Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

You call a cash grab thriving? FFXIV thriving, Eso thriving this is a game thats getting everything it can while it can it has no real long term plans.
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

By all means, link to a court filing of a successful suit of a game company for banning.

I'll be right over here, with my popcorn.
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yes, your assertions certainly beat the numbers anyone can see in the game in the phase shifter: generally a couple of thousand people on at any given daytime hours.
  4. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

The number that's reported by many outlets is about one thousand players at a given time. If you call that thriving in any form then you have no clue or care about the best interest in the game your playing.
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Ironically enough, players who get banned for CHOOSING to break the TOS by exploiting a bug need to quit whining about it and take ownership of their own mistake.
    • Like x 7
  6. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

As I stated in my original post I don't support exploits but at some point this game has to do better and some players need to get off they high horse after ten years of being around ive seen it all from the Khan door glitch to brother eye not being about to target players if you standing in a certain spot, To throwing light weights in nexus to whip glitching in wave this game has had countless glitches and bugs but they ban when they don't test properly and people glitch they money making system... At some point you have to admit thats wild. I have high hopes for the marvel mmo thats being worked on but I hope it isn't lead by this dev team.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They can't sue, they violated the Terms of Service.
    • Like x 4
  8. Hurtyman Active Player

A. Most lawsuits are settled out of court for various reasons.
    B. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't.
    C. The suit wouldn't have to be about being banned per se. It could be about Daybreak's inability or unwillingness to enforce its rules of conduct for example. I see massive amounts of profanity, and homophobia in chat every day rule #2.)
    D. If you had been paying attention, I pointed out that someone could use the courts to make it cost DCUO more than the ban would be worth as a warning to others.

Enjoy your popcorn for whatever that's worth.
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

And pigs might fly out my ****.

"Anything could happen so therefore this would happen!"

Right.

Again: never happened in the history of the human race, but it could! Because reasons!

You've clearly never had a day of law school in your life, which makes your pronouncements on what could happen legally 100% worthless. Prove me wrong by citing an actual relevant judicial decision.

[ quote] D. If you had been paying attention, I pointed out that someone could use the courts to make it cost DCUO more than the ban would be worth as a warning to others. [/quote] I paid attention. But I was laughing too hard to respond.

Law is all about precedent. You can cite zero precedent. Because your claims are complete and utter and absolute 100% nonsense and you have no idea what you're talking about.

But, again: prove me wrong by citing any actually relevant cases.

Failure to do so demonstrates that you can't.
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Dude. Nobody has to rely on "reporting." You can use YOUR OWN EYES to look at the live population counts via the phase shifting mechanic.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tolly Committed Player

Isn't it already a big punishment to suspend his account for 21 days, without knowing if he will be permanently banned or finally released? Imagine, imagine the morale of this player who holds to his account, imagine the morale he may have in this festive period.

It is perhaps even more cruel than the act committed, some will perhaps laugh at this.

What he hasn't said yet is that when the devs see money in a game, the players only see a game!
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This is only being punished because they cheated in the first place. They got caught, they get banned. That prevents those players from cheating going forward and earns a little bit of trust with those of us who have been here FOREVER watching people walk away from any meaningful repercussion of that cheating, and it removes the part of the playerbase likely to exploit whatever bug occurs next.

"Think of the feelings that the people who knowingly and openly exploited a bug to circumvent thousands of hours of grinding!"

No. I've been here arguing for lessened prices, more Nth metal access (which happened), and alternative means of obtaining Marketplace only Catalysts (which also, FINALLY happened) for a couple years now, and I'm not the only one - I know which side of what fences I'm on, so I don't feel the least bit of sorrow for the folks who decided "I'mma grab it and go", instead of just participating in that discussion in the first place.

I didn't see 800 likes when I asked for more Nth metal as a Subscriber benefit, but 800 people decided it was okay to throw it in their pocket and walk away - well, they can keep walking.
    • Like x 7
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Cheating the game and playing the game are two different things. I hope there's a name reclaim coming up, I hear some names are getting freed up. ;)
    • Like x 7
  14. Tolly Committed Player

If a studio considers such a procedure and the rumour spreads on the net, I think it will make players twice as afraid to come to your game and the people will most certainly be virulent towards the studio through social networks, very influential nowadays ^^
  15. Proxystar #Perception

lol at the talk of actual lawsuits.
    • Like x 7
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Suing itself? That's almost as plausible as the OP's insistence that somehow a lawsuit against a game studio will arise in future years, for unstated reasons, and win, despite no precedent existing.

How is Daybreak going to "consider" suing itself, and why would it do that, exactly?

Or did you not follow that the commenter you're replying to is discussing non-existent grounds for players suing Daybreak (because reasons)?
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]

DCUO took note.
  18. Hurtyman Active Player

You've clearly not met many lawyers. You make the mistake of thinking entirely in terms of a case's merits instead of an attorney's willingness to argue a losing case on the possibility he could get lucky and beat the odds against them.

What you're talking about is the English Common Law system, and that doesn't even apply to every state in the U.S.. Louisiana still uses the Napoleonic Code. Most of the world uses some version of Statute Law so if someone from say Germany or France sues, you don't need precedent. BTW, that was ninth grade civics kicking in.
  19. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

I doubt we will see anymore charity benefits at the mall anytime soon too. When was the last time the former community manager was on twitch except on audio? I guess the Syd Barrett wannabe in their mama's basement is coming to a close so its time to batten all the hatches and replace the broken storm windows derp. Every time I see the word sue in a game forum i chuckle and think "sissy"

20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Oh! Oh! Oh! Won't somebody think of the poor cheats? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.