Stat Clamp Choice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by qECLIPSEp, Dec 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plowed In Loyal Player

That was for him specifically, sorry, maybe I could have been clearer.
    • Like x 1
  2. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

So I guess those players who ran content unclamped and got all the feats without any challenge or difficulty should give them back then and earn them all again clamped, right? Shouldn't content always be equitable across the board or not at all? Or do we cherry pick which pedestal we want to stand and shout from in this regard?
    • Like x 3
  3. ItsSeven Level 30

In that sense yes, it is unfair, but a low population isn’t an issue that solely effects stat clamped content. In that case, it would be tricky regardless of what they did. Ideally, you wouldn’t have a vote, ideally you would just queue or get into the group for the version you wanted with like minded players so there isn’t an issue. Population size would cause complaints as there’s only so many players on some servers for so many raids and to split that up even more will cause queue times to be even worse if they pop up at all. Allowing a non stat clamp or removing the stat clamp entirely isn’t as cut and paste as it is. There will always be an unhappy portion
    • Like x 1
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I find this whole line of thinking hilariously ridiculous.

From the go, the philosophy of this game and progression has been-- "revisit old feats down the road if they're to much trouble now, eventually, over time, you should be able to tackle them." Look no further than pre-clamp groups struggling with DWF feats, CTE feats, MOME feats than to see that obviously, simply gearing past wasn't "trivializing" these feats.

Also, have you ever gotten any tough feats after you've geared past them? If so, this is a wildly hypocritical stance to take.

Furthermore, you have whole leagues posting in here about how part of their game time was spent revisiting old elites and now they're losing interest in playing because their progression has been trivialized.
    • Like x 2
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

Why does your statement directly conflicts with Mepps statement?

Why im able to play the easiest and effortless content and gear up from it? When hes saying me doing that is problematic?
    • Like x 1
  6. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

It doesn't? Running the unclamped solos as you have been doing is still limited. You can't get higher CR leveled gear than 280, I think? Maybe it's 290 now. Either way, you'll eventually receive gear that doesn't increase your CR and is no longer a benefit. That's when you will have to move on to newer content. Or you can roll a new toon and do it all over again... ;P
    • Like x 1
  7. shoegazer Well-Known Player

No need for comparative pros and cons if there are choices...

Unclamped= the way that it was before Ep 41
    Clamped= the way it is after Ep 41

If you want to play clamped you would still have the new pros there to do so..and if you want to run it unclamped the old pros to do so will be there too

See..I think we all know which option the majority of the playerbase will end up playing more often...and that's the real answer to what the majority of players really want

Also the reason why pro-clampers are so adamant about there not being a choice

Like many others, since the clamp, I just don't play old content anymore..because there's one "pro" that's worth more to me than source marks, drops or anything else that lands on the pros list for the clamp...and that's time
    • Like x 6
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

So, confirm? I should be able to get raid gear from killing a level 6, as a CR 168 unclamped?
    • Like x 1
  9. ItsSeven Level 30

Here’s the thing, even with the stat clamp, the challenge isn’t as big as some make it out to be, you are still very strong. This is the dumbest and one of the most extreme argument one could make. The game has gone through many changes, even prior to revamp, we had advanced mechanics which if you were there you’d know that it made getting feats even easier than it did prior to this stat clamp. Do I expect those people to give their feats back and have them earn it again through not even the stat clamped version, but the non stat clamped revamp version? Hell no. Or an even better example, the mind numbing grind that is LPvE feats, back then, legends did way way more damage, you were able to finish the instances in half the time than you are able to currently. Do I expect those people to give their feats back because they had an easier time with it than I have? Hell no. I’m sure the vast majority of people who care to get feats have been playing longer than this current stat clamp which was implemented in August, they had ample time to form groups before HoL came out to get their feats if they thought it was going to be difficult. For the people who weren’t, sure, it’s sucks but it is what it is.
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

There is absolutely need to compare the pros and cons. I gave a link showing Mepps stating the pros. What cons are there other than players who are anti-clamp just doesn’t want to do older content anymore and they pretend they are weaker. If there are more cons than pros then I wouldn’t mind knowing them again to get a better perspective but this thread has over 20 pages and they are really not giving a list of cons only their opinions. Mepps has the data, the developing team decided this was the best course of action because of their data. Catastroflare wants them to share the data. That’s never going to happen.

Before stat clamp there was massive complaints that no one is really running older content and this has been effecting new players because ques are not popping up fast enough. This makes it even more difficult when platforms such as Xbox or Switch or the EU server are already failing to que up. Before stats clamp you were only able to run an instance once’s before it got loot locked. Some don’t even drop source marks. Mepps gave excellent pros to trying to help this issue but apparently it’s not enough. I know players have alts and if they start from scratch because of a new alt then they too will feel that the que system isn’t popping fast enough because players aren’t running low content. Instead of being told to read the entire thread no one is writing a list to compare pros and cons only their feelings.
    • Like x 2
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its the same with Omnibus, except Omnibus requires a group, and some coordination. Farming a level 6 requires no coordination, no group, and no effort.

What is the point of queueing for clamped content when killing a lvl 6 can get me to within the current 3 DLCs?
  12. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Why not? You could be a brand new character who knows nothing about this game, buy a CR skip token and have access to the same gear. I guess I'm not following you in how this is a bad thing in a general sense?

I guess that just depends on the player then and this is why more options and choices is great!
    • Like x 1
  13. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Meh. My only concern is efficient use of my time. Getting feats via unclamped content is much more efficient than trying to do the same thing in clamped content.

That is the gist of it -time.
    • Like x 4
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

How is that a result of the clamp when im not clamped?
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its not a choice, its just flat out easier, and no contest on what would players like yourself would choose. Im doing what your'e doing, and is just turn my "no" for a optional stat clamp into a "Hell no" from me xD.

The thing i wanted to see the clamp do was fill up groups, and doing it like this i don't need a group for anything until im already in endgame.
    • Like x 2
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry...a result of the 'changes' in 41. REWARDS EVERYWHERE!!! I don't recall getting progression loot in leveling missions before 41. But admittedly....it was a while since I was in there.
    • Like x 2
  17. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

What players like "me" would choose? Yeah, because you totally know me.

In any case, I don't see an issue. What exactly is the problem approaching the game this way?
    • Like x 1
  18. ItsSeven Level 30

To answer your question, yes I have gotten feats when we weren’t stat clamped. The other thing that you didn’t account for is that I still have difficult feats that I still have to do, namely FGSe and some CTe feats. I had ample time to get them overgeared and not stat clamped. I didn’t do it but I’m not going to sit here and cry on the forums to try to make it easier for myself like some people here. I’ll get them stat clamped and everything. I did DWFe when it was new, and that was wildly much more difficult than it is now. I know this because I’ve ran DWFe stat clamped while directing pugs, there is little excuse for not getting your feats in the current state. Some people just have to accept they’re not there quite yet and should work on getting better. Skill points are the least of their worries.

Regardless that wasn’t the point of my original post, I’m sure it’s common knowledge now that whatever they do, there’s always going to be a portion of the player base unhappy. The main goal of stat clamp was to get people to play old content and now that isn’t because it’s difficult or because it’s should be too easy, but because the incentive just isn’t there. The argument of people could get feats if it isn’t stat clamped as an incentive just doesn’t work as people weren’t queuing up for stuff prior to HoL anyways. There has to be something more to get people to play it.
    • Like x 2
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Hmm, it's almost as if everyone runs FoS3 because it's the easiest way to get marks fast rather than use omnibus which tends to be a series of fail raids.

Funny how that works. I don't think FFXIV is making the point they think they're making ;)

Yes, I also got DWFE feats when they were current.

And offering people a CHOICE is going to make the fewest people unhappy, if that's really the premise of your post here. Btw have you looked at old content lately? I have. Most raids are failures with an enormous rotating cast of players in and out.
    • Like x 3
  20. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Yeah, he's kind of dug into a hole without anyway of getting out at this point. ;P
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.