just know that most of us appreciate everything you do for this game and Omnibus is definitely a pretty cool addition to it.
    • Like x 30
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

" most of us? "

ok. ).
    • Like x 4
  3. Caroline Dedicated Player

That's right. ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

ok.
    • Like x 2
  5. IcuyIcuy New Player

yea omnibus is pretty cool when ur bored u can spam it on alts
  6. RoomyFox New Player

yasssssssssssssss
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im right there with you, made the game enjoyable again for me.
    Ive firmly stood by that statement since 2013. And because of their more player friendly approach they've taken to the subscription model as well as the stat clamp, turning what i felt turned into a more interesting glorified chat room back into a engaging game. My views has changed somewhat. Still isn't perfect, but in a much better state then it has been for years to me.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

We chat all the time :p
    • Like x 1
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Out here in the HoL:
    [IMG]
    :D
    • Like x 1
  10. zNot Loyal Player

Agreed i started playing with a alt and its very fun with omnius!
    • Like x 3
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

& there's your "most of us." expect his three mates to come a-running any moment now. ).

no offense intended, Solo, mate, ( while I might disagree with you on this particular issue, I certainly do not regard it as any reason to fall out with anyone over ) but your running in & trilling, " it's awesomeness! & anyone who thinks it isn't is a big ol' poopy head! " has become about as inevitable as a pimple on a pig's bum. . .
    • Like x 6
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

Had this been a "i hate the stat clamp" thread. You'd see the same people coming in and saying "its the worst thing since Twitter". Besides, i understand why people may not like it. But i believe its the best course of action the game has taken in years and its long overdue.

When i gave this game tons of flak over the years, some people tried to shut me down, now im praising it. Some people want to shut me up:confused:
    • Like x 2
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, no. big difference. almost everyone who hates the stat clamp is perfectly happy for it to remain, so long as it is optional. whereas you are completely & utterly opposed to any dissenting opinion & choice on the matter. largely, I suspect, because you know full well that if it were optional, no one would avail themselves of it.

but it's cool, mate. I'm not rowing with you.
    • Like x 7
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

On how many things have the developers capitulated to? And yet still players say its not enough short of de-fanging the stat clamp?

You have Source Marks in endgame now...
    You have got your increase in CR from +10 to +15
    You have rare styles spread all across the instances
    All content is now relevant.
    [IMG]

What more do you want, shy of the ability to gain marks/feats in un-clamped content?

Sure they can make a unclamped version. But most of you wont run it if the relevant rewards were stripped out.
    • Like x 6
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

& there's that "most of" thing again.

glad to know you & the OP are here to tell us what "most of" us want. ).
    • Like x 7
  16. Murderotic New Player

you literally said that everyone has an opinion yet u still talkin' lol just go to sleep
    • Like x 1
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

If most of the human race were asked, do we wanna work our 9 to 5 jobs, or live a life of comfort and relaxation? Most of us would choose the latter.

Its nature, nothing wrong with that. But its in our very nature to want to choose the path of least resistance.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Omnibus is great until you get stuck in old raids for hours while people come and go and fail over and over because people can't read.
    • Like x 3
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ok what about feats but no marks?
    • Like x 1
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Cant you create a LFG feat group if you want a feat?