If you eog as a dps..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Trykz, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Trykz Dedicated Player

Cool, but don’t throw that thing under a stronger dps, steal 20% of his damage, then think you’re good.
    You’re not.
    If you are weaker and just trying to keep up, I got no issues with that.
    If you are in a league run and you’re all standing in them even better.
    But if you’re pugging and trying to snipe damage with eog AND you’re bragging
    About dps numbers, you’re basically trash in my book.
    /rant
    • Like x 4
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I pick out the strongest DPS and throw it under that person to boost my damage, but I do so thinking about how much more efficient it makes the group as a whole. I care more about my numbers in terms of how well I'm contributing to the group, not whether I'm top. If I end up at the top, that's just gravy.

I also only have my artifacts in the 100-120 range, and my skill points are at around 250, so I need all the help I can get. ;);) And yes, I know all of this means I don't apply to your rant other than the part where you talk about weaker players. I resemble that remark.
    • Like x 7
  3. Trykz Dedicated Player

Yea I totally get doing it and it being beneficial, especially to those with weaker dps.
    Its just the people who start talking that smack like their dcuo gods when they’re using EOG that annoy the piss outta me lol.
    • Like x 2
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Gloating to strangers never appealed to me. My friends and I would have damage competitions amongst ourselves, but that was all in good fun, and it pushed me to get better at finding a good rotation to maximize my powers. I don't care in groups where I don't know Jack from Jill as long as I'm not feeling like dead weight.
    • Like x 2
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Eog is a lame form of dpsing anyway. People will do dps comps and just sit in greens all day and spam supercharges lol, it’s just hand held dpsing
    • Like x 2
  6. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

What does EOG mean?
  7. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Egg of Goop. Comes in Jade and Rose Quartz flavour, though it seems like the green one is more popular.
    You'd want to clean the one you've got from Constantine unless you're into it.

Original comic from: https://waitingforthet.tumblr.com/day/2021/10/29
    [IMG]

tbh I thought this thread is gonna be about "Healers" who spam EoG but is DPS in every other aspect...
    • Like x 3
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Eye of Gemini.
    • Like x 1
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

If i see soMeone come to me an drop one, theres basically 2 options:
    1) if they werent talkin s*** then i make sure to buff their numbers as much as possible to help the group
    2) if they were talkin s*** then i just move.

When 2, usually at end of instance they run their mouth about they woulda out damaged me if i stayed in their EoG.
    I usually say “sure, if i were doing 1/2 your damage for you then you prob would have lmfao”.

All kidding aside, thats what i dont like about it as a dps artifact. I like to observe an what i mostpy see is dps’s run from it. I assume out of fear they will fall on the scorecard. Which is an incredibly dumb reason to scatter but hey, its fun to watch haha
    • Like x 3
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I don't mind when someone drops it under me, as long as they don't run their chops about how much damage they (think) they did. If someone in group is using it, I'll even hit berserk as soon as it drops just to boost the damage being done. As soon as they start bragging, I'll avoid them like the plaque.
    • Like x 4
  11. Trykz Dedicated Player

+1
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Theres a solution.

Use Rank 200 EoG and hit 'em with the UNO reverse card by gaining 5% dps stats as hes using his EoG. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  13. Trykz Dedicated Player

Lmao
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just to clarify one thing. EoG doesn’t steal damage. The users damage is boosted by those near by. I never understood people who run away from red circles. You’re losing damage bu stoping your attacks to move away. If I see a red circle I purposely try to stand near them to boost them. I don’t even care if they gloat about their damage. Just shows me who to add to ignore. At the end of the day I care about if the content was finished.
    • Like x 7
  15. Trykz Dedicated Player

Eh nothing wrong with being competitive in pugs.
    Keeps the game interesting. If I only cared about completing content I’d just tank all the time, best way to guarantee a win in my experience.
    Not saying you’re wrong, but this is why people care lol, because some get real competitive (stupid or not lol) chasing that scoreboard, but I’m sure you already know that lol.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

This is a thing? I don't think I know anyone who uses EOG for DPS.

To be honest, if you are using my damage to buff yours, you do you boo. We made it through the content and I'll probably not see you again anytime soon.
    • Like x 6
  17. Trykz Dedicated Player

Eog sniping is definitely a thing lol.
    Watch em run all the way across the room to drop their **** under you lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Sounds like a good strategy but yeah bragging about it is dumb. Reminds me of how mentals use reflect in duels and then brag about how badly they "beat" you with their "massive" damage afterward. Like bruh I killed myself shut up lolol
    • Like x 4
  19. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Thank you. There are so many abbreviations in this game that most of the time I have absolutely no idea what people are saying. And some have multiple abbreviations for the same thing. Its very confusing.
    • Like x 4
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I know, right? It's like EOG for DPS, OMG WTF? ;)
    • Like x 4