Stat Clamp Choice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by qECLIPSEp, Dec 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure if you are looping me in on this, but I neither need nor want gear and marks in old, unclamped content, past what we had before.

And COUR/FFR are pretty easy and rewards gear and marks. You might even say we can 'steamroll' them now. Guess we should remove rewards there too?
    • Like x 3
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Some are...some aren't. Makes no difference to me really. I participate minimally....same as many. My point was that you are very up in arms about the walk in...seems like you'd be as up in arms about those other queue up instances....as far as I've seen...you haven't been.
    • Like x 1
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Do you know why they gave us the ability to run instances unlimited of times? And this is costing them money because players had to use replay badges just so they reset the loot locked. They took that away and gave us the ability to run unlimited times older content because it’s an incentive for anyone to go and run those older raids. I also want to point out something in your other response about Omnibus.

I was qued into GOM, Blackest Night, New Genesis and others. What you experience may not always be the case to others. If all you were getting was FOS3 then you need to take account why that was. At some point they had double source marks so that could be a reason why you were just getting FOS3. When players heard that GOM was dropping Zeus Lightning Bolt, that raid was being run a lot. The company itself has some positive points and isn’t evil like some like to think. Replay badges are a huge seller and for them to just give us the ability to spam any older content says a lot about them. Your last sentence. You’re asking who? That’s a good question and without them clarifying in detail I don’t want to assume wrong but it’s also highly illogical to want to have the option to not be clamped but have all the incentives that comes with it. Feats are there with or without stat clamp. Doing it correctly or easier is another matter. Having styles and source marks wasn’t always the case before stats clamp. Some don’t even drop source marks. And some already have the styles that those instances drop. They gave us the ability to get source marks on top of styles.

Some might not be adamant about obtaining source marks but those source marks covers a lot in this game. There has to be balance and we won’t get what we want. In fact, Mepps himself said they sometimes take bad advice or ideas into account.
    • Like x 2
  4. ItsSeven Level 30

I mean PanE, ZooE, and DMe are pretty much dead at the moment because those items aren’t worth much anymore and most people who worry about their feats have more than likely already have those items. The ones who still need it are either new players, returning players, or people who don’t care enough to grind or buy it. There has to be new things continuously being added otherwise the novelty wears off.

If you agree that adding it won’t have any effect on queue times then why add it all? The whole point of stat clamp was to get people to play old content, and while I agree the novelty of that has worn off, there has yet to be any evidence for the solution that you’re providing that suggests that adding an option will increase the player pool in lower level content. If it’s because you believe that if things are easy, people would be more inclined to run lower level stuff if they can breeze through it, well then it would be hard to believe that. History suggests otherwise, we had years where we weren’t stat clamped and people didn’t bother to get their feats or rewards anyways. Unless I misunderstood something, it seems to me that you and many other people here want the option for the sole purpose of having their feats and rewards handed to them on a silver platter. I’m not against having an option for gear and marks, but for feats? At least do some work for your reward. Furthermore, the devs have already stated their stance on this and I don’t understand what’s so hard for you guys to wrap your head around it. They believe the negatives about opening up all content to non stat clamp aren’t worth the positives.
    • Like x 2
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

#1 I do not quite understand what do you mean. You kept bringing up that Mepps quote about "positive" things like it was the absolute truth. I answered and debunked them with what we actually experience in the game

#2 I'm not asking for the clamp to go away, and neither is this thread. The OP is about giving players an option to run content a certain way, not to just get rid of the clamp and revert it back to pre HoL update. They specifically mentioned the unclamped version to NOT have gear/marks.
    • Like x 3
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Oh you’re a quitter? I’m not, my patience in New Genesis caused me to remain there for two hours because of the ignorant players but that wasn’t going to stop me. If it wasn’t clamped would I be able to solo it? Possibly but why should I just because I’m too strong. It’s not intended to do that and if everyone else fails and you’re the only one left and somehow beat it because you are too strong then those players did not learn the mechanics and won’t bother to learn thus making any content that has mechanics null and void.
    • Like x 1
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That’s true I had almost forgotten that they increased our cr to 15 up from 10. It’s never going to be good enough despite how much the devs have been comprising with us.
    • Like x 2
  8. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Then, as usual, you would be wrong.
    • Like x 2
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

You assume everything, and you say your right when you assume everything but everyone else is wrong xD
    • Like x 2
  10. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Are you for real?

Those raids are dead because people don't want to slog through clamped for those rewards. Dark Robins and Man Bat Commandos are at a high right now compared to how they were while content was unclamped. Weird, wrong argument you're making here.

The reason to add it at all is so people no longer have their progression trivialized. What do you say to the whole league that was posting that had a night dedicated to running old elites and now they just don't run and are playing significantly less now. Or is that too inconvenient.

And "getting handed feats on a silver platter"? Get over yourself. Again, feats from a ton of older elite content continued to be challenging even while clamped.

As always.
    • Like x 4
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Yes I agree he or some dev did say that. But what does that mean exactly? Even if you have so many skill points, maxed out gear, etc.. it won’t stop you from one shot mechanics no matter how much powerful you gotten. The last sentence is funny. It’s actually a challenge if you think about it because players don’t want to spend money and they don’t want to travel to specific locations or complete races. Their money is the skill and that’s all it matters lol you know what’s also a challenge? Having to lunge at Zeus when prompted but even that doesn’t click to some players. I bet if there was a feat attached to that players would find that challenging lmao
  12. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Say what you want but it doesn't change the truth
    • Like x 1
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

One shot mechanics will remain one shot mechanics regardless of your stats. Some raids before the clamp remained challenging regardless of their aging. Some players don't even know what a lunge is, unfortunately.
    • Like x 3
  15. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Sorry buddy, I can’t project what I never was allowed to do in the first place. I was never that person who reached top tier end content because I was too busy chasing styles than gear or focusing on pvp because it was fun.

But considering I can’t count on one hand how many times I would go through raids and someone would always talk about “my dps”, “my burn”, and other dps-centric lingo after like an hour of failing, I can most certainly say that many people who ran content outside of their gear limit were more focused on thinking they were good at the game for essentially soloing an instance that lacked mechanics beyond “beat him to a pulp while other non-one shotty things happen” while taking virtually no damage because of extremely high defense for the instance.

Hell, I still remember one of the League Hall raids where it took 2 1/2 hours to finally clear it and 3 people talked about how the remaining and replacement dps were so low that someone who left over an hour ago still had top score.

And just this once I’m gonna say that I didn’t read your post past this point because I’m texting from mobile and that’s a pain in itself to do.
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

I dont have to say anything. You say it yourself, but dont realize you dont practice what you preach xD
    Which is why you kinda stick out for the sheer amount of contradictions you make..But when i bring them up you just ignore them and move onto something else.

I can admit to being scatterbrained, but you cant admit to your consistent flip-flopping
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I guess you answered your own question about “who asked”, thanks I wasn’t sure who it was but thank you for clarifying it was the OP.
  18. Ryazan Dedicated Player

What are you talking about?

The "Who asked?" was about who was asking to not be clamped but still receive the rewards that we are getting right now. I clarified this was not the OP, they specifically said that when unclamped "loot will revert to the way it used to be". The question remains unanswered.
    • Like x 2
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

20. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Does this not correlate to what you said? “They specifically mentioned the unclamped version to NOT have gear/marks.“
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.