Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You claim you're not an apologist for the cheaters, but that's exactly what you're doing with your tap-dancing and dev-blaming.

Nah. Proxy is responding to what you're saying, rather than what you claim you're saying. It's an amazing trick known to people who can read.

Newsflash: you don't get to decide what other people feel is or is not their duty.

I'm sorry to break it to you, because clearly this news comes as a complete shock to you. But it's what we call "the truth."

But, hey, tell us more about our "only duty"! It's what we pay you for!
    You obviously care what other players say on the forums because... reasons? Sorry, but you can't simultaneously express your views on the forums and claim other people shouldn't express their views on the forums. I mean, you can, but everyone will notice that that's idiotic.

Now you're just flatly lying.

Not that that's surprising in context.

Mepps apologized multiple times and took responsibility. Lie all you want to try to deny it. I'm sure the straight-forward lying will impress Mepps, or, at the least, the cheaters and sympathizers. Who isn't impressed by obvious lies?

But your insults will? How does that work, exactly?

Clearly, accusing people you disagree with of engaging in disgusting behavior is constructive! What a grand example you set.

Insult people some more. Make creepy accusations! It's so useful! What else is left when one has no actual arguments?
    • Like x 2
  2. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I have to laugh that you actually think we are gloating for them.
    Trust me, I criticize the devs all the time.

Maybe, and think long and hard about this so you can possibly understand, that being in a player base that constantly has cheaters/exploiters/glitchers always get away with everything and anything under the sun while only getting a kiss on the cheek for their knowingly wrong actions that it it finally nice to see the devs finally take a stand and actually DO something.

For the first time in years they are finally doing something as opposed to ignoring it or covering it up or putting their heads into the sand.
  3. Ayaya New Player

This has to be the most condescending and backwards post I have read on this thread yet.
    She is clearly using his own language in her replies, which you conveniently chose to ignore and then make fun of in her posts.

I get it, we get it, you guys are friends. Please do try to stop embarrassing yourself.
    • Like x 3
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What's absolutely hilarious here is that you have zero self-awareness that all you're doing in your repeated posts is being concerned about how other people are being treated for their actions.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I just think it's sad that you don't realize that this sentence literally makes no sense, as well as being a lie.

Nobody is "gloating" about anything. Repetition won't change that.

"the Devs" need no defense. The game belongs to DCUO and all the whining and wailing in the world won't change that fact.

Shouting "look, Halley's comet!" and pointing at the sky, does not work. And that's what attempting to change the subject from the simple fact that the cheaters bear the sole responsibility for their cheating is the equivalent of.

Inane and risible claims that the cheaters are the "fault" of the game programmers are hilariously stupid.

"These people deliberately chose to cheat, but it's not their fault! It's the fault of... those people standing over there! Yeah, that's the ticket! It's their fault, not the fault of those who cheated!"

Uh-huh. Just keep repeating this and you'll... never persuade anyone with three brain cells, but have fun trying!
  5. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Think they mean gloating at the banned, not the devs.

Didn’t they ban people previously though too for the linkdead thing?
  6. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

There have been many instances over the years (and linkdead was one of them) where there have been bans that came as a result but this is only the 3rd or 4th that I know of where it was such a high number.
  7. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Let's end this worthless debate with this.

#1: It's absolutely the Devs fault that this glitch existed. Period.

#2: it's absolutely the banned players fault for exploiting that glitch for an unfair gain or advantage. Period.
    • Like x 6
  8. Karasawa Loyal Player

Did you even read her posts?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

"I have nothing left now but insults!"

To repeat:
    That's almost interesting. Why are you so bothered by people not criticizing the devs for their crime of being fallible? How is their fallibility in any way relevant to who bears the responsibility for cheaters cheating? Why do you non-stop try to change the issue to "but the devs are the ones REALLY responsible for the cheaters deciding to cheat!"?

Because that's not how responsibility actually works.

What does it matter that DCUO erred? The sole responsibility for the cheating remains with the cheaters. Period, end of story. Why does it bother you that people are focused on that simple truth?

Well, the answer is clear: you want to shift responsibility away from the cheaters. But what's your own explanation as to why it bothers you that people blame the cheaters for their cheating? You keep claiming that you're not apologizing for the cheaters while all you have to say is "let's blame the devs instead!"

Do you actually think anyone is buying your crap?
    • Like x 1
  10. BYSIS Well-Known Player

There. That's it. The devs should have done better with getting rid of that glitch (along with the other glitches). If that glitch never existed, this prolly wouldn't have happened. BUT, it did exist, and that's solely on the devs. But NEWS FLASH!! the devs aren't responsible for any stupid choices or decisions you make concerning the bug. The ToS clearly states that it's a violation to exploit any bug for unfair gain or advantage. And they have the right to deal with you accordingly if u are found guilty of said act.
    it would be foolish to say that the devs are not at fault whatsoever with this, cuz they are. It would also be foolish to say that everything is their fault, and not the messed up players who willingly exploited it (shout out to those who straight up confessed, I highly respect that.) Both are at fault. But you as a player consented to the ToS. And if u Willingly violate the ToS by exploiting A dev fail, And get judged accordingly by SuSpension or A Mjolnir of Bannage to the groin, you have no one to blame but yourself. This has been my argument this whole time, an it's completely neutral.
    • Like x 4
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The "devs" are the people who make and run the game.

Why do you or anyone else think this is some kind of revelation? Of course the code is the responsibility of the devs! So? And? What's your point?

The only people responsible for cheating are the cheaters.

What else is relevant to the issue of "who is responsible for cheaters cheating?"?
    • Like x 2
  12. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Did u even bother to continue reading? I mean, I hope you did as you quoted me.

The reason why I said that is to just straight up end this. You got ppl here not blaming the devs, and you got ppl here not blaming the banned folks. All I'm doing is giving blame to where it is due. Context
    • Like x 2
  13. BYSIS Well-Known Player

I Clearly said that it's the players fault for cheating. Read carefully next time
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

There's a term for this logic. It's called "blaming the victim."

There's another term, as well. It's called "moral equivalency."

Sorry, but there's only one "side" here responsible for cheaters cheating, and that's the cheaters.

Blathering on about the devs changes nothing. We all know that the programmers do the programming.

And we all know that the sole responsibility for people deciding to cheat lies with the cheaters.

All the attempts in the world to change the subject to the devs and claiming that somehow the cheating is equally their responsibility won't work. Being fallible isn't the "fault" of anyone. Claiming that fallibility and cheating are equally bad is risible.

"Both are at fault."

Nope. That's not how responsibility for immoral/unethical choices works. The only party here bearing responsibility for the cheaters are the cheaters.
    • Like x 3
  15. Soul Dedicated Player

This is in essence what I was trying to say, but pointing this out is "trying to divert blame" and "protecting cheaters".
    I've seen the kind of characters that pop up here over the years even before the forums were reset in 2013, it was never pretty but at-least there was plenty of criticism of the development when it was due (and wasn't, admittedly). These days its nothing but sucking up to them and ganging up on those who disagree. I doubt this will work in anyone's benefit in the end.
    • Like x 2
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yes, you're trying to split the blame between the people who are wronged and the people who have done wrong.

"Your honor, the fault for my burglary lies equally with me for burglarizing and with the people who forgot to turn on the alarm!"

Best of luck with that story.
    • Like x 1
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This seems to be a core point of your argument, so you must surely have some kind of evidence for it?

Can you link where the devs were aware of this exploit and decided to launch it?
  18. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Lol dude, you apparently didn't read the past 7posts I made here.
    I'm not splitting the blame. You apparently didn't even understand my statement, so lemme break it down for ya, okay?

The glitch is the devs fault, along with all the other glitches that came forth. Period. We all can agree on this. It's not any player's fault if the game is bugged or glitched.

BUT! Any action that a player willingly makes to exploit said bugs (which is what you see that happened) Is automatically in violation of the ToS. They are cheaters that need to be removed. Period

That's my point. I never have said that it's the devs fault for them cheating, now THAT would be Splitting blame. get that out that head of yours, the only thing they are at fault with, is the fact that the bug existed, and they have clearly apologized for the poor performance of this recent dlc.
    I'm completely neutral concerning this situation.
    • Like x 3
  19. BYSIS Well-Known Player

I 100% agree that anyone that uses any means to cheat, is a cheater. Period. So yer not really breaking down anything I said.

The points of the devs are different than the cheaters. I'm not blaming the devs for the actions of the cheaters at all. Anyone here could see that. The only thing they are to blame for is the poor buggy performance of this recent dlc. Whatever the devs did, and what these cheaters did, are Separate. That was my point. I just simply spoke about both sides. But in the end, the cheaters cheated, and got what they deserved.
    • Like x 3
  20. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Tbh, I don't really care if its the devs fault that the bug existed, those folks wouldn't have gotten a Mjolnir to the face if they just played by the rules, regardless of the situation... Jus Saiyan..
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.