Respawn "protection"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ergotth, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Ergotth Committed Player

Something present in a lot of games that I think would greatly help DCUO could be whenever you're picked up mid-fight, you have about 2 seconds of "invulnerability"? Its just IMMENSELY frustrating to get up and immediatly be hit by an attack before the soda or the healer got us to proper health. WOuldn't break the game, but would really help us out.

Heck, even Overwatch have that and most players want that ability GONE (granted only one healer can do it, but DPSs always complain when something makes killing in PVP slightly harder than pressing one button xD)
    • Like x 2
  2. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Unfortunately you would be asking for a new revamp. Stats revamp was meant for experienced players. It was also meant for your stats not to matter I'm not sure what the funny part about that is but it happened. You can simply notice your stats do not matter when an experienced player plays with a noob and that experience player has all the stuff in the world. You than notice when you play with experienced players that elite content is completely easy no matter the difficulty. One very sure sign about stats not mattering is the fact that you can't get up after being koed and picked up also being max still gets you one shotted very easily. Take your max stats in a noob pug group and tell me if you can beat anything. I'm sure 100% your answer will be a nope
  3. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

This has absolutely nothing to do with what the OP asked for an is a completely separate subject entirely.
    • Like x 5
  4. Wallachia Devoted Player

5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Put the “thinking” down and back away slowly, we dont want anyone getting hurt here…..

All kidding aside, not one word you just typed had anything to do with the OP smh.
    Lord help us all :(
    • Like x 1
  6. Ergotth Committed Player

Dude.... wrong thread?
    That aside, whats everyone else's opinion on this? Would be game-breaking or helpful to be immune to damage for ~2 seconds once revived? Should it be limited to PVE or just avaible everywhere?
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ehhh, I dont know. You can cola or be healed when you stand up...

But maybe, a half second immunity and having the attack buttons disabled for the duration.

Also moving cancels the immunity.
  8. Ergotth Committed Player

Problem is that sometimes you get hit by an attack before you even finish the "getting up" animation, or worse, there is a map-hazard on your spot, Imagine dying during that bossfight in Birds of Prey with Luthor when the AIR suddenly kills you :p Things like that will immediatly one-shot you.
    • Like x 2
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The solution is to have situational awareness before getting up.

This reduces the "knocked-out-immediately-again" problem down to relatively rare cases. It's a non-problem. Just wait to get up until it's safe: that simple. If you misjudge: well, that's what makes it a game.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

It would be nice if there was a longer window for us to respawn like we have on FF14. On DCUO I usually wait a bit after I have been revived to actually respawn just in case a Boss level AoE suddenly happens. But yes it is frustrating and infuriating to get a revive, respawn only to KO'd immediately once again with out being able to react.
    • Like x 1
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

A solid second to get situated would be sufficient I think. TDE for example (during STU): if the spawn point wasn't cleared, people would get stuck there repeatedly going down. Few dps would be able to clear the area without going down again. 1 second would be enough time to get your rear end moving if someone wasn't coming to help.

Then again, once people learned the lesson of clearing the spawn point, no worries from there. In a raid though, yes, 1 second of immunity give enough time to restore hp. Helpful idea.
  12. Ergotth Committed Player

No "situation awareness" can save you if there is a semi-permanent hazard where you died tho. Or worse, if you were THE HEALER when the hazard killed you and your return ASAP is priority.
  13. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

This might work as long as there is a "balance" to it. For example, if a 2 second "summoning protection" is granted, then only healing items are accessible from your inventory/utility belt for 5 seconds. So for 3 seconds you have to concentrate on healing/getting a rez and moving to a safe spot, which is what you should want to do anyway after a faceplant.

I would think this "summoning protection" would be disabled in duels, arenas and PVP altogether for this game; it makes no sense to have a 2 on 2 PVP match (for example) and your opponents get immunity after picking each other up. That would prolong a match, and PVP players these days don't have the patience or attention span for that.
  14. Tree Well-Known Player

Picking up somebody requires precision, grit, and strategy. Similarly, rallying afterwards takes some strategy and timing as well. I don’t think it would be ‘fair’ (for a lack of a better term) to be granted immunity during a rally. How would that translate into Elite content?
    P.S - Quit trying to pick up a teammate without zero shields and especially with a mob right behind your tail. Thank you for the effort, but at that point just save yourself! :x
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'd be down for a bit of immunity. It really is super annoying when a boss attacks right as you get up. As mentioned above, FFXIV does something similar. I believe upon being resurrected you get 5 seconds of immunity to most types of damage but if you use a skill/ability you immediately lose that immunity, so you have a choice of using that 5 seconds to relocate yourself or if you feel you're safe you can start attacking again straight away but forfeit your remining immunity time as a result. I'd be happy with something like that being implemented.
    • Like x 1