Stat Clamp Choice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by qECLIPSEp, Dec 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the solowing Steadfast Player

The CR relevant gear in a level needs to be STRIPPED OUT.... You should only be getting the old loot table relevant for that instances bracket not progressively better gear up to 290CR gear for killing a level 6....
    • Like x 1
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Agree and DWF both versions were nerfed thanks to Charon giving in to the whiners.
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

• Like x 2
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So again....I want to be very clear on where you stand.... Someone wants to go in and do a SOLO mission vs running random clamped content via Omni OR having to build LFG groups that would never fill, and this somehow impacts you.....how? I can get your objection (a very little bit) to AQS where the content people would go into solo MIGHT take a body (a body you really shouldn't need if a LOT of people were still queuing) out of the queue process....but solos? How is that offensive to you? How does that impact your game experience? Cause they are lazy (in your opinion)....ok, so lazy people can't play now? They are bad players... Welp, there goes 1/2 our playerbase. Or is it just that there is a means of non-compliance with how you WANT people to play and non-compliance is not to be tolerated?

Cause if it's just that a bad or lazy player will end up in some end game content without 'earning' it...well I'll expect to see a LOT more posts from you when the CR skip comes out next week. Or your new campaign to get progression gear/marks out of 'easy' runs like Manhiems, Funhouse, Spark, FOS3, Necro, BD, Escape, DD...whatever. I wait with baited breath....Should be interesting.
    • Like x 4
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And yet...here we are.
    • Like x 3
  6. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I don't think the rewards that Mepps is bringing up is what you're seeing drop in quests for mentored storylines. Yes, there's gear drops, base items, and things like that but no source marks. And gear gets sold/salvaged so who cares? It's just a different way to play the game and it seems you're the only one who has a problem with it. I regret I even mentioned it now so you can bet some other things I know about the game that most don't that's fun and enjoyable for me will stay with me going forward.
    • Like x 1
  7. ItsSeven Level 30

Sure that might work for USPS/PC, but splitting up the player base on EU, Switch and Xbox on their already small populations certainly isn’t ideal. And I’ve already said that people run FOS3 because it’s the most time efficient, but making things a choice won’t change the queue times for other raids. If anything it just makes FOS3 and HH even more valuable since people will be able to do it even faster. Mepps himself has already said that they don’t want to open up the whole game to non stat clamp cause everyone would only play the easiest content, which is true. As shown by the fast queue times for FOS3 and the fact that pre stat clamp people weren’t queuing up for old raids anyways. I don’t understand what reverting it will change to get people to actually play said content. At least for me, this isn’t a stat clamp vs non stat clamp issue, I’ll get my feats regardless of what they do. The bigger issue is that incentive just isn’t there, like sure me and a ton of other people will get our feats but what’s going to actually make us keep running it after that? Making things not stat clamped is something the devs don’t want to do and it doesn’t fix any of the problems they want to address. In fact it may cause more problems for them due to smaller servers.
    • Like x 1
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Rein, i get you want to play devil advocate, but i feel youre playing coy and ignorant on this post. As is Yas and Catastroflair.

His post clearly doesnt mince words, but you guys are trying to interpret it in your own way and leaving out whatever you don't want to see.
    • Like x 3
  9. Sentiency Well-Known Player

Why don’t you highlight the next line too where he states that everyone would play the easier content. Because in reality, that’s what people want to do after 11 years of running the same thing over and over. That comment proves that the reason you and others are fighting so hard against even having a CHOICE for unclamped with styles/feats etc. is because you know that the number of people participating in clamped content would fall drastically. Once again- it’s not about who gets to have fun for you but rather tailoring the game to how you think it should be.
    • Like x 6
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Yes, you guy should not have a choice, because its not going to be a choice when....

everyone would only play the easiest content and none of the other positives would happen.

If im playing the easiest content to gear up, and im able to clearly seeing why players wouldn't need to to group up with the ability to kill a level 6 un-clamped and CR boost off a Loot Pinata.

What is the hell was the clamp for when i gear up far easier without it, when i can choose the effortless option?

As someone whos pro-stat clamp, i dont even see a reason to group up at all gearing like this.
    • Like x 2
  11. Sentiency Well-Known Player

It absolutely would be a choice because the option to play clamped would be there. It’s just the reality that most people don’t want to
    • Like x 3
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You want to play unclamped without any of the positives? Am I understanding you correctly?
  13. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Some people would. You can't definitively say no one will.

I'd at least run through it all just to experience everything available to me.
    • Like x 2
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Why are people so ready to kill their own game for their own personal enjoyment..While complaining that we cant get players to stick around?
    • Like x 1
  15. Sentiency Well-Known Player

I want the option to play unclamped without the ability to gain source marks but still have access to styles and feats. This incentivizes running clamped for source marks and end game rewards, but allows players (especially newer) the opportunity that we all previously had to get feats in older content that are difficult to find groups for currently.
    • Like x 5
  16. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Just to answer all those "positives" you people keep bringing up.

-------------------------

"Any piece of content in the game can be played for full rewards"

True, and it apparently really does mean any, if even the leveling missions are giving scaling gear.

"Randomness + the queue system means you get put into a wide variety of content"

Not my experience at all, even when running 3 characters every week through the Omnibus. The queue system too often leads to the same piece of content popping up in the queues, namely Phantom Zone* and Darkness Rising for alerts, and Sunstone Matrix and God of Monsters for the raids. Though it is worse for the alerts.

*Phantom Zone's roles being broken may have something to do here.

"Randomness + the queue system means the obscure content you want to run will fill up"

Here's an example, I personally queued Titans: The Machine, and Happiness Home just to have a fun time, through the Custom Play menu, and those haven't popped even after 1 hour had elapsed. I've never had my raid of choice pop through the Custom Play if it wasn't something popular already.

"New players and all players will find groups and level up"

Provided they are able to beat whatever content popped for them. Sometimes, I'm surprised with what instances people aren't being able to get through.

On-level players get to experience a game

They will certainly experience something, whether it's a good smooth run with veterans that may have taught them something or two, or a catastrophic 2 hour run of a raid that should have been completed in 20 minutes or so when it was at level. Expediency will vary. And whether they liked it or not, is another matter.
    • Like x 4
  17. Sentiency Well-Known Player

It’s funny you say that because this clamp killed my league in weeks and yet I’m not calling for it to be abolished. I just want an option for people who don’t like running clamped content.
    • Like x 5
  18. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That’s not going to happen sorry. In fact they doubled down on source mask. If you were on test server or read the threads regarding stat clamp before it went live you know that players weren’t happy doing older content especially clamped if there was no source marks given. Why do you want to have the option to not be clamped but also not be able to get source marks? That logic seriously needs to be rethink because it makes no sense to anyone. Source marks plays a big picture in this game. The last three dlcs currency are within their content every dlc before them are given source marks and source marks allows you to do so much things. I can’t quite understand this thought process about some of you guys not caring about source marks. End game players who are maxed arts, gear etc are more inclined to side with not caring about source marks but that is a small percentage of the player base.

Whether you are clamped or not feats will always be there. Now if you’re saying you want it easy just so you can get those feats then that is a different approach and a wrong one at that. Speaking of styles since stat clamp went live and making new toons I noticed old rare styles that were difficult to get such as the rapture wings and it was dropped in mentor missions. Mepps said it himself “it is especially problematic to open the whole game to full rewards without scaling” because “everyone would only play the easiest content and none of the other positives would happen.”
  19. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Read the 100 threads about this since before it was implemented up until now..things have been said over and over...also, we're not here to convince you..we're not posting here because we hope 'you' see it and come around

And clearly it's not enough..a 100 threads and how many months later..And 25 plus pages into another one

And Mepps is trying to sell whatever his employer wants him to sell..and there's no reason to even ask for the data..there would be no way for any of us to know if it was truthful or just what they want to sell us

And all the "pros and cons" in this conversation are subjective..they are opinions..including yours

And none of the pros you keep mentioning trump CHOICE and TIME..and everyone being able to play the game the way they want to..not to me

In my experience forcing people to do things one way, alienating people, dividing people is never a good thing

But giving people choices..adding not taking away...I don't see any cons in that
    • Like x 3
  20. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Well I respect that because I to am crazy.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.