Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Exactly right, and they determined 800 accounts egregiously exploited the bug and took appropriate action against them.
    • Like x 1
  2. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

They are pretty much the same. Without the glitch, the exploit would not have existed. They couldn’t reproduce the bug (nothing new) but that doesn’t mean the exploit didn’t exist. Testers were too busy PMing the devs about Elite difficulty to figure it out I guess. I wish people would stop downplaying this.
    • Like x 1
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

Thus is life…it’s the reality of the situation.

Some encountered a bug.

Others exploited a bug.

One of these groups is still playing.
    • Like x 4
  4. Soul Dedicated Player

Hmm.. no one is arguing otherwise?..

[IMG]
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I wonder how far we have to go to make this the longest thread in the history of the game. Oh, wait, the styles one is probably longer. Maybe we should start talking about styles in addition to the artifact glitch, lol.

Edit: Yeah, forget it. I don't have the energy to go another 320 pages of this.
    • Like x 1
  6. Tolly Committed Player

as you can see little could really give xp to the artifacts, it was mainly the exobytes and origin augmentations that gave an incredible amount of xpo to the artifacts.
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Except that you do here keep claiming to speak for "most" people, with zero justification. See my .sig.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Cheaters, quit playing victim and man up, deal with the consequences of your actions for God's sake.
    This whole thread is a joke, specially the people trying to blame the game for the decissions that they made.
    • Like x 3
  9. Harlequin Devoted Player

Come play FashionFrame or PSO2. Cosmetics are a huge part of both games and the community would love to have you.
  10. BLK Well-Known Player

My friend on xbox had a very similar situation and has been banned. He just picked up the op static face and has zero mats from that content to upgrade it/breakthrough but for some reason it got maxed when they brought back artifacts briefly and didnt give him the feat for it which makes sense cause he didnt level it at all.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't know how to simplify it for you. The bug was reported, the player that reported it and the dev team were unaware the bug could be exploited. A bug is a glitch in the code. An exploit is an action.
    • Like x 5
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Unless there's a video actively describing what you're talking about, this sounds suspicious and is 100% hearsay. There IS something missing in this narrative - "OMG one of my augments just JUMPED into my OP face!!!" seems very unlikely.
  13. BLK Well-Known Player

i gotchu friend. im just saying its saying its maxed level and he doesnt have the feat for it so if he did cheat then wouldnt the feat of popped as well?
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If he got suspended that's not what he got suspended for. What you're describing is a different issue that's been reported and recognized by the dev team.
    • Like x 4
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Your friend is probably lying to you.
    • Like x 8
  16. Soul Dedicated Player

None of this requires simplification for anyone.. you decided to reply to Cake's post only to emphasize the Semantics with regards to 'Bug' as opposed to 'Exploit'. You did it (and any none stupid person would easily see it) to put some contrast between the two as if they are not connected.

A player reported the bug that was used to exploit the fortification system. This sentence requires no further analysis, no need of breaking down the differences between the action and the tool. Why even point that out? Do we think the Devs are so stupid that if we report a bug that can be exploited with a simple feeding of XP to the wrong item, they need us to point out this specific word?
    "Hi, this bug in the fortification menu allows me to use XP I shouldn't be using" *Blank Dev Stare*
    "Ok let me try again, This bug in the fortification menu allows me to exploit it" *Dev Lightbulb*

Also, what makes you think the player that reported the bug didn't know they could feed said marks to the wrong item? It sure seems to me like they did, that is probably why they were decent enough to report it. Not like that matters, even if they didn't, putting 1+1 together seeing the fortification menu shouldn't be a task for Mensa members.

And I'm sorry for being this... aggressive (F U CAKE), it's just that it seems to me that you saw a friend digging their own hole here and you decided to jump in only to critique semantics that honestly do not further the conversation or change the facts what so ever. But that could definitely just be me making assumptions now.
    • Like x 5
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

Nope, I have friends who had augments “automagically” leveled past a breakthrough, but are missing the feat. And they are still playing ;) The fact is that they had the XP already added from legitimate sources. As others have said, you should take your friends statement with a grain of salt.

It’s a known issue here:

Episode 42: Known Issues
    • Like x 1
  18. Golden Spartan New Player

this isnt good for your blood pressure soul taaka will not BB ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. AvatarofCake New Player

[IMG]

I was just about to let this one go too.. It is so not worth the effort.
    Please end my suffering.
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Is he still able to play, because what you are describing is what happened to a lot of players. They never even fed anything and got breakthroughs after they did a fix one morning.

If he was suspended, I'd argue that your friend was either trying to piggy back on the bug I mentioned and lied or was suspended for something else.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.