Armory Animations

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by the solowing, Jan 6, 2022.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

Mepps, can ya (please) toss a message to the higher up, asking if we could get some new armory animations.

Yall leaving money on the table;)

Yall got an entire generation of anime watchers playing your game.

Please make multiple animations

let them last a few seconds after the initial armory swap, unless you move

When in combat use the default animation.

Im trying to look like a total badass after changing up my armory

And yall can sell it for each armory!

Can it be done?

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 9
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I'm co-signing this. This idea was brought up way back when Armories became a thing...and then it went nowhere (along with a lot of other ideas). I think now more than ever this would be a great idea. People want more customizations, and since the company has made many changes to attract and keep newer players, good cosmetic ideas like this would be great.
    • Like x 3
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

I want it bad, i brought the 3 additional armories not for different roles, but just purely for aesthetic transformations. Because who doesnt love "powering up"?
    [IMG]

They could charge 5 dollars for each animations, and you can set them to each armory.

Who wouldnt something like this?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Yeah, I'm tired of seeing my character clap my hands and drop a smoke bomb.
    why are there two emote animations for using the armory anyways?? When i go from dps to controller it does clap and then smokebomb, but from controller to dps only smokebomb emote... :confused:
    • Like x 2
  6. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I was wondering if there was a reason the armory did emotes per role, went to the armory... change icon? changed icon. no effect on emote/annimation. hmmmm.
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Powerset-specific effects to transformations would be nifty to have for Armories.
    • Like x 4
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

We collectively requested this years ago and Spytle told us it could in fact be done but it was a low priority. I'm sure it's way out the window by now. Hopefully someone there still sees value in a feature like this.
    • Like x 5
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

I really hope they give it a test run to see how its received and either push in creating more or pushing it back int obscurity.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

You have my vote, I've been wanting this for a long time when it was requested. I think the Wonder Woman Armory animation exists in the game already.
    • Like x 2
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

I do wish threads like these got more traction. We all cry about more features to the game, but yet the forum doesn't really show much interest in it. But you mention a stat clamp and its the hottest topic on the board for weeks
    • Like x 2
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

I dont mind specific power-set animations as a default. However i want them to get as creative as they get with the materials and auras.
    • Like x 2
  13. Grim931 Committed Player

A while ago when this was brought up, I also suggested movement mode themed animations. Either fly/SS run/Zip-line away and back, similar to the way the iconic entrances and exits are in the open world, based on your movement mode. Always thought that would make more sense than dropping a smoke bomb.

There's a ton of customization options, but I highly doubt they'll introduce this or any of the other ones suggested. I believe they were in the early stages of planning this at one point. It's when they were introducing the movement mode variants, but that could've just been me interpreting it wrong. If it doesn't fit in a time capsule, I highly doubt it'll be considered now.
    • Like x 2
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im simply waiting for the day i get a run animation like this and i dont mind spending a few dollars to see it happen
    [IMG]

Or Acrobatics get Spiderman acrobatics when jumping from surface to surface
    [IMG]
  15. Grim931 Committed Player

That would be cool too. I would really like for them to build on what they have, and open up our customization options for movements and powers alike. There's no reason to have the abundance of style items we do, yet everyone looks almost the same using them.

I remember when your weapon dictated how you would use a power. So if you had a Bow equipped and used fireball, it would shoot out from your weapon and not your hands. That at least differentiated abilities a little bit, and looked like it fit your character's theme more while doing it. Why they took that out while it was already in place, I have no clue, but I would appreciate it if they brought it back.
    • Like x 1
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Those animations were taken out for several reasons. The first was to reduce the memory footprint for the Ps3 (which was still prominent at the time). The second was to get animation timings much tighter so that they could have a standard set Weapons Mastery and general power balance*.

*A HUGE reason why a lot of powers were out of balance compared to each other was primarily because of the vast difference in animation timing. By tightening and standardizing animation timings they were then able to adjust the values for damage, healing and controlling (tanking has always been the most varied role, but still benefited from the changes). Because of the level of balance they have achieved it is extremely unlikely they'll reverse those changes. They don't go backwards, only moving forward...so at best all we can hope for is something new(ish) in the foreseeable future.
    • Like x 2
  17. Grim931 Committed Player

That makes a lot of sense actually. I had no idea the timing was so far off between weapons/power animations with the old system. Thanks for that information.
    • Like x 3
  18. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Exactly why I stopped making threads, I would just rather support others for having the Bxlls to make these types of threads knowing how the forum community can be.
    • Like x 1
  19. Green Action Well-Known Player

bump, i support this thread.
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

In fact, animation segment length (the timing of an animation sequence) is one of the most important factors in balancing powers, if not *the most* important. This is why clipping is so popular--it allows damage without being locked into the intended animation segment's full duration.

So standardizing the animation lengths across all powers, movements and so on, was super important to achieving any real balance. Even then/now there's still issues but I think most people would agree it's improved a lot since then.