Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayaya New Player

[IMG]
  2. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Cheer up buttercup. :)

It's just a game. An old one. ;) I know you get lots of enjoyment from building characters (I share this with you) but regardless of what happens in a few weeks, it's not the end of the world and there will be other games. Or you can come back here. It won't be the end of the world if you move onto other things. I barely play anymore. I've almost exclusively moved on. There's some great modern games out there as alternatives for you.
    • Like x 2
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I guess it's also mix of all the time and money+my enjoyment of making styles and the thought of never beeing able to make things with the styles I have that one of the things hurts the most of all.I just hope I find another great game out there wich keeps me occupied like this have if it comes to it.Anyway I hope you all have a Merry christmas.Gonna try get my life back together (My kryptonite:I always worry to much about things infront of me instead of living in the here and now) some how an we'll see what the future brings.
    • Like x 3
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I actually advocate to give Snow Owl a second chance, cause he actually seems genuinely sorry.
    • Like x 12
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I feel like I can relate to that. It's like how I feel every time our favourite YT boogeyman jumps in to tell everyone asking for new powers that they're not making new powers; because I know better, but also because like you said, I've spent so much time and money and energy here in this game. To feel like I have to (or are otherwise being forced to) walk away and give it up is an awful feeling regardless of the circumstances that got either of us to feel like that.

And this is also why I don't think the bans should be permanent. I do think DI has some culpability on this issue so a rollback rather than a perm ban (like I mentioned previously) is better in line with the game's needs.

Anyhow, like you said, distract yourself with real life for a bit. You may feel better about whatever the outcome is after some reflection. I'm hoping to see more costumes from you soon though. Have a great holiday season and be safe.
    • Like x 3
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I think everyone who took advantage of this exploit should only receive a temporary ban. Exceptions for those players who are proven "multiple offenders" (i.e. have already received temporary bans for other stuff). I have to be missing a few things here. I haven't had nearly as much downtime as I normally do these past few months. I'm starting to fall behind on everything so admittedly I don't know whats going on in great detail. If everything can be rolled back why is this that big of a deal? Did everyone doing this really expect to get away with it? Longer term players should have known better and so should the devs. There is a history of being lax when it comes to retaining ill gotten gains. This kind of exploit sounded deliciously tempting. I remember the original final boss fights in Hands of Fate with players dropping out of group to get their own loot. Before it was able to get fixed i seem to recall our dev team telling us to enjoy it while it lasts. Then theres the various times Paradox Wave was hollowed out and everyone got to keep their stuff up to more recent scandals with money and item duping and loot box bugging. This is actually something I would like to see as recurring week long events. Auto 200 arts for a week would give everyone a chance to test them all out to better decide which ones you want to invest time and money into...

Anyway my point is is yes cheating is bad but cheating in a video game doesn't automatically make you the antichrist incarnate in real life and everyone makes mistakes. The real crime here is the time wasted. A month long ban sounds right to me for the average "sentence" .
    • Like x 3
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Depression consists of either agonizing about the past that we can't change, or frantically worrying about a future not yet here that might never even happen.

Those of us prone to such need to forcibly wrench our minds back to the present moment to Be Here Now.

And as soon as we start drifting back to The Bad Thoughts, wrench again, and again, and again, until we're present in the present again. The present is the only time in which we have agency.

Remember: wherever you go, there you are.

;)

If you miss DCUO too much during a temporary time away, starting a new character can be a great deal of fun even if we're never going to come back to that character again. But you know that.

And, sure, there are also always other games, movies, "TV" series, books, comics, friends, interests, whatever, worth soaking in, as well. Monomania for too long is rarely healthy, anyway. I hope you remember other ways to be happy and other things to be happy with.
    • Like x 1
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

typo. sorry about that.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So much to unpack here.
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

42 pages in and they have yet again distracted us from the real issues.
    Never has a thread like this where people where acting up been allowed to stay up all week before, but hey it drew attention away from the problem.
  11. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I'm not reading through all these pages of comments so I'll just say this:

Ignorance is not an excuse. At a minimum any account tied to using an exploit to cheat should be suspended. Any account found blatantly and obviously gaining an unfair advantage should be permabanned, not just account but IP address.

Disagree? Come at me.
    • Like x 10
  12. Tolly Committed Player

For those who believe that 21 days without being able to play your favorite game or at least the game where you spend most of your time, not to mention the loss of daily rewards, is nothing, I challenge you not to log in for 21 days on your favorite game and not to try to get your daily rewards back and we'll see if the punishment is not heavy enough for you, most of you will not even be able to do it for 1 week, or even after a few days ^^
  13. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

I disagree. Because I can.
  14. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

For those of you who don't want to be in your favourite game for 21 days (or forever?), don't exploit. Simple.

And I'll say it again, if they DO let the cheats back in after 21 days, it's bye from me.
    • Like x 3
  15. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

Well bye then. The stabilizer glitchers returned and so will these guys. Also who are you kidding? Everyone who says I’m quitting, they don’t. Lol
    • Like x 1
  16. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

I will
  17. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I never had and never will exploit or abuse a glitch to put myself in the position of being temp banned, suspended for how ever long the suspension is, or permabanned. Matter of fact last time I was unable to log in for over 21 days, was actually a month or so in 2011 and all I ended up with was a back from the hack hoodie, two face eye piece and a batman inspired helm etc.

I'm sure some will be back in game after 21 days. Those are probably the accidentals and/or less egregious offenders. The ones that were the most blatant and egregious are probably back in game on new alts/accounts and probably getting stuff that was off loaded to their friends back on to their new accounts... to skirt any potential permaban.
  18. Trykz Dedicated Player

Off topic but that gif is funny as hell
    • Like x 1
  19. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

And yet you didn't articulate as to why.
  20. Mr.W Committed Player

I'm sure there are others who may be first offenders that are sincerely sorry too, but may not have had time to make forum accounts due to family obligations during the holidays.

21 days is like a scared straight program for ppl that never did anything wrong before.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.