Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.W Committed Player

While it's entirely possible that nobody expected things to get this bad, there should have been a delay to its release to ensure things wouldn't had or if copyright forced a release date their should've been an emergency extended maintenance down when it was reported on live.
    • Like x 1
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Perhaps they could. Or in a worse case scenario rolling it back would mean rolling it back for all of us. We don't know the technical challenges the devs face. It all very well could be just some values in a table somewhere that would require being replaced with values from a backup version of the game data. I don't know.

It is a good point that you make as this might have been an option available to Daybreak. Ultimately it is Daybreak's decision on what punitive action(s) or permanent punishment of the ones who took advantage of the exploit. They are in possession of details we as the gaming community are not privy too.
  3. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Yep. And the honest players are STILL being punished for their exploits while they sit on the billions they made. We honest players STILL can't transfer funds via mail because of them. Almost what, 2 years later? And it's all because of these exploiters. I won't shed a tear for any of them.
    • Like x 8
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The exploit was apparently console only. So it wouldn't have popped up on PC test.
    • Like x 1
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Really? That's the first I've heard of it being platform specific.
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I was unaware of this as well.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I thought it was the same bug that was reported on test as well. OC told me the exploit turned out to be only on console, OC is more knowledgeable than me in this area. We'll see. It wouldn't be the first console exclusive exploit.
    • Like x 1
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

Some people would, sure, but others thought it was better the way it was handled. Sure it was annoying not to have 100% functionality, but I definitely preferred to have the game active with the portion in question deactivated.

Shutting down the entire game for a week would have been the worst outcome.
    • Like x 4
  9. Requake Dedicated Player

And same people spouting nonsense again.

No the glitch wasn't PS only.

EDIT:
    I'm talking about the artifact glitch, you know, the one mentioned in the subject.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mr.W Committed Player

Even if thats true, the game should've still come down for emergency maintenance to resolve the issue once it was reported.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It took days to track down what was going on, the game would have been down for days. Why punish people that weren't cheating?
    • Like x 2
  12. Mr.W Committed Player

While I know it's enjoyable to play by doing a system down they could've addressed a lot of the other bugs that were released with the episode too all at once & it would've been less disgruntled ppl complaining in chat too.
  13. Mr.W Committed Player

Doing a proper maintenance isn't punishing ppl, it's taking the time to do proper system repairs where other bugs could've been addressed during that time as well. Plus they always reward players when unexpected maintenance needed to be done.
  14. ak40seven Level 30

what are you even? some cosplayer who soloqueue event version of new content via the tab? ofc you wouldnt tell the difference. you wouldnt even notice if they delete elite raids. you are not to express an opinion in that case
  15. BumblingB I got better.

It was not console only. It was just easier to make it happen on the console. Several league mates saw it happen and they logged the game and didn't touch it at all.
    • Like x 6
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's no on/off switch for bugs. Shutting down the game for maintenance means people won't be able to log in and play. A lot of these bugs take longer than a day to investigate and fix meaning the game would have been down for days. You want them to shut the game down for several days essentially punishing the whole community for what? Which part of that are you not understanding?
  17. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Idc what yall said. It could have been a bonus week. Heck i dont even look at how much xp i have per nth, i only look at the bar. If its certainly a strong argument that if someone who isnt on the forums / social media would have no idea whats going on. And someone said they were talking about it in game.. my chat box only shows league chat n tells, i have to switch over to see lfg and trade… i imagine im not the only one with this setup
    • Like x 2
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I definitely understand your position. As I said earlier, there was a time when I returned to the game expecting that exobytes fed into artifacts and was surprised to learn they didn't. For someone returning or new to the system, it may not have been as obvious to them they were exploiting a bug. For people who are in that situation, I hope the system shows it wasn't abused intentionally and it all comes out in the wash.
  19. Plowed In Loyal Player

Your currency was showing up there. Surely you wouldn’t have gone, “Gee, a bonus week! I can use Solar Credits (Legion currency) to fortify at 0 xp.”
    • Like x 6
  20. Sentiency Well-Known Player

?? They literally said in their post that anyone who cheated should be banned for life.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.