Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentiency Well-Known Player

If that were the case people wouldn’t be complaining the game is dead because a measly 800 exploiters got banned. Clearly *some* people are leaving.
  2. zNot Loyal Player

So the next time a glitch comes out and first offernders do it u will say the same? If these people get unbanned u can be sure next glitch will be more intense because people will see how they would unbann later on anyway.
    • Like x 2
  3. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

^^ This.

Actually this IS the next big glitch following stabilizers and if Daybreak/Dimensional Ink don't punish this behaviour, then they are authorising it. Which is why I'll be gone if they don't.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mr.W Committed Player

I feel like in this particular situation it's ok to give (first offenders) a second chance & here's why.

1) no money has actually been lost by the company. Anything gained can be reverted back like how one person claimed they stripped gear & feats from ppl who abused throne.

2) A strong example will still be set because (repeat) offenders won't be able to come back. & even first offenders are already being punished as we speak b/c they can't play for a nearly a month.

3) Most ppl who make bad decisions in life will do their best to do better if given another chance b/c they regret the past & possible consequences that did/can happen.

4) Most ppl will consider making better choices on the game because they wouldn't wont to loose an account they had for a while.
    • Like x 1
  5. Tolly Committed Player

reasoning so stupid to think like that, people have only climbed artifacts faster with things they had obtained by playing legally, it simply allowed them to have more positive artifacts to have a chance to better perform instances for them as well as for you (YOU, the community), it doesn’t allow them to have 100% success in everything given that they need other players for most of the things to do in the game, how would you need to quit the game for that? This is really the stupidest thing to expect and more than one player has most certainly enjoyed this without knowing it when his players were present at that time.

There’s no reason to scream cheating in there, it’s just a simple boost story, plus the artifacts only affect the PVE, it doesn’t affect the pvp.

One thing to understand in all this, the devs performed a "magic action", which allowed to pass all the ranks, whatever, the rank(s) to which the player was stuck on his or her artifact(s).

The players could not pass the ranks with the bug, they had to pass the ranks of artifacts as usual, but also the other ranks to follow according to the xp that the player could give to his artifact or artifacts, So the devs are just as much an accomplice of what happened, an accomplice most likely without their knowledge, but despite everything being an accomplice of what happened, the devs have especially made the biggest part of it, if devs had not made this "magic wand" shot. the players would still have to compensate them to pass, according to me devs did the biggest in all this
  6. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

1) Exploiting a system that lets you ramp up your gear to max with no real cash spent and in MINUTES to boot, that's a shed-load of money lost to Daybreak/DI. Before you say you can go freeplay, that route as far as time investment is probably THOUSANDS of times longer, literally. It's a MASSIVE slap in the face to honest people who, y'know actually spend cash and/or time doing it.

2) Allowing cheats and exploiters back is simply saying "Hey, it's OK" /wristslap. You will absolutely get those who will do it again 'cause they got off last time and/or just don't give a hoot about consequences. The there's those who thought about it this time and didn't follow through, if punishment is a mere 21 days (laughable punishment), they'll probably be less likley to refrain next time for FOMO.

3) Can't argue with the bad decisions bit, but accept your punishment. Cry about it if you want. Life lessons, yo!

4) Pure speculation, people can be anything from serial offenders who don't give 2 ***** about punishment to first-time offenders who show genuine remorse and regret. In both cases, I refer you to point 3.

Additonal: a "first offender" might just = the first time they been caught.
    • Like x 1
  7. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Apply your logic to life, let me know how you get on.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mr.W Committed Player

Not for the majority of ppl on the game as in life. The majority of ppl will definitely reconsider doing something wrong & will play fair b/c they see how close others came & repeat offenders will still be banned.

It wouldn't take that much time b/c the logs have already been pulled plus made a statement in his initial actions taken post about reverting all exo experience from all players artifacts (the ill-gotten) experience part he addressed so thats already in the process.

For (this) particular situation i don't think the 21 days is too lenient for (first offenders) & while a few may have "just" got caught im willing to bet 80% of the first offenders honestly haven't done anything before.

Also the players that exploited are currently being punished.
    • Like x 2
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

This thread is still going?

Soul was right, yall do spend too much energy on this topic.
    • Like x 2
  10. Tolly Committed Player

So that they are no longer in progress, the solution is simple, devs make a gift to the players, tonight it's Christmas, open the accounts and we all join together in joy and good mood on DC Universe Online! ;p
    • Like x 1
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

A Christmas present for the cheats, yes, but what do the honest players get? A slap in the face, that's what.
    • Like x 4
  12. Tolly Committed Player

In 2 years, no one will care about this story ^^
  13. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

But they do now.
    • Like x 2
  14. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

Thank you this made me laugh so hard. A christmas present for the cheaters... HAHAHAHAHAHA
    • Like x 2
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Anyone claiming the "game is dead" is being wildly disingenuous, given that more people than ever are playing, as per EG7's report, and as anyone who looks at the number of phases with the actual listings of a thousand people or more at a time in various given locations at a given time in the game can see.

How could the "game be dead" and simultaneously have 900 players in the Hall of Legends and another thousand in Doomed DC and another 800 in the Watchtower and another 600 in Flashpoint Gotham, and so on? When anyone who looks can see well over a thousand people simultaneously in the game, there's little room for confusion that isn't deliberately distorting the truth that the game is obviously thriving, even if we ignore official statements.

EU servers aside, perhaps. I'm referring to PC/PS US.
    • Like x 3
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What does this mean when translated into English?
    • Like x 1
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The money glitch happened about that length of time ago, it's still having a negative effect on the game economy now, and it's still been mentioned both obliquely AND openly in the discussion we're all having right now. There was also direct, open reference to the TOTD bug, and that content's half a decade old. Or - bluntly -

Yes, people will remember.
    • Like x 5
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

it means they're wrong, they know they're wrong, but they're trying very hard not to be wrong and in doing so have elected to wildly misrepresent the material circumstances of the situation, instead of just saying "Well, I didn't want to pay for it so I stole it instead".

and it's not even well-worded self-serving moral relativism; it's meandering drivel.
    • Like x 5
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This poster is one of a number on these forums whom I simply literally cannot figure out what they're trying to say half the time or in half of their comment.

Not that I blame any non-native-English-speaker, of course, for any problems with English! (I have the perhaps erroneous impression Tolly is Russian?)

But my understanding of the problem doesn't help my understanding of some people's idiosyncratic usages. And it's typically not the meaning of words that's problematic; it's typically the lack of sentence structure: a bunch of phrases comma-spliced together doesn't magically turn itself into a sentence. And absent sentence structure, meaning tends to disappear into a blur of unconnected phrases floating near each other.

"people have only climbed artifacts faster" -- I don't know what that's supposed to mean! How does one "climb" an "artifact"?

"it simply allowed them to have more positive artifacts" -- what? What's a "positive artifact" or a "more positive artifact"?

Etc.

Trying to translate another language into English by simply translating phrases and then stringing a bunch of phrases together with random commas just doesn't work most of the time. It doesn't resolve into comprehensible sentences. Sentence structure exists to make sentences comprehensible and not just a bunch of words in proximity to each other. (But I repeat myself.)

But I do at least get from this poster that they consistently try to pass off cheating as somehow harmless and something we should all not care about, whatever the specifics are of what they're trying to say.
    • Like x 1
  20. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Just my opinion (not worth anymore than yours)

The cheaters should stay banned. But in the end… money talks.

If the game loses money, all of the players that were banned will be back. This has probably been said already.

I do believe that the cheating character should be stripped of all arts and gear. But that’s probably not gonna happen.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.