Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

I publicly posted about Snow Owl because he came here and responded himself publicly, if other people have discussed it in private with the developers then in that regard I'm sure the developers may use their own discretion in that case.

Certainly don't interpret my post about Snow Owl to extend to everyone that used this exploit, some other players don't even seem remorseful. :)
    • Like x 5
  2. Dene Devoted Player

I genuinely believe you'll be back.. I know that it would hella frustrating right now but I believe you will be back.. I hope Mepps sees Proxy's reply and gets ppl to look into it for you

They very clearly said they are going to review things more thoroughly.. noone has been perma banned yet. To insinuate (whether you meant it that way or not) that the devs are going to cause suicides over this is WAY over the top and, to be blunt, just plain scary & rude
    • Like x 2
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I dunno, I was super peeved to lose the leveling tab for the days that this mess was going on for so I'm definitely not going to forget it anytime soon. I mean asking for some leniency for the players who made the mistake of trying to ripoff Daybreak during a glitch is one thing. Acting like it was no big thing and us as the overall playing community wasn't effected at all? Um no. You're also not making a great case for your side if that's your game, just saying
    • Like x 2
  4. Mr.W Committed Player

Not everyone but im sure there are others remorseful like snow
  5. Proxystar #Perception

like snow is probably a stretch :p
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Certainly expressing remorse, regret, apologies, and explanations about one's errors, if sincere, is a better response than offering defensive rationalizations and aggressive counterattacks on people.

"I made an error and I apologize and ask for forgiveness" goes down far better than "I did nothing wrong, everyone but me bears blame for what I did, and anyone who says otherwise is a stupid poopyhead!"

As a rule.
    • Like x 7
  7. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

While I don’t support cheating abusing exploits I really have to question if this Game in its current state can handle a player base blow of that magnitude.
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Tough choice... lose a bunch of cheats, or let them steal from you (and, potentially, drive a greater number of honest players away).
    • Like x 7
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes that's not a huge number out of ~410,000+ active accounts. Some of those 800 accounts were dummy accounts.
    • Like x 3
  10. Hurtyman Active Player

There's also the added possibility for banned players suing. If they've put thousands of dollars into this game, and are banned over an arbitrarily defined transgression, they can certainly find a lawyer to shake money out of $7 Billion parent company. The scolds on this forum like to talk about how the real world has consequences. and this would be one of them.

I'll sit and wait for the personal attacks, and whatever clever soul to edit my quote to subvert it, and brilliantly say "There! Fixed it."
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

A $7 billion company can probably afford a better lawyer.
    • Like x 3
  12. thedemonocus Loyal Player

You can't sue a mmo because you got banned for cheating/exploiting ,you would be laughed out of court if the case even got that far.
    • Like x 5
  13. Hurtyman Active Player

They most certainly could, but would they want to shell out that kind of money? Some bog standard attorney would file the paperwork on a contingency basis just because it wouldn't be worth it to a large company not to settle, or better yet, not show up to a courthouse so the plaintiff gets a default judgement. If EG7's lawyers are that good, they would say it's in the best interest of their client not to do anything actionable.
  14. Hurtyman Active Player

Are you sure about that because there have been suits brought and won over a lot less, and lawyers are going to lawyer.
  15. thedemonocus Loyal Player

16. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

If (the generic) 'you' break their rules of conduct and get banned, regardless of the real life cash you've spent and whetther you've read them or not, well then I guess it sucks to be you.

That said, I'll attempt to save you from losing any real life cash in a feeble attempt to pursue any legal action. Here's a link for their rules of conduct, I suggest you read the capitalised section at the top, then skip to 13.

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231138488-What-are-the-Rules-of-Conduct-for-DCUO-
    • Like x 1
  17. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

Same issue dcuo has had for years the missing of a larger impact say you played with some that used the exploit most players play mmos for the friends they meet some of those who are banned may be part of a reason others who are paying buying things still play.
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yes, when the game is thriving more than ever with at least a thousand or two players on at a given moment, how could it possibly survive? Tis a puzzle!
    • Like x 2
  19. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

They need to instead look at other mmos and work on better testing to prevent these things from happening, take ownership of your own mistakes.
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Right, because in the history of the world, zero people have ever sued a game company over a ban and won. So that's entirely plausible.

But you go right ahead, and sue! Best of luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.