What do you think of the new DLC?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aetrius, Jan 10, 2022.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Not sure I understand. The DLC not being completely done, maybe, but the ranks to the OP item, Augments, and the really expensive plans would have been decided earlier on. Plus, Charon mentioned they are working on seasonal and other house keeping for this year. Which I take it as get that out of the way then do more with episodes. Who knows.
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

Less expected income from allies could be partially made up with more opportunities to buy seals/catalysts.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

That would only matter with augments, you can't buy the catalysts for the OP item nor can you buy the 42.4 plans. Most of this stuff is decided before launch by a bit with only some fine tuning right at the end.
    • Like x 1
  4. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

You see well my problem is with how there managing the contents of a episode they keep changing things and cutting out things and its never a full experience. There always cuting corners idk what it is they seem to be understaffed and don't have a clear direction on how content should be made with any kind innovation or improvement its really mediocre to say the least this feeling has started poping up since World of Flashpoint to present

Alot of talk coming from them lately with nothing actually good to show for it & supposedly soon were gonna see the biggest addition to the game ill believe it when I see it so far everything has been disappointing. Overall I don't like the direction of things at present idk if there holding off on something or what its getting uninteresting
    • Like x 3
  5. Chewsy Well-Known Player

Literally all of this. The raid is okay I guess in Elite+ (still not a fan of the random no-orbs/no-supply drop rules and super tanky 1shotting adds in every fight), but normal is just kinda boring. I'm not sure if I like this trend of normal raids being super easy baby mode and then elite being really hard, especially when elite+ is a thing now. We have an event version, too!

The story doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. The boss character choices feel really random and not relevant to anything Legion of Doom-y, especially the Alert and Raid. It's a Legion of Doom DLC and we're fighting Superman and Lois Lane? At least World Forger and Anti-Monitor kind of make sense with the whole Perpetua thing.
    • Like x 2
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I just like it for the better gear to tackle those Elite feats from the last few episodes lol
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You can't saying something has had corners cut without explaining what these corners have been. Where did they cut corners?
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I would copy and paste a post i made recently, but it is an old issue and somehow not relevant to current content? Ongoing issues with gameplay are not current content, is what I've been told.
    Acrobatic movement, grapple... oh nevermind. It's as effective as Role Optional Alert setting.

the content, is more of the same. Not bad. Like Central city.
    I'm seeing this as Marvel Heroes more and more each day. when I played marvel heroes just before it was taken offline, i got tips from this dude for endgame because i had no idea what systems they were using in the game.

making a build in New World is such BS with so many variables to loot being useless (light, medium, heavy, +tons of stat combinations and perks/so much useless loot). Much less rewarding than Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning, where you'd parked an alt outside the dungeon, run the alt in the dungeon to collect the useful loot. That was a nice compromise to all loot from dungeons was not tradable.

meanwhile, instanced content with repeated maps. Not using randomly generated maps from tiles. Marvel Heroes did and DCUO does.
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

Acrobat movement is fine for me(I use PS controller)…but grapple does have issues when surfaces aren’t entirely flat/even…it’ll “catch”
    • Like x 1
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Copy and pasting is one ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I grapple and be pulled for a sec, it releases, catches again and releases, repeatedly. Am I grappling or not? it's a straight forward question that the game does not compute and present in a I'm in the game environment at all sort of way. I'm a glitch in the system. If the Grapple movement is granted "YES" then do it. What is with the periodic "NO" result?
    [IMG]

glide.... through mechanical means like a plane....
    I think i should be able to control the elevation of my character. ...in a more precise button pressing manor. I tap, it goes along the elevation I currently am. Not elevate to a random height. Up and down buttons become usefull after it settles on where i'm elevated at. (I hold the PS3 responsible)
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I hold the PS3 responsible for everything.
    Acrobatic elevation, is so random when u jump into it.
    Can we get a stay at your jump elevation height as a base, off the ground, then hold up and down for adjustments? Instead of randomly elevating to 4 jump heights from the beginning? It Shirley seems like tiered levels of elevation instead of hold button for result of precision of height. Making me think of PS3 again. It was baked in for PS3, u all get their cake of code. They were SOE after all. Management might have made it less alt platform friendly on purpose. SOE was sold, bada boom. I thought Shirley, the game would not last much longer.

DCUO launched and then the data breach for SOE happened.... suspects???? Daybreak???? :p:rolleyes:

They caught nobody for that, right???????

/shrug. I've been watching lately...
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Funny, I don’t remember running any of those instances in the past. You must have a funny definition of copy and paste
  14. Eve YouTuber

Ok. This is not my favorite DLC and I am being honest. I don't hate it, but don't favorite it either. I think the open world is lacking and could use more missions and love and things to do. The Duo is perfect, I love the duo and kudos to the team for the duo, the elite version is fantastic too.

I love the alert, I enjoy the challenge a lot and was happy to see the Devs receiving my feedback and putting it into the alert (Regards the presents and such) I can definitely say the alert is my all time favorite alert.

Raid: I love that we have 4 bosses. The more the merrier lol but I wish we had two raids instead of one and I hope we get to explore the Sixth Dimension more, there is a WHOLE storyline focused just on that. Mechanics are neat, thanks for not making the raid super easy on regular, it should be somewhat challenging and completable compare to elite and event. I do want to note that I was confused with the last minute change to the orbital mechanic as I was not aware on it when I tested it on test and it made it to live - didn't see it in the patch notes so I was really confused. But I understood pretty quick.

Overall,
    I rate this episode 5/10. It's not bad but not the best either. It focused too much on heroes again in a villain episode which irritates me.
    Refreshers were great, mostly Cheetah, she looks fantastic, and Martian Manhunter. Gear is great too, finally proper Martian Manhunter gear :D No more having to make up a cosplay for him lol. Either way Devs and Community, I still support the game with all my heart but wanted to be honest and respectful here. :)
    • Like x 1
  15. LightningEl_ Level 30

The open world design was atrocious

Very plain and bland no world building as usual

Story makes no sense

Things are starting to feel repetitive without good story and world building

As for the duo/alert/raid its alright nothing impressive though. There should had been 2 raids regardless to change up scenery & I wish they would bring back the boss chains it was fun seeing all of those players and having something to do while waiting for stuff. I really don't like whenever they add something innovative they just remove it from being a staple in every episode

There going in circles on the same crap with no incremental improvement to the game. The game is not improving just stagnated in my opinion getting really boring

They need to improve there craft we should be impressed in some way on every new episode release its how these things work not feed us mediocrity

Many aspects of the game is left untapped like a meaningful end game Crafting system & PvP. I believe in many paths of gameplay towards the same end point and dcuo is not fulfilling any of it. Just shoe horn everyone in and pretend its fine
    • Like x 1
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They removed the open world boss system because it was widely unpopular. The few who love it aren’t enough to justify keeping the system. Wonderverse and 31st century had low populations compared to other DLCs. They definitely could’ve implemented it better but at that point it left such a bad taste in peoples mouths that if they just added it back it might cost them an even lower population number.
    • Like x 2
  17. LightningEl_ Level 30

This can't be right many players I know liked it and what was so bad about it that left a bad taste its probably most likely because there was just one raid in those episodes not the boss system. The only thing I can think of it might be too grindy but I don't think so

it does not matter if its not "widely popular" there wasting resources on stuff like elite alert and multiple stages of elite for raids. They need to change up things and in my eyes the boss system was a welcome system

This game cant get anything to work and I guess it would be the same answer to pvp oh its not widely popular lets see where this gets them in the future of the game the answer is no where stagnation at its finest
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Its the complete opposite of what you said. Elite stages and Elite alerts/duos/solos is a very poplar implementation to the game. The community has been extremely divided because the difficulty of Elite content wasn't hitting the sweet spot for many players. Some players felt the Elite content was to hard while others thought they were to easy. The varying difficulty has allowed them to adjust Elite difficulty across multiple stages to better target a larger number of players. And while it sas not hit the sweet spot yet they have been getting closer since they started doing this.

And the reason why those 2 DLC were not popular is exactly because of the open world boss system. Yes YOU like it and that is fine. But the majority of players did not. Yes it was grindy which was part of the problem. Another problem was that it made having maxed out alts hard to obtain because of the amount of time needed to do them on just 1 character. This meant players weren't running as much as before.

And yes, having "widely popular" systems is what the game wants to do. It is a business. If the majority of the player base does not like a type of game play than why would they want to pour more funds into it.
    • Like x 4
  19. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

This was my first "traditional" DLC drop since coming back last summer. Flashpoint had already dropped, and STU wasn't a traditional DLC. Having said that, the glitches did bring back a certain nostalgia, my league used to to take a 2-3 day break when a new DLC dropped because the game would be virtually unplayable between the drop day and the weekend. So for me it was kind of like seeing a nephew or niece at a primary school talent show, you know it's going to be awful, but your enthusiasm is in expectation of a great performance down the road.

When I came back after 7 years, there was a lot of content to plow through. I wanted to be CR ready when this dropped. So having run this content hot on the heels of running 8 years worth of content in 4 months, my initial reaction has gone from, hmm, to meh, pretty quick. The duo is...okay I guess, the alert is odd, seeming the last boss fight isn't the last fight. We have the last boss, then some mechanics to run through. The raid is all right, it's not awful. 3/4 runs I have are pretty uneventful, 18-23 minute runs, and then we get the odd one that goes pear shaped.
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

The roads, buildings, streetlights, hell everything except the Lincoln memorial, hall, monument, and capital. (Lincoln memorial being the only one actually worked on nicely)