Stat Clamp Choice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by qECLIPSEp, Dec 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've got an alt toon that is at 328ish...so not quite endgame, but still has never been past level 20 leveling missions or set foot inside queued up content before or after the clamp (Save seasonals...but that's not the subject). It is a event/seasonal runner only. He does the weekly missions in whatever the new ep is since like JLD (maybe metal 1), and gets a few TC pieces to close the gap when one DLC event ended and he moved up to the next. I haven't run him in LOD yet, but hes probably got enough FP boxes stocked up to get there. If not, he'll get the enhanced warden for a quick boost and sit around LOD doing the 8 mark OW weeklies.

Your point is kind of moot although, but you are right...any solos he was running were probably clamped. If you just run Manhiems 100x, you can level up pretty quick and no....that run has had 0 challenge added by the clamp. I can finish it in about 90 seconds personally. It would be hard to say for sure anyone would know it's clamped.

BTW....you could run it 100x and still be out faster than some Omni raid runs I've queued into.
    • Like x 1
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Never said any political views. But their perception is extremely far off from the reality and i wanted to show them that. My ideology for the game follows in the same vein of thought.

Everybody should have a seat at the table, and the fun should be assured for the largest audience possible. Not only those few who want to isolate the fun for themselves and segment themselves away from the general community.
    • Like x 1
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Then let them list the "lots", or lie about it.
  4. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

This is why I'm so reluctant to keep responding to you. I have no idea what you're comment is inferring but since I need to break it down more I suppose I will.

All mentored quests are unclamped. All hero and villain mentors have quest lines that have bosses that players fight. Like Reinheld mentioned, though was incorrect in his assumption about what I ran solo, I didn't run mainly clamped content; I just ran these quests instead. Mannheim's Chinese Theater is a great example. Level 8 mobs can even be steamrolled at that level. It can be done in 2 minutes or less easily. This lowbie content also drops CR relevant gear. And even if I ran clamped solo content, it's stupidly easy and anyone, geared well or not, can faceroll the earlier tiers with ease.

Do you understand now?
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

#1. If it was as "mindless" as you say it is. There shouldn't be this sheer level of push-back against something they can roll over in their sleep right? I specificly remember saying they should reduce the rewards for FoS3 to counteract the easy spammable nature of it. And have the time and effort match the reward. Of course nobody wanted that, because some players don't like anything standing in their way of easy, quick, effortless rewards.

#2 Im surprised at how the forum wants players to come to their game while treating these very players like they are useless wastes of time, and don't want to account for their enjoyment because "its not their job". While also ready to slap down any addition that would allow them to engage with the game more then they could previously.

#3 The thing is housing is DESIGNED for that, were playing a facet of the game exactly for what it was designed for. Its more a player generated creative outlet, where players can sink time and effort into it. A digital Barbie house where the accessories can be placed at your preferred spot. (Hell i sank 4 months into redoing my home in my signature gif) If you were to say that we were wasting our time not playing the game as intended, when that "content" is designed to be a time-waster.

Me working on my in-game house, doesn't really disrupt the queue times, or affect any player. Since that content is designed to be something that can be engaged with solo.

#4 Thank you, ive enjoyed playing DCUO far more then the last several years of it being more engaging as a virtual chatroom.
    • Like x 2
  6. Shalayah Committed Player

I mean when content was unclamped. Older content was still dead so that’s not exactly a clamp issue.
    • Like x 2
  7. Dene Devoted Player

exactly.. if they remove the clamp and source marks - then we are back at square 1 - everyone at end game and new players are stiuck in a ghost town
  8. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

It was never about clamped or unclamped stats. It was always about incentive or rather the lack of incentive to run content a player basically got nothing out of after running it dozens of times.

Lots of stick in this game, not a lot of carrot.
    • Like x 2
  9. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

But no one has suggested doing this so why bring up a moot point?
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Missed point 1....enjoying a mindless activity is does not preclude being able to actually learn and do well at the game on other runs. The previous poster I replied to seem to insinuate that the 2 are mutually exclusive...they are not.

Missed point 2....I said the clamp hadn't made a difference in people wanting to learn how to play the game, not how many are willing to teach them. There is ample evidence of this in almost any omni run. So clamp/no clamp...there are always bad players...there are always those willing to teach or NOT willing to teach them. The big difference is those willing to teach will likely tire of it faster as things fail more often. As far as I can tell MANY of the players are perfectly happy to go in and fail repeatedly or walk out of 'hard' runs where they don't feel like learning anything. And no...it's not our JOB to teach anyone anything(although many do)...that's DBGs and they've done a piss poor job of it...that is NOT changed by the clamp either. I will add that while I used to occasionally tell someone to join the game cause it CAN be fun....I don't believe I've told anyone that for the last few months. I have said 'its free now' but that was not something that required the clamp...and off topic.

Missed point 3....I never said it wasn't designed for it....I said '....and don't understand how some spend so much time and effort doing so'. This was a rebut again, not to you...but to the previous poster who said he can't understand how people want to blast through stuff without learning the game....which again, is not even necessarily a fact (see point 1). And no offense, but as I've said 1000 times before, the game WAS designed to progress past the content....the clamp is a change to that. Needed or not, it IS a change(if you don't believe me, go see the UPDATE notes....). Maybe one day they will change your base deco and you can rail at the heavens about it....guess what, I won't tell you you are wrong in your opinion just because I don't care about base deco.

And my wanting to go blow stuff up doesn't affect queue times either EXCEPT that I didn't have an option not to queue in (I actually did....most did not). Post clamp I'm queuing as little as possible, so me NOT queuing or you standing around decorating....we are both NOT running stuff and affect the queues equally....or not at all.

You are welcome. Believe it or not, I'm perfectly happy for those that are enjoying the clamp. I don't think I've ever said different...I myself avoid it to what extent I can. However, I was never using this as a virtual chat room and always found something to do to keep myself entertained...current or 'blowing stuff up' runs....I do way less of both now since the clamp. I don't need to go back to old content for a challenge....I did that already ad-nauseum...maybe you missed out. Come talk to me when you tire of the re-hash....I know several people who said it was 'fun' the first few weeks....and have changed their tune now and stopped running it or run it WAY more selectively. And yes...that's an anecdote....but the forum does not allow polls, so I have no polling data to present for 'facts'....only my observations.
    • Like x 3
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

I just ran Circe's stronghold, i dont know if that was intended. But im getting 290 gear from 2 shotting WonderWoman.... Its actually far more effective them farming raids up to Tier 6 for the time to reward cost.

I got an alt i dont really use. Im going to chain run this solo to see how fast it take me to get this character CR to its upper limit.
  12. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Having more options is typically better than not.

And depending on how much you can stand, you could probably gear an alt quicker than you'd realize and maybe complete some style feats along the way. Plus, if any iconics drop they still sell decently in the broker depending on what item it is.
    • Like x 1
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its not an option, its just a defacto faster/easier way to gear with not a shred of effort. My talent tree was wiped and i dont even need to care they die so fast and dont do any damage

I havent played this character in years, and im effortlessly gearing not having a clue how to play this character at all anymore. And im intentionally ignoring mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  14. Shalayah Committed Player

Which is true I agree it was always about incentives, but it’s a tricky situation to navigate. What would you suggest be a good idea to bring older content back to life?
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

What stick? Their is no punishment for anything in this game.
  16. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Just add more pets, unique styles, and drops from the bosses. That's usually enough to get players to run old content. It's not the hardest problem to solve.
    • Like x 1
  17. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

The stick is the grind in this game. The carrot is usually the reward or incentive to do it.
    • Like x 1
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im killing a level 6 un-clamped solo boss and im nearly 100 cr from it so far up from equipped cr 36.

I put 1 point in super-speed, but i left it as is
    [IMG]
  19. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

What is more to you? The devs did exactly that they added pets and weapons to older raids. You have a chance to get the father box if I’m not mistaken by defeating Grail. You have a chance to obtain Zeus Lightning Bolt in another raid. You can also get the Sunblade, Winterblade, Aqualad swords and so on. I even gotten the Jokers crowbar, The Huntress crossbow guns the list goes on. In fact, Obsidianchill has a video I think on all the weapons they added that you are now able to obtain.
    • Like x 1
  20. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

So? Obviously it not enough to move the needle for a significant portion of the player base.

And why are you so intent on drilling down on me over this? Is it my job to come up with creative and innovative ways to motivate and incentivize a player base that has hardly any interest in clamped content?

Some people just don't know when to relent.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.