Stat Clamp Choice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by qECLIPSEp, Dec 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qECLIPSEp Well-Known Player

I have been talking with other players and they all agree that give us a choice would be beneficial to all players. Make it where the group decides unanimously to not be clamped they will not be but the loot will revert to the way it use to allowing them to obtain feats. If they choose to be clamped they will be clamped and recieve loot as intended. Giving us a, "Do yoi wish to be Clamped? Yes or No will help and allow people who chose to go back and get feats once stronger as suggested a long time ago, to come to reality with allowing a group the choice to play as they see fit!
    • Like x 14
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Hmmm, getting the feeling that threads like these are going to be like the "when are we getting Lantern Healer powers" threads, popping up every so often and all that.

Anyhow, personally I wouldn't have a problem with it so long as people realize it means no scaling gear piece drops AND no Marks. If they want to play it unclamped like it was before, they should be willing to get what was offered back then as rewards.

I will question needing unclamped content to get feats, though. Between the CR advantage players are given when going into content below their current CR and the stat piercing, players tend to have a decent advantage when going into what would be the lower tiers for them. Getting feats in solo content is very manageable, and group content feats probably just require some communication and/or coordination.

The days of facerolling old content to get feats are done.
    • Like x 6
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its achievements are supposed to be feats, why remove the "feat" aspect of it, for a easy handout?

You want a feat, earn it.

If they are going to tie feats to actual progression then, your skill should earn you that progression rather then something you can leave for now, to trivialize later.
    • Like x 5
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

FFXIV
  5. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Threads like this come out every 2 weeks, this has been suggested and discussed a gazillion times, the problem is the game does not have the tech to allow this choice and it will be very demanding to change that.

I think Charon said it was a possibility in the future, but not happening right now.
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

And?

Edit: Everytime you come with this braindead reply im simply going to reply with that.
  7. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Oh I don't know. There are already adjustable difficulty sliders in raids so the tech is there. Just use a version of that.
    • Like x 1
  8. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

If we can get unclamped for feats and clamped for marks. Sure! Even mepps was saying that as we use better gear to go back and get feats, then for marks we are clamped and not loot locked.
    • Like x 2
  9. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

'Player choice' is an infinitley reasonable compromise between those for the clamp, and those against. However, the powers that be seem to have so narrowly defined 'fun' as to exclude the idea of running old content at a much higher level.
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

But times change, and so do approaches

Look how well this aged.
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s simple, if you want a reward regardless of what the reward is than you have to earn it. So if you want feats you have to earn it. Early end game is extremely forgiving with the stats penetration. Enough stats bleed through the clamp to where the early end game content is still easy.
    • Like x 5
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This post made me realize that I never run old content anymore. Prior to the clamp, myself and the league mates and friends would do “adventure time” on sundays and just go thru all the elite raids and feat hunt or really just get prestige. Payouts didn’t matter, drops didn’t really either but didn’t hurt. We haven’t tried since week one of the clamp. Wasn’t that we couldn’t beat it but we had to actually concentrate which made it less fun to goof around and instead of knocking out like 20 in an afternoon, you’d get like maybe 3. So the following week we did everything in regular. They were easier and whatever but the interest went away and now we only do the end game raids on elite. We’re months into the clamp and I still can’t decide if I like it or not but since I just don’t go near it, I guess it doesn’t matter.
    • Like x 1
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

The question i have for you from me personally. What is fun about killing a boss who offers no challenge nor threat? What is engaging about fighting something you dont have to engage with to win?
    • Like x 4
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Well, for adventure time runs, we enjoyed not having to care or concentrate or just fool around. We had elites for that since elites are always elites, stats help but you have to follow mechanics regardless for the most part. But even this new dlc, adds are still a one shot for even my worst toons and we can clear the new raid in regular in close to 10mins while ignoring mechanics so not sure what is engaging about that either.

Counter question: what’s engaging about running 10yr old content for the 980th time? I’d personally rather just breeze thru it even easier than it is now if it’s not elite.
    • Like x 3
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Many of us advocated for some sort of choice, however it either fell on deaf ears, was purposely ignored or technically not possible (at least under how they implemented the clamp here). I'd guess we are never going to see it happen, so while I enjoy a good 'head pound' against a brick wall myself....it probably won't happen unless there is a major technical overhaul. Seems like the best we will get is the slight adjustments they've made along the way.

And for those who are saying things along the lines of 'feats should be difficult...or they don't count'...please make sure you remove any SP you got in old content while clamping was NOT on, any where you are knocked out during a fight or maybe not contributing as much as others. Also, I'd guess to add that 'challenge' into a run, I'm sure your feat runs will NOT include people with high SP/Artis/CR....I mean, all those things contribute to 'trivializing' a feat....right? It's a weak-a__ argument for the clamp. There are better reasons I could actually get on board with (ok,.....nearer the board...not ON it), 'Making Feats Great Again' is not one of them. If you have a built group of 8 in a raid or 4 in an alert, those older feats are just as easy today as they were before...only the time involved is longer and the 'full group' requirement is higher...which again, means more time involved for LFG...nothing more. The only exceptions are mega burn ones like 'steak well done' or speed feats where now the burn is reduced enough to add back in some challenge. That accounts for maybe 10-15 SP worth of the near 700 we have to choose from. The rest are still easy enough....assuming you can build a group.
    • Like x 5
  16. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

In pre made groups the clamp is barely an issue. It actually makes some feats easier than they were before the clamp. But on the other hand, it is hilarious to see people who got 90% their skill points before the clamp, preaching about what achievements are supposed to be, and telling people to “get gud” lol
    • Like x 2
  17. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Your lack of empathy is pretty astounding. Why are you so unwilling to see what the stat clamp looks like to someone else?

You only think in such a pseudo-elitist way because you're in a place in the game where you don't have to grind like newer players or players coming back from scratch have to.

There is validity in this topic about the divisive issue of the stat clamp and ultimately everyone who dedicates time to play DCUO should be in favor of allowing more people to play but more importantly stay and enjoy it. It doesn't need to be an unnecessary grind; there is enough of that in the game already.

Stat clamp needs to go or at least be a toggable option for older/out dated content.
    • Like x 3
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

FFXIV screenshot
    • Like x 1
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

Translation: "I don't have arguments, so maybe if I invent some people to falsely back me up, my whims will be respected".

No, emotional teenager, a bunch of voices in your head will not validate your wish. We all get it, you want to faceroll things, but statclamp is here to stay, thankfully.
    • Like x 2
  20. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Instead of taking the childish route and insulting the poster, why don't you simply ask him what he and the other players actually talked about?

I swear, sometimes this board is as bad as gamefaqs.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.