Stat Clamp Choice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by qECLIPSEp, Dec 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This was just the devs fixing something that wasn't broken while ignoring what is broken.
    • Like x 2
  2. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Sure, I totally get what you mean. But regardless of how small or large you or I assume that players in general want an option to be clamped doesn't change the fact that more in-game choice is always better than not, especially for the overall health and viability of the game's life.
    • Like x 1
  3. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Using my words in response to me? Classic deflection. Totally not surprised.

Look, I've been pretty specific already in plenty of my posts in these topics that already demonstrate people are dissatisfied with the stat clamp in its current iteration.
    So either you're just skimming through my comments or lacking comprehension (both?) but if you're unable or unwilling to grasp the points I've made then don't bother responding because it's a waste of your time and most importantly mine.
    • Like x 1
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

But you haven’t been specific in what exactly you’re struggling with since the stat clamp. Is it a specific instance, is it a mechanic, or is it getting a group together? There’s the other side that does enjoy the clamp. There’s no right or wrong here, but there’s also nothing new in this thread/conversation.

It’s harder than it was when it was unclamped, but the content is easier than it was at level.
    • Like x 2
  5. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I actually have been pretty specific plenty of times, here in this thread and the others previously.

Basically, it's a time issue and an accessibility issue.
    It takes too long to get people together for older, out-dated content or people just give up and people, plenty who've confirmed here on the forums as well as in-game, that they avoid older, out-dated content because of the stat clamp for a myriad of different reasons. And like you say, there is no right or wrong in this but there is certainly a lack of efficiency in terms of return on investment of a player's time.

It's definitely easier at the clamped level for sure so I will give you that, but that isn't enough. Here's a perfect example:

I queued up via omni for a raid. I ended up in one I knew nothing about. Everything is going ok up to the final boss, Talia Al Ghul. After 4 wipes, people bailed. I gave it one more try but it was more of the same. Then it ended with everyone bailing and that was it.

For me, it wasn't an issue of mechanics, the other players sucking or not being good enough, nah... none of that. It was simply nothing but a huge waste of my time; time I won't get back and could have been spent more productively somewhere else in game.

So what did I learn from this? Next time I queue up in omni and it's not something I'm familiar with I'm just going to take the deserter penalty. No reward or feat is worth the value of lost time in my opinion and definitely not for old content.

You can say I'm selfish and that's fine -it won't bother me. But give me an option to take on older content as my character is without the clamp and I would get so much more mileage out of what DCUO has to offer. And I'm not the only one who thinks this way either.
    • Like x 1
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Wanna take a shot for how many personal shots taken i can find throughout this thread.:p
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m gonna bet this was Bombshell Paradox.
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  9. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

It was the zoo one so if that's it then yep lol
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It was not the Zoo one. That’s a different one.
  11. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

All I know is it was one where players would be mind-controlled and we needed to stop the water supply from being contaminated.

It is funny to me how some of the older episodes are definitely more challenging than the more recent ones in comparison.
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

After four wipes you still couldn’t figure out the mechanics? Yet you say it’s not the mechanics…. Your own words say you que in a raid on omni not knowing anything about that raid and it was a big waste of time unless given the choice to steamroll older content. Is that correct because that’s what I’m getting from this post.
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

No one enjoys failure, but it offers the opportunity to improve/get better/overcome. Should you be guaranteed success? Why even queue up and run anything, why not just click on Steve Trevor and be given the rewards? Of course it’s an absurd suggestion…

If you learned to bypass a system, rather than to deal with the occasional failure…we’ll there’s 800 accounts that aren’t playing now because of something similar.
  14. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Where did I say I had an issue with the mechanics?

I couldn't carry the entire raid party as a dps despite putting out more damage overall and to the boss than the parry combined.
  15. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Sure, if it was new content and something I and others were doing for the first time -no problem. Old content that hardly anyone does anymore? To me that's not exactly the same thing. You may disagree and that's fine but I don't have the time nor desire to help people learn their roles and mechanics in instances, especially if they expect the group to carry them through it.
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You said you qued into a omni raid you knew nothing of and wiped four times then a fifth. Because you knew nothing of the raid and wiped so many times you rather steamroll that content without stat clamp. Just clarifying.
  17. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Sorry, but I know what you're coyly trying to presuppose. Nice try.

In any case, I'm a fast learner. Besides, compared to salvage in FFXIV, regular content in DCUO isn't hard to figure out. Plus, there's Google...
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If that choice means the player base being separated from one another or not learning content mechanics because high CR players can just overpower the obstacles, there's a strong argument to be made that that particular choice isn't good for the overall health and viability of the game. And both are likely outcomes to offering a choice between running clamped and unclamped.
    • Like x 4
  19. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Classic Catastroflare
  20. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

No. You're reading too deeply into it. Like I said before, more choices is not detrimental to the game's health if players are already going to fail at mechanics, penalizing everyone for that is not equitable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.