Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    ...You can't be serious.
    • Like x 8
  2. L T Devoted Player

As it is a Playstation-exclusive exploit, and the test server is PC only, the above statement is objectively false.
  3. Requake Dedicated Player

So.. Where was stated that this was exclusive on PS?

I don't know about xbox, but I know for a fact PC could definitely do it too. Good attempt though.
    • Like x 2
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Turns out it was on PC as well. When they attempted the first fix it worked on PC but console required a second fix.

5. The Drama Club Level 30

I've earned a 21 day suspension, and I'd like to apologize and also give some context for my experience with the artifact glitch.

I'm embarrassed to describe my state of mind. We've all seen news footage of when an armored car crashes and idiots jump out of their vehicles and run into traffic, scooping up as much cash as they can? On DLC launch day I was one of those idiots. I already had two DPS artifacts at 200, and Quislet sitting at 184. I was giddy at the idea of getting him to 200, and then turned my attention to my controller artifacts, moving the BOP com link from 164 to 200 ,the Amulet of Rao from 162 to 200, and the Claw of Elkhund from 146 to 197. It was easy to do because I had stacks and stacks and stacks of exobytes in my inventory that I had saved up from the last two episodes. I was attempting to max out my origin augments when I discovered the glitch.

I logged out of my main and into my alts to move catalysts and seals into the shared bank. When I got back onto my main, the glitch was gone and I never saw it again. I used the catalysts and seals for the breakthroughs, and I was done.

That's it. It was all over and done in in less than 20 minutes. I never saw the glitch again let alone had any idea it could be replicated. I just figured someone forgot to turn something off on the backend, and do it while I can, and then moving forward I'd finally be able to focus on leveling up the artifacts on my alts the appropriate way. Even when fortification was turned off I figured it was just because the devs needed to work on the fix, not because people could still use the glitch. I went on about my business running the winter seasonal and doing the Doom dailies.

People who scoop up money off the freeway have to give it back. I need to make restitution as well, and I'm fine with that, and all the exobytes, calalysts and seals I burned, I accept that they are gone too. I accept my suspension. It's appropriate and deserved.

I do regret my actions. I've been playing since week two and have never been in any kind of trouble with the game before in my 11 plus years of playing. I survived the hack and proudly rock the collector's edition drone as one of my pets. When I actually play Legends I like to use the TV costume Supergirl. I'm old school and an old head. I truly hope that this 21 day suspension and an understandable forfeiture of my ill-gotten progress are the extent of my punishment.

If my account is permanently banned, I'll accept that punishment, and that will be it for me. I won't make an new account. I don't say that as a threat. I say that because one of my favorite parts of this game is decorating my bases. I have what I think in as awesome manor, as well as a truly fabulous bar/grille/pub that I've built up over the last seven years. Gearing up and getting back to end game wouldn't take long, but many of those base items I have would be lost to me, and I have no heart to start that from scratch.

Thanks for reading. I just wanted to provide some context that some of us used the glitch weren't calculating and conniving schemers, but rather stupid people who got caught up in a moment of giddiness and made bad decisions.
    • Like x 5
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I would hope ~20 minutes of bad judgment can be forgiven with nothing more than a rollback of your ill-gotten gains along with the suspension. Thank you for sharing what led you to your decisions and suspension. I truly wish you the best since you have taken accountability for your actions.
  7. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

21 days isnt that bad, Atleast you came to provide context to how some people discovered and abused the glitch. But imma government teacher so let me put that cap on for a second, Never admit to anything during an active or ongoing investigation.someone might look at the steps you provided and think “ nah he needs longer for this” and as stated in the devs announcement, they seem unsure if thats all youll get. Keep it to yourself for awhile man, log out.
  8. Stark23 Committed Player

Whole lot of “New Player” under the names popping up to defend themselves, gotta love it.
    • Like x 1
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Given that the players with accounts suspended probably can't, you know, access those accounts, I'd expect that.
  10. Stark23 Committed Player

You can log into the forums whilst being suspended in-game, there are examples in this very thread big guy.
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

My mistake. I was under the impression that was not the case due to this account being tied to our in-game account. Carry on with your judgmental posts about people with new accounts. :D
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

The devs are talking about banning and you’re saying an appropriate punishment is no Doctor Fate tokens for a few weeks.

Can you at least try and appreciate that if this was the typical punishment for cheating then there would be very little reason not to cheat?
    • Like x 7
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

There is more to daily rewards than the tokens for most players, but I still agree with you that punishment would not fit the crime.
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Lol. Unfortunately, 20 minutes of bad judgement can get you into serious trouble pretty much everywhere. It's not a legitimate defense in any area of life. "Sorry, I was greedy and wasn't thinking correctly," isn't going to fly when you're shoplifting a bunch of smartphones because the guard was distracted with a customer having a seizure on the floor.

Taking "accountability for your actions" means accepting the punishment that goes along with the offense like an adult.

Not saying "I promise I'll never get drunk and drive again officer," and getting off with a warning.

Some lessons in life are unfortunately painful, but they are lessons.
    • Like x 2
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

I’m prepared to admit I was being a little bit facetious. I have over 2,000 Doctor Fate tokens, having never spent a single Doctor Fate token, as they are useless to me.

But yes, we are in agreement.
    • Like x 1
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yeah, I guess I should be clearer: of the infractions I've read about, those described in that post seem relatively benign, and the poster does seem to genuinely regret taking part in the exploit. And what I meant by taking "accountability for your actions" was exactly what you said. He mentioned in his post that he would accept whatever the punishment is and move on from there. To me, that seems sincere.
    • Like x 1
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

What's profound to me is that a lot of you people went on the record and tried to go "Oh progression doesn't matter anymore, yall nerfed my stats, stats-clamping ruined progression; there's no point to grind in DCUO anymore."

And what happened towards the close of 2021? Oh right, some of you guys cheated the progression system and want another slap on the wrist.

Why cheat the progression system if by your own accounts it don't matter anymore? :rolleyes:

I don't get you people and your end-game, it's the same rinse repeat scenario everytime. Yall cheat something in the game, get banned, spend X-amount of time pleading to everyone on the forums twitter and youtube that you were somehow a DCUO saint undeserving of a ban, get unbanned, cheat again, get banned again, the cycle repeats.

Don't @ me, just enjoy the meme below.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Oh, I agree it sounds sincere and mature. I appreciate the attitude.

What I disagree with is expressing that the punishment should simply be returning the ill-gotten gains and not having anything happen to your account. That's like telling the store, "I'll return everything I stole and that's enough for my bad decision." Unfortunately, in life that rarely happens and honestly isn't respectful to the other customers that end up paying higher prices because of people who steal.

In other words, being sorry you were caught, and apologizing for it, is better than not apologizing, but it's still stealing.
    • Like x 2
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yeah, I can see your argument. I guess I see it a little differently since the store in this case has the ability to turn back time and regain the losses with less effort than in the real world, but your analogy does make the underlying mistake in judgment look a little worse regardless of the apology.

In his analogy about the armored truck, I'm the type of person who would be grabbing that money off the streets and running to the armored truck to return it immediately to the men inside. I've had grocery stores mistakenly miss ringing items up and returned to the store after seeing the receipt to pay for those items. That's probably tantamount to people who reported this without even accidentally taking part in it.
    • Like x 1
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Mepps said they will look at all of the cases next month, So I suspect they aren't checking tickets at this stage. Also, it's the weekend, so probably short staffed just now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.