Only Two Days Left for Season's Greedings?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Jan 2, 2022.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I thought the winter seasonal was continuing through Wednesday. Why is the warp messaging saying there are only two days left?
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Hopefully be lcause its done early and the journal missions will no longer be in my journal, the splash screen will stop popping up, and calculator will stop tryin to get me to participate lol
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They have to manually update the in-game timer each year, sometimes they forget to do that.
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in that. It's been wrong (both ways) before. I'd rest pretty easy it will be on till Thursday reset (although...no harm in trying to finish up today/tomorrow...just in case).
    • Like x 3
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The main issue is that my wife was trying to complete the 12 days of Larfleeze and made the mistake of trusting that the game was counting every time she found him and waited for him to complete the dance. It did not count at least three days for her, so she's now at 8/12 and needs the four days left to complete it.

It's too bad that feat hasn't been made easier to complete by just counting it multiple times per day.
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Um, it's called "The 12 DAYS of Larfleeze" for a reason. There is no need to change anything as it is designed to be just as it is named.
    • Like x 1
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I understand the spirit of it. Do you think they should at least fix it to make sure it counts every time instead of only some of the time?
    • Like x 1
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

If done properly, of course it should. But unfortunately, tech tends to not always play nice with us.

We've all been through it, you do everything exactly right and nothing happens. You do it over and over and still nothing, then all of a sudden it happens, and you have no idea why/how. Sometimes I feel there is some AI somewhere laughing at us foolish organics as it makes us dance for it.
    • Like x 3
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Understood, and it sucks she won't get it done, but we did have about 30 days to do it, so missing 3 shouldn't have mattered. She should have today, tomorrow, wed and thurs morning post loot reset to get 12. If not...easy feat next year with 1 day to go.

Oh, and for count feats....NEVER trust, always verify. This is why I wish we had a feat 'tracker' where we could highlight something so that as you find him, you'd either get a message 4/12 or 5/12 OR could go to 'feats' and have it at the top as a tracked one to easily check.

Good luck though, hopefully she'll make it.
    • Like x 2
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yeah, she didn't notice she still had the feat to do until last week when she saw she was at 5/12, so we were making sure to find him every day together the past six days (not counting today). That's how I know some didn't count because I was there and did the count in my head. She should be finished today, but the game must not have registered at least a few of the days.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It was always a feat where you had to wait for the onscreen prompt to pop up to let you know you spotted him. Any time I had to run that feat on a new character, I'd make sure I stayed in place while he gave the dialogue, danced, flew off and then got the onscreen update message.

In fact I just tried it on a storage character that didn't have the feat, and once the "Update: You Spotted Larfleeze!" message popped up on the right hand side of the screen, they got credit.
    • Like x 2
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I wonder what prevents the message from appearing then. I imagine that's the part she was missing. She said she always waited until he finished his dance and flew off, so something was preventing the last part.
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Unless the message hadnt popped an she peeled as he did.
    The message is separate. Its after he peels off
    • Like x 1
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

When I was finding him with my wife, I had to take great care to avoid getting too close to prevent stealing credit for it. I seem to recall that also being an issue.

I don't understand why the preoccupied villain/hero and seasonal encounters have to be so strict about how close a person is, who initiates, etc. As long as a person is present and gets close enough during the duration, it shouldn't matter if the person hangs out the whole time or was the one to start it.
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Shared credit when i did it last year.
    A group of 5 of us did it daily. We’d find him an everyone would pool up, we’d all go in at same time and when it was done (exactly 12 days later) we all popped the feat. U cant “steal” credit i dont think
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It shouldn't have mattered either if you were grouped. I've gotten this feat for several people, helping them find him on various days and THINK they always got credit if I hit him and they were grouped and in somewhat proximity.

Maybe they tightened the rules?
    • Like x 1
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It's strange that this is inconsistent. The Halloween event ended the day after the last day given in the date range. This one appears to be ending the day before/of the last day given.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As expected....it was off a day on the counter. That means the wifey still has today and just after reset tonight to find Larfleeze 2 more times...hopefully she's at 10 as of last night. Good luck.
    • Like x 2
  19. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Geez, Reinheld - 'wifey'?

I also got the message about it finishing yesterday (even got the hours countdown). Yet today I still have the missions listed and just picked up the Vault again. I did kinda give up on one alt doing the counting feats because of the impending end, as I thought, and rushed around to purchase everything I could before reset last night (last night = in Australia reset is 1 am, at present).

Add to that, the game locked 2 of my alts out of the vault, the first one was weeks ago, even though a lower CR storage alt could still do it - the ticket has not been answered, lol, although they did acknowledge receiving it. NOT brilliant management IMO.
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

Well, I referred to my ex as "Wiminz", so he's fine.