Some lack of features in this game make it looks like it was made by amateurs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Why we only have a forward button in this and not a back button? How did the QA team let it through?

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This feature is relatively new to the game. Not making an excuse but just pointing out it's an improvement to what we didn't have.
    • Like x 6
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Making it foward only is easier, but in fact it shouldnt be a lot of work to make a back button.

Another question I ask myself is why the label is so small. Its not a big issue but a bit unpleasant.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

making it going back is even easier. If they used an list/array of elements and each index of it is an tab, going forward is just going +1 in the array and backwards would be a -1, like damn...
    • Like x 3
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Stop telling people how software works. It's supposed to remain a mystery. ;)
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

Whenever I see the UI I see it through the lens of mouse/keyboard so the obvious for me would be a back button as well as turning the control into a combo so you can just select.

How does the controller work for this? Do you just navigate up using the joystick and then left to go forward? If so then a back button really should have been considered. Although as above, it's likely an array it is possible that it's not an array of arrays but instead a single array and the forward is getting a sub-set from a specific index for a specific count. Even in that case though it should be easy enough to go backward though it would depend on how the offsets are determined.
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Controller uses the Right Trigger to move forward. Essentially, we would have it programmed to use the Left Trigger button but Im guessing there was an issue with the coding to allow it and they will work on it when they time. Doesnt seem to be an immediate need to work on but certainly hope it isnt forgotten either.

Also, even regarding the UI. Some definitely have mistakes and a lot of it needs updating. Show a little respect please. As someone who does Coding and is currently learning UX/UI, it isnt easy and certainly not lazy. The Dev(s) could have easily given us no option to move between Categories. While we dont have a back button, a forward button for now is just fine.
    • Like x 2
  8. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

Hey that's a perty nifty trick you did with the screen shot. Tell me, What is the command code to, "save file" before we exit DCUO? I asked trade chat but they said,"alt+control+delete. Well back to writing COBOL.... Adios Scrub Do we need a internet connection to play DCU online?
  9. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

3rd owner, how many creative directors?
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG]
    current one???? SOE, Daybreak Game Company under.... sanctiooned companies, no, maybe some persons, nope. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...-changes-its-tune-on-its-russian-affiliation/

Yeah, the game has systems of the network of assets.... it's complicated. circa 2007. pre DCUO launch [IMG] ..... SOE...... origins..... what kind of a file system did they use???? I think that no original assets exist independently from the likely current state of being compressed. I have no idea if an individual asset can be extracted from a compressed file to a new engine. If that were possible, that'd be great. Software companies are not usually very accommodating. It's what lead to the everyone buy the subscription model currently being used. Verify purchase is good and all, but pay for updates? ya crossed a line there. Perhaps I'm able to complete the task with the curent version, as long as the Pc is offline and not creating Help apps in the background seen with task manager supposedly for customer feedback. Adobe! cut that **** out!
    • Like x 1
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  11. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

Funny. I think the creative team is still doing a great job minimizing the use of Excel.
    see below for further details

12. tukuan Devoted Player

Not, sure if that was directed at me, the OP or the population in general.

Regardless I'll state for the record that I agree and didn't mean to be disrespectful. Actually I was trying to show a little empathy (the core UI/UX principle as I'm sure you know). My comment specifically was that I tend to have an eye on a mouse/keyboard combination for inputs so certain things I see as logical are less viable as they have to develop for the larger controller based population which is always going to be limited in comparison.
  13. tukuan Devoted Player

Lol, I hope you're happy I almost had a PTSD outburst at the mention of COBOL. Could have been worse you could have brought up Fortran or assembly...
  14. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

I'm a dev too, both for Android and Python, and I do my own UI. Have you tried to make a UI for Android? It sometimes a nightmare.
  15. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

I play in window mode, and I use Windows Snipping Tool