What's The Point?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BYSIS, Dec 25, 2021.

1. BYSIS Well-Known Player

I'm new to these forums, and I'm beginning to learn something...

You see, I'm all for sharing ideas and causing discussions related to how the game could be better, or about changing things and/or updating things in the game. But in all honesty, what's the point? Has there actually been recorded events where someone made a thread regarding an idea or something regarding the game, and it got applied to the game? I'm just wondering, cuz if not, then why even bother making threads of things you wish you'd see in the game when the only one that'll hear or care, are the ones who don't have the means to make it actually happen? Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm kinda new to these forums.
  2. Eve YouTuber

Sometimes ideas does get taken. Charon chimed in to one of my threads about Base Items vendor and asked me and others who discussed there who we would like to see as the Iconic handling the vendor, he liked the idea and said It's definitely possible, but probably not a priority as it didn't happen yet.

You will probably notice it over time and be like "Hey I had the exact same suggestion on the forums!" I felt that with them adding Thanagar Open world lol. They do listen, but they do what they think is right for the game and trying to please popular requests (Mostly styles) with DC's permission. Every little thing the Devs add to the game or think of adding, goes through DC themselves.

I believe Mepps also notes requests (He mentioned it a couple times) to present to the team. So you are definitely heard, but nothing is guaranteed.
    • Like x 6
  3. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

imho, nope. having many creative directors over time. Many owners/financial situations. Appeal to a venture capitalist with an unrealized gain of an IP license(s) with past intent to make good on the IP, which they wanted the studio to slap onto a genre that is popular to rake in cash, that will not happen. [IMG]
    IPs like to be WOW, but will never be WOW. Still they'll get some from minimal effort/incompleteness due to IP and parents buying gifts? Don't let your unaware parents spend badly.

back to topic, wtf, u're on the internet and think you have a voice to change a company with employees? :oops::rolleyes:
    hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Creative ideas, not so much. Those are largely limited by IP rules from WB, and there's already mostly a direction to the plot and the direction. Likewise game balance - something has to be flatly dysfunctional or outright broken to be addressed as a direct result of player request, sometimes not even then (like Aggressive Protection *still* not working, for example).

Suggestions regarding functionality and QOL - that stuff actually gets listened to fairly frequently. Recent changes to stacking and tradability of seasonal boost consumables; stacking of certain items like the Quicklime and Doomsday probiotic, for example, those were direct player observations. Bug report submission is in the same category.
    • Like x 10
  5. zNot Loyal Player

Yes one example would be the adjustable difficulty for elite raids which was requested and implemented shortly after
    • Like x 5
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think something folks have to keep in mind is that while we as players can and do have all sorts of ideas of stuff that would be neat to have added to the game, the devs have their own ideas as well. Sometimes our ideas coincide and mesh well. Other times, not so much.

What also doesn't help is that some players get so wedded to their ideas and are utterly convinced that it's THE thing that will bring DCUO to new and never-before-seen levels of greatness that they won't allow for any analysis or criticism (even the constructive kind) of their ideas and lash out when the idea is questioned.
    • Like x 9
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ive wanted the stat clamp, and a overhauled subscription model, and i got both.
    • Like x 7
  8. Frozt_Bite_Batonz New Player

Really? from what I've been experienced thru video game forums...
    DCUO is one of the most reliable game that DEVs actually listen to what customer says
    on bugs, exploits, new suggestions, ideas...

if you ever played 2k games, EA, Blizzard, or any other, AND check there forums or reddit,
    Dev teams in those hardly listen to what people say :p (or even have an official Discord channel with devs in it and talk each other)
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I believe God hears all the prayers... even if sometimes then answer is.....

No.

Love that line from Morgan Freeman in Deep Impact. ;)

But that also applies well to the Devs.
    They see the comments we make... and sometimes.... sometimes.... we will have some influence.

The latest example of that is the Allies.
    People were not happy about the price..... or that you had to buy them on the Marketplace....
    Said as much on the Forums... and the Allies were adjusted to be redeemable on all characters.... and they were also added to the Cyborg vendor in House of Legends.

They do listen go feedback and suggestions....... sometimes.

But we sadly cannot expect them to listen to every suggestions.....
    • Like x 3
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

So the Clamp is your fault??

Guess we will have no choice but send Elite Ninja Assassins after you in game.

Luckily I have the Eastern Lair.... so I do have access to some Ninja Back-Ups. ;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

Well more like cried, btchd n moaned about it;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Trykz Dedicated Player

I can think of several times players initiated change in the game.
    It’s rare, but not ultra rare.
  13. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I had at least 3 of my requests implemented, even if not directly because I asked for them.
    1) Free episodes and membership upgrade focused on bonus stuff for members instead of access to features
    2) The ability to trade items such as materials from old vendors (This was actually implemented 1 week after I asked for it)
    3) In-game seals of preservation

Another thing people been asking a lot and got implemented was a hero/villain pub (although I dont think the Hol is working well for that purpose). There were multiple others QoL stuff implemented, not to mention the styles that are almost always implemented or at least put on the wait list..And I'm just talking on this last year stuff that I remember and particpated on the discussions.

What they don't usually impelement is mechanics and storylines/locations. And remember some things take much more resources and money than we think, so not everything people ask can be put in-game
    • Like x 3
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

A Ninja never cries.

It's forbidden. ;)
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Only for Pua Magasiva
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The short answer is...yes, it has happened.

The longer answer is: They do read what the community writes and suggests. A lot of changes have happened in the game because of these threads. However, not everything is feasible or remotely possible to implement. In other cases, it takes a significant amount of time get things set in motion for a variety of reasons.

One example is the changes to Membership which happened earlier this year. Another GREAT example: the fact that you can run content, earn marks and then use those marks to buy best-in-slot gear from a vendor (which gives YOU control of your progress), instead of relying on good luck to ever complete a set before a new DLC/Episode came out (and for some people, that meant years before they got certain pieces). That was brought about through discussions right here on the forums.

There are plenty of other examples out there. The main thing to take from this is that it is not completely pointless, even if it does feel that way some days. Nothing in this world happens at the snap of a finger, and despite our own personal feelings, not all ideas are actually good or worth implementing. That being said, they do listen (which is not synonymous with "make things happen cause we said it's a great idea"), and things we ask for do get implemented or fixed.
    • Like x 10
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes. Thousands and thousands of times.
    • Like x 13
  18. Rejchadar Inquisitor

[IMG]

:p
  19. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

* looks at the link in my bio that has 10+ upvotes and even more discussion in the thread thats linked inside.
  20. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Lol thanks. I just be hearing Sooooooooooi much complaints that "the devs never listen to us" and "The devs only care about their ideas". So I was just wondering if that's the case, then why create threads and share ideas that will never happen? Nuffin is wrong with having a dream, but dreams are only that... Dreams. And nuffin more than tht. Thank you for all of y'all input on this question of mine. I honestly don't mean no harm to anyone at all. Just wanted to ask.
    • Like x 1