Did someone hit Celestial with a nerf bat?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Pale Rage, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

To me, it seems like celestial healing isn't forking out what it used to. I have a celestial and electric healer, and for a couple weeks now, my electric healing has been much higher than my celestial. It used to be the opposite. I'm passing my celestial heals by millions now though.
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

How do you measure that?
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I've had electric and celestial for years. So I get used to seeing healing numbers at the end of raids and alerts. I take into account if people are using pets (because some powers I specifically use to help keep pets health up), group placement (as certain heals are range based (like electrogenesis)), etc. The numbers I'm seeing at the end of raids, with my celestial healer, have just been oddly lower than my electric, by a lot.
    I also take into consideration CR differences. In FP raids, the average CR is higher now (considering the new dlc), so I expect (as usual) to have a little less healing out when people have higher defense. Running the new raid, twice today (on each), the CR's were about the same, but my electric still did a minimum of 10m more healing with no wipes on any run.

I know what I'm used to seeing, I'm just not seeing it lately.
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

I guess that's not a really good thing (not at all) to measure.
    How much damage got the group in?
    Which Tankpower?
    How much power did you use?

In a raid there are soo many factors.

I highly doubt that it got nerfed... well idk.. but saw celstial soloheal on SDe last night. Guess its fine :D
    • Like x 3
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Honestly, yeah that isn’t a viable way to look at healing. You can’t even compare healers at the same time in the same raid and so many players try. I’ll try to make that make sense. Let’s say I could use both my healers in a raid at the same time. One water, one sorcery. My sorcery toon would demolish my water healer on the board because my water toon is built for shielding. So her numbers always look like trash in the healing dept but it’s because no one is taking damage. My sorcery toon barely uses shields. So it all goes into the healing chart.

Now you run with a 2nd healer in like the new elite. One healer has 40mil, one has 20. But both are very capable so why the difference? One may be healing pets and npcs and one may not be at all. Or one is all hots keeping people topped off while one is all reactionary. The top off type will be lower but that doesn’t mean they can’t heal. My guess here is that you’re trying to compare something that can’t be compared at all. All that matters is that the group stays alive, the numbers don’t matter at all.
    • Like x 3
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

healing number on that BS board mean nothing are people getting healed and was the instance completed is all that matters
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Ya, I factor damage in (to the team) and especially the tank power (example: if there's a fire tank, chances are I'm not going to heal as much on the tank). I'm not saying celestial is weak, it's, in my opinion, the strongest healing power (there's so many powers to use that heal and combo to more healing). As long as I've been healing (sorcery, water, electric, celestial), you kinda get used to knowing how your powers perform. All I'm saying, is that something feels off.
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Are you by chance experiencing the celestial bug? Something about the phr or page arti making the group heal not work at all or not healing from the same range as without those equipped? I haven’t noticed it in awhile but the lack of group heal was affecting all powers and required a relog. The celestial specific aspect, I’m not fully aware of all the things related but there’s a pretty long post in the big section. I assumed it was fixed but maybe not?
    • Like x 1
  9. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I do use purple and page. Maybe that has something to do with it, considering that admonish (group heal to HoT) is the primary source of my healing.
    • Like x 1
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Found that big report and bumped it. Come to think of it, ever since I changed my neck mod from fortified assault to escalating might (got tired of swapping the Omni mod lol) I tend to stay a little back from the fight a bit more. That could be the most logical explanation.
    • Like x 1
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Hopefully! Well, maybe not hopefully lol but it’s probable. I only know one celestial healer, all the rest I knew have switched powers due to that.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As stated earlier in the post that really isn’t a good benchmark to test healing. The only way to test healing is to see the healing numbers themselves. If you’d want to keep track of how much your primary healing abilities heal for (amount in each tick). And see if they are going up or down in a controlled environment. This is done by going to an open world and letting yourself take damage then casting a heal.

Using scoreboards is to inconsistent. Not only everything that he’ll said earlier but also players getting geared up and learning mechanics. When a dlc first comes out players are (for the most part) learning mechanics and still have gear from previous dlc. After even just a week players learn to avoid some attacks and players get better gear. Eventually players take less damage and healing numbers go down
    • Like x 2
  13. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

That, I do understand, but for the sake of curiosity, I did decide to reset the raid a couple times today, and changed my neck mod back to assault so I could safely get closer to the fight. My numbers were back up as high as I would expect them to normally be. From mid range, I'm able to hit my 6 group members with healing, whereas from long range (my second run) I was not hitting the tank with my group heal (this was noticeable on his health bar not going up when I hit group heal, and in the healing/combat log I keep running).

I did bump the big report I found (from months ago) regarding this bug. However flawed the method I use to figure what I should be seeing as "my normal healing out," it was sufficient enough method to prove to me that I'll need to stay mid-range with my healing instead of long range, at least until the bug is fixed.
  14. L T Devoted Player

When you heal with Electric, I'm thinking you use Galvanize. That ability is super-highly-dependent on pets and other friendly NPCs. A team running lots of pets is extremely friendly for Electric's numbers. You have to really lean on Consume Soul as Celestial to get anything close to the same effect.
    • Like x 1
  15. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Divine light and corrupted divine light, also heal pets is they're close/on the glyph (usually the one by the tank gets the most pet attention). But yes, I use consume frequently on celestial, as well as galvanize on electric.

I did find the problem though (bugged page with celestial). A position change fixed the numbers issue I was seeing (placing celestial back above my electric in what I'm used to seeing): however that means celestial can't heal with admonish from long range, at least until the bug (which is about a year old now) gets fixed.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ergotth Committed Player

Recently I went to heal with my celestial healer again after a while and... yea, Admonish's and Virtuous Light's group heals are ABYSMAL all of sudden!
    • Like x 1
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

It all seems fine to me but im not running PoD i replaced it with Strat or EoG since page is broke for us