Dev Discussion Episode 42: The Sixth Dimension (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Quixotic Developer

Welcome to Episode!

This is the place for feedback and other comments about 42's raid - The Sixth Dimension. Let us know if you run into any bugs or don't understand how to react to boss mechanics or anything else that seems out of whack.

- Quixotic
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

When will this raid be cross faction?
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Next hotfix. Looks like that detail got missed.
    • Like x 2
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Yesterday I ran both the regular and elite Stage 1 versions of this raid. Nicely done and the difficulty is about right considering harder stages are coming. Not too easy or too hard.

Platform: PS5
    Server: EU

Sometimes in first boss the instance glitches out, kinda similar to how the Wonderverse alert Atlantis section was when Wonderverse went live. It may be a console only issue.

In addition it seems to be more likely to occur towards the latter add waves, just before Warden Lois Lane appears in the fight.

It could be where I'm stood, as the camera would be close to the elevated part of the room, up the stairs.

Not a major bug, but seems to be a recurrent minor audio issue in most content Quixotic has done in the last couple years. I don't encounter this with content by other developers on the team strangely.

At one point in the middle of a fight there is this strange audio feedback that occurs. Again not a game breaking issue but thought I would flag this up as well.

Otherwise nicely done with this raid! I will continue to look out and see if there are other issues.
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

For the Art Preservation Society (Elite (Standard)) feat, Green Arrow, Hawkgirl and The Flash do not contribute to the feat.

I have found this issue on the EU server and several friends and league mates have also ran into this problem.

I can post an unlisted video if required.
  6. Quixotic Developer

Found the cause. Should be fixed in an upcoming hotfix.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  7. Yaiba Committed Player

Elite version:
    . Clown box can be used to escape the bubble in third boss fight, is this intended?
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

Did you increase the push back world forger does today or something? Seems like every two second he was knocking me back into a pool lol. He hadn’t seem to be that annoying with it at any completion before.
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Thank you!

I'm also still having the instance issue I posted previously about. I'm wondering if its related to Mental's Invisibility as I don't know if others are having this issue.

I will investigate further.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Just to confirm it isn't tied to invisibility. Most likely to happen if the player is positioned near stairs or other elevated part of the room. Can also happen at any point of the fight or while in the room.

EU PS5.

If anyone else gets this issue please can you like this post.
  11. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Is possible to make the blue puddles on 3rd boss purple or something?
    As it is, is quite hard to see.
  12. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Bug report:

The Sixth Dimension Elite (Substantial) - Superman Fight

It was one of usual attempts and in one of these attempts our group wiped while he was like 50% and suddenly boss disappeared and we "beat" the boss, cutscene roll and we proceed to World Forger fight.
    • Like x 1
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can the name of the Qwardian officer at the last boss be changed to Qwardian Sniper?

Its basically just a sniper like in the fights before, but because of the differnet name its hard to notice it has the same abilities. :)
    • Like x 1
  14. BugReporter2000 Active Player

Elite Raid (Stage 4)
    • BOTH Tanks can be handcuffed at the same time. Plus Troller is out in cage. HOW ARE TANKS SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE?
    • Like x 1
  15. BugReporter2000 Active Player

Elite Raid (Stage 4)
    • Superman Fight: Flash teleported out of fight. Boss fight can not be finished.
    • Like x 2
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please add more failsaves to statues spawning outside of the boss room dueing the Superman fight. We just had one Flash statue spawn outside of the bossroom during stage 4, making it impossible to finish the fight. Very unfortunate and avoidable. It happened only once in 8 attempts, so i guess its not a major issue in order to pass the boss but it still shouldnt happen.
    • Like x 1
  17. BugReporter2000 Active Player

Elite Raid (General)
    • Lois Wayne Fight: When i pull adds (as atomic tank) they still run to other players, right after spawn. Can not pull aggro in the first few seconds of spawn.
    • Like x 1
  18. BugReporter2000 Active Player

Elite Raid (Feat):
    How's the Feat "Sideways" supposed to work? The description is unclear. We've tried that 2 ppl are trapped outside, while we defeat the boss. But hasn't worked.
    • Like x 1
  19. BugReporter2000 Active Player

Few more Details u should look into:
    • World Forger: Parademon Add doesn't lose his shield for minutes.
    • Superman: Tornado Pull kills ppl in less than 0,5sec. No Time to react for lunge at all.
    • It's a pain in the ... to kite Superman in S5 as atomic Tank. With only 1 hit he destroys my whole shield + health. Maxed Aug/Arti/etc.
    • Superman: The mirrors are completely messed up... they often spawn at the same time superman does his laser.
    • Like x 1
  20. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Elite Stage 5: The amount of effort we put into completing this is tremendous. Its hard, its sometimes rng but most importantly its fun. I had great fun attempting stage 5 in any role.

The only problem i'm seeing is, that there is no real motivation in order to complete it. There are two 10P feats tied to stage 5 and thats it. You get a total of 20 marks wich isnt worth the effort at all in my opinion. On that level of difficulty it should reward somewhere around 25 marks to make up for the time spent.

Besides having on 1st boss not 2 tanks at the sime time in handcuffs and having mirrors always spawn before superman starts the beam, i wouldnt want anything to change in terms of balancing. The enemies' health is fine and the damage output of the bosses is massive but managable.

This is actually competing with FGS E in my personal favorite raid tier list. Just great. :)
    • Like x 3