Stop being mean to the Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Dec 15, 2021.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How does any of this further discourse? What exactly is the point of all this unnecessary bs??? Don't assume what???
    • Like x 4
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

[IMG]
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed.

What if I told you....I thought that was a tat on her chest for the first 2 or 3 times that gif played? I though '11 has gone all 2-pac...and that's an innappropriate gif'(for a few more months at least).
    • Like x 2
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I like Omelettes from my local diner. I go there every Sunday with my dad and get one (meat lovers...mmmmm). I like the chef/owner there, he comes around sometimes and asks how everything is. On occasion, because they use real eggs, I'll see a piece of shell in the omelette. Sometimes I'll pick it out...other times, I'll send it back if it's bad. Just because they made a mistake I pointed out, doesn't mean I think the chef is bad...it doesn't mean there is some attack. On occasion, I've gotten it taken off the bill for my troubles, other times not. I'll be back there again next week and will probably have another.

However. I will tell you that if I got a LOT of shell in there EVERY time I ordered one, I'd probably stop going to that diner. Or maybe the first time I'd gotten one I could have chosen not to return, saying nothing. I'd think the chef would rather know he made a mistake he can try to correct vs just having me go elsewhere.

Now....If I called him to the carpet about how much he sucks and how everything he does is wrong, not only would I expect NOT to have things corrected, I'd figure I wouldn't be welcome there anymore. You can point out a mistake and discuss how to correct it without being rude....but the pointing out of the mistake is NOT rude in and of itself.
    • Like x 3
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Talking to anyone like this on the forums violates the TOS.
    • Like x 4
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

True, he should have been more subtle about it like how you go about attacking a person in a nice and nasty manner but just so far as not to cross the line.

For example:

Knowing what's reality and what's fantasy, and how to tell the difference, is generally helpful, regardless of how ugly reality may be. Making futile demands is futile. Pointing this out isn't antagonistic; it's being clear.

It also isn't bad will or misunderstanding. Nor did I remotely say or imply anything whatever about anyone's intelligence.

I'm all for people spending money on the game. I'm all for good will and understanding. I'm equally for people understanding what their money entitles them to. I fail to see how pretending that reality isn't reality would help anyone at all in any way. "Let me further your futile delusions" doesn't strike me as a way to help anyone. Misleading you as to what your game money has "earned" you wouldn't seem helpful to you. Your mileage may vary.

Nice and nasty. The accusation of not knowing what’s reality for fantasy, but covered by a reassurance you aren’t implying anything. But later doubling down on me being delusional while making it appear you actually are being helpful instead of attacking me.

Very nice and nasty. Again thank you for attempting to embarrass me by questioning my metal state. I guess it is the art of the insult.
    • Like x 2
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Not for nothing but I've played other games that don't have half the issues this game has. I've been playing Age of Conan for years and never, EVER encountered anywhere near the issues this game has had. Also, there is zero creativity with this game. All new episodes are exactly the same format. And I'm disappointed that they've completely destroyed PVP and open world. And the nerfing for older content is complete BS.
    • Like x 4
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

As long as you're respectful I don't see the problem pointing out issues.
    • Like x 4
  9. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Thank you. I usually go all...

[IMG]

You did better by showing an example. I commend you.
    • Like x 2
  10. Tolly Committed Player

Ok so you have to be against the ethics of the forum functionality which is "freedom of dialogue exchange"? you have to be robots programmed to follow a given order? well **** then, what's the point of having a forum in that case?
    x)

Yes, negativity and bad criticism are never pleasant, but sometimes, that's what we make progress with!
    • Like x 2
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'm reasonably sure that discussing what you think of me is not on-topic regarding gameplay in DCUO.

Especially when you bring it up completely out of the blue when it has absolutely zero relevance to the thread or game.

Moreover I wrote absolutely nothing suggesting anything about your mental state or claiming that you had delusions. I wrote, in actual fact, as anyone can confirm by clicking the link, about posters' assumptions that being nasty to the devs was a productive activity. That's the "delusion" I referred to. I suggest rereading what I wrote if you're still confused and have trouble understanding it.

You wrote:
    I responded:
    Nothing in there about you at all, other than my saying that people should, in fact, have no expectations that their membership or other money spent on the game "earns" them any legal obligations by Daybreak. Believing that the TOS says that Daybreak owes players anything is, in fact, a delusion. Plain and simple. Stating that is not an insult to anyone.

You seem determined to find insult in what I write no matter that at no time have I actually commented on you in the slightest; instead you make bizarre interpretations of comments about things other people have said and insist that those comments are about you. Which is weird, but I'll repeat again that at no time have I made any claims about you or characterized you in any way. Honest.

I suggest moving on.
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Oh quite on the contrary I should say. You chastised Kabr for doing something that violated the TOS when you yourself are unnecessarily mean to others and generally seem to delight in denigrating people for what I can only assume is out of a sense of superiority.

The smug way you went about insulting me and attempting to humiliate me is no different than what Kabr did.
    • Like x 2
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Once again: discussing what you think of me is not discussion of game-play.

Sheesh.
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Deflection, another standard tactic. I'm merely pointing out the offensive similarities between what you said versus what Kabr said. If one is a violation of the TOS so should be the other.
    • Like x 1
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I'm totally into game music this week....
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

That's nice. You can have the last word here. Bye now.
  17. Dene Devoted Player

Perfect response! LOL
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

When it comes to a job like this, how do u think people were before the internet, did they just not write letters, call, or even show up to game stores and even publishing headquarters, "it happened" i don't think a dev should be personally attacked, of course not, but there is Fair Criticism and harassing someone on purpose with the intent to troll them,

i always have felt "just my opinion from playing mmos for 17 years now, if your paying 15 dollars a month , for access to a game you purchased, for full price, you have 100% the right to let your feelings be known, on what should be done in game , with bugs, all that stuff, there is a line of course when going after a dev for just delivering a message, unless said dev is posting replies and engaging that is different, "it happens" its fair game when the dev steps into a open discussion with their personal name twitter handle attached to their job, i have always said, Any developer needs to keep there face, and RL name private, with twitter, everyone wants to be liked, and there are only few smart developers "not speaking of any situations here, Just in general" your asking for it, and are a public figure if you prance around the net with your name under the publishers blue checkmark or credibility, i personally have thought for a long time, since 2012, that Companies, should not let there developers only community managers and jobs of that sort should be posting in the games or developers / publishers name, it should be a job requirement to have a work twitter, and keep your face/name/all that stuff , THOUGHTS, all on your own personal twitter, without letting people know you even work at said company.

saying to not be mean to the devs is a blanket statement, of course, they are trying at there best, and are doing what upper management is saying to do, it only gets dirty when the meta gaming starts "doxing", "how lazy someone may be" "what you think of their opinions" that's dirty and when your a public figure comes with the territory and sadly many devs, and workers for these companies ask for it frankly. i don't talk bad about devs, i judge game specifics, in a respectful way, and give constructive criticism there's nothing wrong with that, its an age old idea to just say stop bullying and being mean, nothing will always be unicorns and rainbows, but the companies can take measures to make sure their employees don't put themselves in these situations.
    • Like x 1
  19. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

Hope your head is feeling better always stay hydrated and do cardio. I enjoyed your post it basically confirms that all the developers left after the downsizing. I still want to know what the developer that was hired from Gearbox that worked on Borderlands 3 promised to deliver that failed which caused his demise after being terminated from employment. I believe we have a right to know and full transparency can help the gaming community grow.

Avair aka Dr. Krieger... Everyone wanted to know what he was hiding underneath those T-Shirts. heh That meltdown about the color codes in the town hall meetings was legendary.

Hans was funny too checked out his fakebook page or twitter a few years back and he was just lost a gaming tournament and was complaining that the opponents should have been disqualified for profanity and racial slurs. Hans is from Holland and moved to the U,S, and relocated to Canada. heh heh.

Well I need to visit a friend in the hospital that just had HIP surgery. bye bye acorn. Stay Healthy )

• Like x 1
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You have zero "rights" in a privately-owned game or on a privately-owned forum.

"Right" is a legal term. The law doesn't give a damn how you feel about it.

You have a right to mutter to yourself, or talk to your friends, or talk in all sorts of places. Those places don't include game forums or in games.