Stat Clamp Is Dogwater And An Failure

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Why did you add onto the necro post? Shame. Finger wags for you. Bad.
    • Like x 3
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Because im not exactly looking through the dates, i saw an idea i liked, and replied to it.

But for SuperiorMouses thread, i will openly necro that thread yearly.
  3. JeanGrey Active Player

I'm starting to like the stat clamp, however I think something that could make it better would be to just adjust it so that we are slightly more stronger in older content.
  4. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

No, they’ve already done that, twice now
  5. mwhite1069 Level 30

Pre stat clamp, which means pre omnibus, as well, I had my daily missions through which I could collect Source Marks. Extremely limiting, making all the purchases, like allies, catalysts, styles for feats, a long and arduous task. Fast Forward to today, with stat clamp. I can run any content, from any era, and earn Source Marks. And, the content is a lot more fun. Win Win.
    • Like x 2
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It does need to be adjusted to make us more stronger. It's ridiculous that Open World is stat clamp taxed also. I mean like why, just why?

I guess it doesn't matter for me as I am still boycotting all stat clamp taxed content. If they did adjust the stat clamp tax more in favor of end game players perhaps I will run more stat clamped content, both regular and elite.
    • Like x 2
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I only remember Daybreak adjusting the stats clamp once post launch of Ep. 41. I read the release notes on it.

Can you please direct me to the release notes on the second adjustment. Did it happen before or after Ep, 42?
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We were clamped to 10 CR above enemy level, now we're clamped to 15 CR above enemy level.
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Correct. That was only one adjustment. the one I eluded too in release notes I read. Stanktonia indicated that there was an additional adjustment. To my knowledge the adjustment to 15 CR about entry level of clamped content is the only adjustment there has been made.

I can not find anything about a second adjustment.
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

If their are people saying we can faceroll already with +15 why do we need to bump it farther up?
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

They my stats that I earned so I want to keep as much as I can. Plus how can anyone faceroll stat clamped content? Impossible. That is just more nonsense made up by pro clampers to stick a finger in the eye of anti-stat clampers.

Why are pro clampers soooo afraid to give us anything more? At this exact moment of writing 08 January 2022, I am 32 CR above Long Live the Legion. So why can't I be at the same ratio in stat clamped not end game content? This question has never been satisfactorily answered.
    • Like x 1
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

All your stats bleed through the clamp Tiffy, weve been through this before. Mods/Augments/Artifacts and SP bleed through the clamp. So how are you not stronger then those who havent put in the time like you? and dont have these things leveled up?

You likely outheal me by a mile and a half on your main. Because i just like doing the raids and pretty much thats it lol
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

New System: Omnibus
    Get into DCUO in a whole new way with the Omnibus system. Play any content your character is eligible for, prior to our latest three episodes, for full rewards and without loot locks. Player stats will be scaled to appropriate levels for all Omnibus content.
    • Omnibus Combat Rating requirements have been reorganized into tiers for simplicity and each tier will unlock in full at once
    • Player stats will scale to about ten levels higher than NPCs in whichever instance
    • Stats from Skill Points, Artifacts, Augments, Leagues, Generator Mods, and certain Movement Mode, Iconic, and Allies abilities will scale proportionally afterwards, which means increasing these will always add power to your character (even in Omnibus content)
    • Missions in the Mission Journal have had their Combat Ratings/Levels updated to correspond to the new Tiers
    This was taken from the original announcement, since it was published there has been an adjustment to 15 levels higher than NPCs.
    All this indicates there is only some percentage of bleed from these items. I still don't see why I can't keep more of what I have already EARNED. Why is it alright for me to go into Long Live the Legion (CR 310) and participate with my Legion of Doom stats (I am currently CR352), BUT I can not be allowed to enter any clamped content with a similar ratio and MUST be chastised for asking?
    None of this has ever made any sense to me which is why I am of the mind set the stat clamp is a punishment for end game players, which is why I boycott it.
    • Like x 2
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

16. Scrapgear Active Player

So I took a break and have come back to the Stat clamp and after about 2-3 weeks of experiencing it, I honestly hate it. Supposedly this was made to make people go back and play the old content. It has done the exact opposite for me. Is it more difficult when compared to me having full stats, of course. Part of me doesnt like that because I want to go back with the gear i worked for to steamroll older content to feel like the work was worth it or make getting some older feats much easier now. My biggest issues with it is that it is forced upon us and the amount of TIME it has added to doing what used to be quick. Looking at raids such as FoS3 or Paradox Wave (I think it is anyway). These were raids I could do Relatively quickly on top of my dailies to get the rewards. A quick "Pop in, lets do this. Great. Pop out" in a short amount of time. Now, not only does it take longer if everything goes correctly, but if it doesnt go well and there are multiple retries, it takes even LONGER if it even gets done.

I don't know what the solution is because there are people on both ends who do and do not like it. Some suggestions I have are as follows:

1) Make the stat clamp a choice: I am not a developer, nor do I have ANY experience coding so I dont know what goes into it but this seems like it might be easy. If we can have 3 different versions of new content (Event, Normal, Elite. One of which does push stats up to a certain level if you dont meet it), I have to assume making an option for a Clamped and Non clamped version would be something that can be done. This way you give people who want the clamp, something they can pick (and get all the rewards from it too such as the being able to run it as many times as you want and get rewards for the added difficulty) meanwhile someone such as myself who wants to run through something old quickly to get the feats or is fine with only getting the reward once is satisfied. I think this might be best, this way you dont FORCE someone to do something they dont want to do and let people who want to do clamped content, do it and get the benefits for it

2) Give Feats/styles for doing Clamped Content: As a bit of a continuation from making it a choice, since Elite versions of missions have exclusive feats attached to them as well as styles for renown, why not make feats or style rewards that are exclusive to the clamped versions. This way it gives people incentive to play that version and reward them for taking on the harder challenge that others, like myself, might not do. If I am feeling daring, I will hop in and give it a shot, if not, stick with the normal version. And since people love feats/styles, it will give them that incentive to go and play that older content. As of right now, the incentive for me to play it is pretty meh. Extra source marks? I will get those eventually.
  17. JeanGrey Active Player

Honestly I think they should maybe go 50 instead, 15 seems like such a low increase. This way it could maybe be possible to do some old bounties alone since old episodes are always empty and it can be quite difficult to get help.
    • Like x 1
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I habitually underplay my characters in MMOs, not really much into the min/max mentality and I'm not at endgame. But even so, runs through old content via Omnibus (I always run the solos to at least get the weekly reward from Steve Trevor lol) are pretty simple and quick. On top of that my times in some solos went down after the clamp (Last Son of Krypton in particular).

A 15 CR advantage is more than enough for this underachiever, so I can only imagine how much easier it is for those that go the whole nine yards on their characters.
  19. shoegazer Well-Known Player

I'd rather there not be any clamp...but at the very least, it should be the same difference between min and max CR at endgame in older group content..and open worlds should not be clamped at all
    • Like x 1
  20. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Smh
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.