Dev Discussion Episode 42: The Sixth Dimension (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Dec 9, 2021.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

It would be great if there were more feats added later in the episode on a bonus week like they did with World of Flashpoint.

Maybe a two part no-death feat in Stage 4/5, one part for Sixth Dimension Hall of Justice, and one part for Sixth Dimension Courtyard?

Also some rare drops (more so for elite). Raids like God of Monsters have really benefitted recently with replay value due to the rare drops with feats.
    • Like x 2
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'm not sure we'll be increasing the mark drops but there will be things dropping in all the content that have higher chances in Elite and Elite+ to drop and probably at least one item that may only drop in Elite 5 (with a Feat). You can expect iconic weapons, some pets potentially, accessories, etc.

While the bonus content for EP42 isn't fully finalized, there are talks of doing what we did last time and adding some fresh feats for all the content again.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Thanks for the information :)

The extra feats are great for the completionists and endgame players out there, so that's a good thing going forward.

There really needs to be more incentive to run the higher stages. Finding a Stage 4 group for example on EU server is impossible at the moment, maybe 20 players run S4 or S5 (more likely S5) on the server on a good day (which is increasingly rare, and usually between 6-10pm local time). The amount of elite stages is a discussion for another time however.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The Cyborg statue in the Superman fight has the same overpowered attack as the failed Cyborg clones in Convergence Of Unmaking. Should a single add really be oneshotting multiple players in normal? Bearing in mind that not a single other add even comes close in destructive potential? I suppose I should be grateful there isn’t a Donna Troy statue.
    • Like x 1
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Although you got a point, any player can interrupt him by simply lunging. Its a core mechanic of this enemy and players should learn it or need to be taught. How boring and stale would the game be if all enemies behaved the same and are no threat to the group. :)
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So we have an enemy with an instant death radius around it, and the intended solution is to LUNGE it?! What if it has immunity? What if the lunge doesn’t immediately cancel the attack because of lag? We’re really supposed to play Russian Roulette with an enemy that isn’t even the boss?

Why is a random statue more dangerous than Sixth Dimensional Superman? Then again, I bought all this up during the Legion episode as well to no avail. I guess Cyborg and Donna Troy are just the most powerful beings in the DC universe.
  7. ImmortalNA New Player

Why are you surprised that a lunge mechanic exists? You rather go turn a cog on cyborg? A white breakout immunity does not give it immunity from a weapon counter (lunge). A lunge if connected WILL immediately cancel the attack unless all 8 players are somehow lagging or pretending to lag to hide incompetence. You're not playing Russian Roulette you are lunging an ad. The "random" statue is part of how the boss fight is designed, superman alone in stage 1-4 is a joke and the ads are required to be that way or that whole boss fight becomes trivial. Next time actually try lunging instead of coming to the forums and crying about not being able to lunge something.
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What if it has blue immunity? Everyone knows counter windows can be quirky in this game, I’ve seen NPCs get block broken, lunged immediately after being knocked down and still block the lunge, knocking the other player down and getting immunity. Also what’s this stage 1-4 talk? I don’t care if it kills in elite.
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

we have more adds like that. For example the Sniper wich one hits unless you lunge the skull or stun him. Or, the Peacemaker wich completely suppresses a player. That player then has to rely on someone else to stun that add or lunge it to interupt.

Not sure what youre expecting from a normal raid but that sounds like something for the event version.
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Then why do I only see people dropping like flies in the Superman fight? The problem isn’t that the Cyborg statue is a threat, the problem is that it’s threat level utterly eclipses everything else in any of the four boss fights. I have a hard time believing that’s intended, so I reported it.

But again I get dragged into a pointless argument with people who think I don’t have any idea what I’m doing, because I reported a potential bug. Every time!
    • Like x 1
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Superman fight is also in Elite the hardest of all. So its intended to be the gate to test your worthyness of 3rd and 4th boss loot imo.

I dont know who you are ingame or at all. I've seen you around on the forums and you dont seem like somebody that has no idea about the game. Its just that my idea of a perfect normal mode differs a lot from yours.

I assume youre usually playing normal content while i play elite mode more than naything else. What this current ban situation showed me was that even if i wanted to help as many players through elite, they usually dont understand it at all, because normal mode is already dumbed down to a level that has no learning curve to it. I think thats what event mode should be for, or omnibus. But not normal.

The gap between normal and elite content is so high that its almost impossible for players that seek the challenge to get any decent result since Lfg groups even struggle through stage one because they dont learn after each or every second wipe. This is because they never had to learn anything before in normal content either in my opinion.

Enough of derailing this thread. :D

Final conclusion, we both have a different opinion on how normal content should be scaled. Thats all. ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Last thing I’ll say is I too worry there might be too much of a gap between normal and elite now, but I’d hoped the stages in elite were designed to address that. I dunno. But yeah, just reporting what I believe to be an inconsistency. Let’s agree to disagree and let the developers decide what to do.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

A few questions, as I personally haven't had any problems in the normal raid.

1. What artifacts do your group members have? Specifically your tank and heal?

2. Does your tank have 2-3 pulls in their load out to group the adds when they spawn? For example as Fire I have Engulf, Backdraft, and sometimes Mesmerising Lasso (depending on the situation).

3. Does your tank use Chronometric Emitter consumables to stun the adds once they are nearby?

4. Does the DPS focus on killing the adds rather than stay DPSing the boss?

5. Does your group hide behind the pillars when Superman teleports to middle to do his Flare attack? Even in normal this can hit hard on those players with lower gear or artifacts.

6. Does anyone in your group lunge Superman when he does his Tornado Pull attack?

7. Does anyone in your group lunge Cyborg when he does his shield attack? (Hold square to lunge if PS)

I guess the issue is that some of this isn't taught very well in game. Unless you see a guide on YouTube you probably won't know that tanks usually use Chronos to stun adds, or that your supposed to lunge certain attacks to mitigate deadly mechanics. The Cyborg shield for example isn't arguably a clear tell that you should lunge as it isn't a block break.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I haven’t actually experienced a group wipe or even had the Cyborg statue kill me personally. I just keep the heck away from it. I just reported it because it seems disproportionately powerful in comparison to well, pretty much everything. That is all.

You mentioned that Super Flare can “potentially” kill some lower gear people but that just proves my point. The Cyborg statue, who isn’t even the boss and is never explained because it’s not even meant to be a central part of the fight, is indiscriminately murdering everyone within a few feet with zero fanfare. I just didn’t believe that is intentional.
  15. JConstantin3 New Player

Hey. Just posting while Im sitting 15 mins into waiting for a replacement tank for normal mode queued raid because our controller locked himself out of the superman fight, then the tank left at 20% because nobody was providing power and none of the people with a tank powerset would switch with an armory to finish the battle.

And here comes the disband vote

More tanks and more people with armories please, if you need to make tanking more fun and give out some events and quests for more free armories then do it.
    • Like x 1
  16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Still having a few instance issues from time to time. On EU PS5.

If I stand too close to stairs at any point especially if the camera is behind me and the stairs my instance glitches out and I can't see anything. This has been an issue since launch and occurs often in this boss if I am stood in this area, or close to any elevated part of the floor. Sometimes while evading orbitals and co-ordinating with group it is hard not to position myself and the camera this way.

This occurred after the hot fix last night. Before that this wasn't an issue for me and never has been in any run where I have done this particular boss fight.

I do experience some lag in this fight (that could be my internet connection), however the flickering and visual distortion is very distracting and at times frequent. It was fine after I relogged, but as I say this only occurred post-hotfix.

If others have this issue please let me know (especially the second one).

It could be an internet issue or perhaps something has corrupted in the last game update. That said this does not occur in any other content in DCUO that I have seen thus far, nor does this occur on any other game I play on my PS5. Maybe I need to re-install the game but that would take time.

These issues primarily concern Sixth Dimension raid.
    • Like x 2
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is anyone else experiencing massive lags/fps drops during this raid? For me its mainly the first boss. After 3 tries on first boss its almost impossible to tank with rage and i even use a Ps5. It cant be the hardware or connection. At least not my own.
    • Like x 2
  18. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

That first one needs to be fixed asap, and I'm shocked it hasn't been. It's horrible to deal with.
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Wondering if it is a PS only issue? From watching livestreams I don't see PC players have this problem.
  20. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

As far as what I've heard it is a PS issue.