Sub?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Leloes, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Trykz Dedicated Player

Was the cash cap removed for free to play too?
  2. fm0987 Committed Player

I think it’s 80k now or something like that? Not 100%
    • Like x 2
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Subbing is the best way to trying out new powers, maxing out your artifacts and buying Marketplace stuff (Like inventory slots, bank slots) if you don't have them already. If you don't care about that stuff (I mean, you should, but not everyone plays the game for the same reasons) then don't sub, if you do, try it out.

The sub pays itself pretty easily, it's the best deal in the game, but again, up to what you want for gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  4. Leloes Well-Known Player

Hmmm...sounds like I will be subbing after the first of the year!
    • Like x 1
  5. Akaiko Well-Known Player

Free has a cash cap of $50,000.
    Premium has no cap along with members.
    • Like x 2
  6. Trykz Dedicated Player

That reason alone is worth spending the $5 for sure
    • Like x 2
  7. Leloes Well-Known Player

It sounds, to me, like I would get more out of being subbed than to not be subbed. And next month isn't that far away!
  8. Apollo Starr Active Player

Personally, I would spend $5 on something you want. That way you get unlimited cash and 6 characters. It will not impede your ability to play the game as everything else is open. I was subbed for 10 years but find that being premium is great with the unlimited cash and content. Then you can decide on your own wether it is worth $15 a month. But if you do sub for a month January is a good time with the anniversary awards. I may sub later in January, depending on the legendary rewards, for one month. As a long time player, I personally don’t see a reason to stay subbed. As a new player, it may benefit you to have the extra nth metal, etc. Go premium and then sub if you like it. As long as you sub by the end of the month you will get all of the rewards anyways. Good luck.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Player

Well, as long as I spend my money carefully I'm fine. So I probably will sub.
    • Like x 2
  10. Apollo Starr Active Player

I hope you enjoy the game as much as I did when I started. There is a lot of history and content to go through. Welcome to DCUO and enjoy the trip.
  11. Wallachia Devoted Player

Yes, unless you are a dom.

Wait, what was the question again?
    • Like x 2
  12. Leloes Well-Known Player

Thanks! I used to play EQ2 so I'm sure it will be a fun journey!
    • Like x 1
  13. Trykz Dedicated Player

A good league can help in a lot of different ways, whether you sub or not, i would suggest going through the recruitment thread and finding something that fits your personality:)
  14. Leloes Well-Known Player

League?
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Guilds are called 'Leagues' in this game. If you get in a decent league you'll get stat bonuses and players to assist you.
    • Like x 1
  16. Leloes Well-Known Player

Oh, I see. I don't usually join a guild because I have a great deal of difficulty keeping up with others. It ends up causing problems they get frustrated and it just leads to problems.
    • Like x 1
  17. Trykz Dedicated Player

Sorry that’s been your experience, we’d love to have you in War Party then. We can help you without pushing you beyond where you’re comfortable at!
    If you’re on us PlayStation or PC server hit me up in game, my name is “Trickz” just add me to your friends list and send me a “tell” if you ever decide you want to give a league a shot :)
  18. Leloes Well-Known Player

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I'll think about it.:D
    • Like x 1